ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340166)

lawrenceRaider 10-12-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15890707)
Carl Nassib was trending last night on Twitter. And it damn sure had nothing to do with anything he's ever done on a football field.

I wouldn't say Smith's the only one getting his pound of flesh right now.

Nassim has been playing really ****ing well this year. If anyone thinks it wasn't an open secret about him being gay . .

Coochie liquor 10-12-2021 03:19 PM

Gruden fired for saying things the Super Bowl halftime artists have all made a living on. Hypocrisy at its finest. Lmmfaoooooooo.

loochy 10-12-2021 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15890559)
Bieniemy getting a lot of run for HC jobs, and now front runner per Vegas odds for the Raiders job.

Sorry, but dude shouldn't even have an NFL job.

https://www.sportscasting.com/chiefs...ainst-a-woman/

PLEASE take him

it gets us a draft pick

The Franchise 10-12-2021 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15890635)
Again - I think it's fair to note the difference in what you say and what you write.

Very few people speak how they write. Writing is just a more thought out process. You process as you go and have an opportunity to soften/amend before you submit.

I've said plenty of rough shit in the company of friends - yeah, it happens. But man - I've just never emailed it. At worst I've done it behind the anonymity of a screen name and maybe 3-4 people on this board who have any knowledge of who I am. This is where I'd empty all chambers if I were ever inclined to do so and I've never come that over the top.

And even here, apart from the day I got pissed off at some petty shit the mods were doing with Pestilence and tried to get myself banned, I've never written anything approaching what Gruden said. And it sure as hell sounds like Gruden said it in anger/frustration. Despite being behind a keyboard with plenty of time to cool off and process - so it wasn't off the handle or emotion. At that point its a sincerely held belief.

Writing is a different medium. And yeah, I think it's a different standard.

And frankly, again, not many of us are tasked with being the public face of a billion dollar public entity. He absolutely has to know better, even behind closed doors. To hell with the bad luck of getting caught, what if he has to cut/fire someone who's heard him speak like that? And they go to the next team and start airing out dirty laundry.

He just can't do that. It was stupid. Do I think it makes him a mouth-breathing cretin? Nah - I already thought he was a mouth-breathing cretin. This doesn't do much to alter my image of Jon Gruden. But it will have impacted his ability to lead the team and represent the franchise in public settings. So ultimately it should've cost him his job.

I remember that and I still appreciate that shit.

BryanBusby 10-12-2021 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 15890864)
Gruden fired for saying things the Super Bowl halftime artists have all made a living on. Hypocrisy at its finest. Lmmfaoooooooo.

You know, I looked up some Dr Dre lyrics and I seemed to miss the line that says

"Tell that ****a Roger Goodell he's a pussy ass bundle of sticks. Peace."

siberian khatru 10-12-2021 03:53 PM

Bucs just announced they’re removing Gruden from their ring of honor

FloridaMan88 10-12-2021 03:56 PM

The NFL's response as to why only Gruden's e-mails were released out of the 650,000 e-mails obtained during the Redskins workplace misconduct investigation is... unclear:

Link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...er/6102331001/

Quote:

NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy confirmed that Gruden's emails were part of a batch of more than 650,000 messages that Wilkinson's team provided to the NFL – correspondence that "raised issues beyond the scope" of alleged workplace misconduct in Washington.

League executives reviewed the messages and summarized their contents for Commissioner Roger Goodell last week, McCarthy said.

Gruden's emails sparked disgust around the league, as well as questions about the league's handling of the WFT probe and its quiet resolution.

What do the other 649,000-plus emails contain? Why were they flagged by investigators? Will the league release them or other materials obtained as part of the WFT investigation?

McCarthy told USA TODAY Sports that NFL officials had no plans to release the emails because confidentiality was an element of the WFT investigation. (It did, however, release the emails sent by Gruden to the Raiders.)

jd1020 10-12-2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15890921)
The NFL's response as to why only Gruden's e-mails were released out of the 650,000 e-mails obtained during the Redskins workplace misconduct investigation is... unclear:

Link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...er/6102331001/

Gruden poked the bear (Goodell). Can't insult that man and get away with it.

DJ's left nut 10-12-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 15890917)

I mean, he told the owner (via Allen) to suck his dick.

So…yeah. That’ll happen.

Hammock Parties 10-12-2021 04:02 PM

LMAO

hope they come for his Super Bowl ring or something and he tells them to pound sand

jd1020 10-12-2021 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15890931)
LMAO

hope they come for his Super Bowl ring or something and he tells them to pound sand

I'm sure he can think up something better to tell them.

KCUnited 10-12-2021 04:04 PM

I can see Gruden stress crushing Hooters wings and packing on a 100lbs over all this

Rain Man 10-12-2021 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 15890917)

At first I thought you were joking, and then I remembered that it's 2021.

lawrenceRaider 10-12-2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15890924)
Gruden poked the bear (Goodell). Can't insult that man and get away with it.

The NFL has been all about inconsistencies and hypocrisy for a very long time.

They don't even care that this latest episode lays even more bare just how bad it really is.

Sunday millions will still tune in and watch the sports entertainment.

jd1020 10-12-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15890942)
The NFL has been all about inconsistencies and hypocrisy for a very long time.

They don't even care that this latest episode lays even more bare just how bad it really is.

Sunday millions will still tune in and watch the sports entertainment.

Nothing some rainbow colored gloves and shoes cant fix.

Is that female ref a head ref? She might get a promotion soon.