ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Bambi 07-22-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9828081)
Funny that Big 12 fans keep spouting that line while shitting on the SEC and claiming that their conference is just as good.

Spoiler alert: It's not.

Most would be in agreement that Alabama is the best program in the nation right now. After that you have Georgia, LSU and Florida which are always solid.

The SEC has bottom dwellers like Miss St, Kentucky and Missouri like all conferences. I think that is the point you are missing.

Saul Good 07-22-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9828107)
Part of it's the humor of the situation yes. The other part is Saul angrily denying it happened. That's equally funny to me.

I'm not angry. Just show me the video. Even if it had happened, I wouldn't give a shit...but it didn't.

Saul Good 07-22-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9828121)
Most would be in agreement that Alabama is the best program in the nation right now. After that you have Georgia, LSU and Florida which are always solid.

The SEC has bottom dwellers like Miss St, Kentucky and Missouri like all conferences. I think that is the point you are missing.

10th out of 14 one year is pretty bad. 10th out of 10 for 2 years in a row (12th out of 12 the year before that) is bottom-dwelling.

Prison Bitch 07-22-2013 08:04 PM

Saul, when people say they're rooting for a top-10 team it means nationally. Not in the conference.

notorious 07-22-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9828081)
Funny that Big 12 fans keep spouting that line while shitting on the SEC and claiming that their conference is just as good.

Spoiler alert: It's not.

I am a K-State fan, not a Big 12 fan. **** the rest of the Big 12.

It's funny that you are talking about the same conference in which Mizzou won absolutely nothing, though.

Saul Good 07-22-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9828243)
I am a K-State fan, not a Big 12 fan. **** the rest of the Big 12.

It's funny that you are talking about the same conference in which Mizzou won absolutely nothing, though.

It's funny to talk about conferences in a thread about conferences? We have two totally different senses of humor.

When I want to discuss the Tigers specifically, I do it in the thread about the Tigers. (That probably also sounds funny to you.)

mnchiefsguy 07-22-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9828134)
I'm not angry. Just show me the video. Even if it had happened, I wouldn't give a shit...but it didn't.

He has nothing, and is pathetic spreader of false truths.

notorious 07-22-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9828263)
It's funny to talk about conferences in a thread about conferences? We have two totally different senses of humor.

When I want to discuss the Tigers specifically, I do it in the thread about the Tigers. (That probably also sounds funny to you.)

Nice deflection. Here at CP we stick strictly to thread topics, especially when you are in a no-win situation.

Have fun cheering for the SEC.

Saul Good 07-22-2013 09:35 PM

So the rumor is that there is a clause in the new ACC Network contract stating that all of the schools (or a minimum number of schools) in the conference will have to offer full expense scholarships. Currently, Duke, Wake Forest, and a few others only offer partial scholarships and are willing to drop their football programs altogether instead of offering full expense scholarships. This would void the contract with the network which would allow schools to void the GOR.

Prison Bitch 07-23-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9828312)
He has nothing, and is pathetic spreader of false truths.

Google is awesome: Add this guy to the list of folks who saw what happened:

http://tigerboard.com/boards/missour...ssage=10393583

Bambi 07-23-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9828383)
So the rumor is that there is a clause in the new ACC Network contract stating that all of the schools (or a minimum number of schools) in the conference will have to offer full expense scholarships. Currently, Duke, Wake Forest, and a few others only offer partial scholarships and are willing to drop their football programs altogether instead of offering full expense scholarships. This would void the contract with the network which would allow schools to void the GOR.

What is the advantage of this for a university? Simply spending less money on athletic scholarships?

I would think Duke and Wake have more money than they could ever spend. Seems strange they would be so concerned over this.

Saul Good 07-23-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9828844)
What is the advantage of this for a university? Simply spending less money on athletic scholarships?

I would think Duke and Wake have more money than they could ever spend. Seems strange they would be so concerned over this.

Another $30k times 100 or so scholarships a year adds up.

Prison Bitch 07-23-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9828134)

Sure you care, else you wouldn't have kept angrily denying it happened. But now there's more evidence it did. At some point you have to admit you were wrong dude and admit defeat so we can all move on

Saul Good 07-23-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9828762)
Google is awesome: Add this guy to the list of folks who saw what happened:

http://tigerboard.com/boards/missour...ssage=10393583

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9829046)
Sure you care, else you wouldn't have kept angrily denying it happened. But now there's more evidence it did. At some point you have to admit you were wrong dude and admit defeat so we can all move on

You should consider reading your own link...

mnchiefsguy 07-23-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9829363)
You should consider reading your own link...

Yeah, a single message board post is rock solid evidence. :rolleyes: