ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340166)

jd1020 10-12-2021 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15891034)
Either there was an unwanted leak or the NFL is really this stupid and used this to shame gruden for his comments. If it's the latter, holy shit are they stupid for drawing attention to emails being available to the public.

Where exactly do you see them available to the public?

jdubya 10-12-2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 15890917)
Bucs just announced they’re removing Gruden from their ring of honor

Proud of their convictions on the issue. Don’t stop there Bucs, go ahead and hand that Lombardi trophy back to the NFL if you feel that strong and butthurt over Gruden.

Now that Gruden is out, he should get a publisher and write a “Tell All” book about the behind the scenes of the NFL. Maybe call it,”Glass Houses” or something ;)

Eureka 10-12-2021 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15891042)
Where exactly do you see them available to the public?

From what I read those emails were to remain confidential per the WFT investigation. Except for just certain emails that included Gruden.

Rain Man 10-12-2021 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubya (Post 15891059)
Proud of their convictions on the issue. Don’t stop there Bucs, go ahead and hand that Lombardi trophy back to the NFL if you feel that strong and butthurt over Gruden.

This is an excellent point. They need to live their convictions.

lawrenceRaider 10-12-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Now that Gruden is out, he should get a publisher and write a “Tell All” book about the behind the scenes of the NFL. Maybe call it,”Glass Houses” or something ;)

Heh, this would be awesome.

chiefzilla1501 10-12-2021 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 15891064)
From what I read those emails were to remain confidential per the WFT investigation. Except for just certain emails that included Gruden.

Yup. Which makes it all the more bizarre that these emails were released considering how loaded all the other ones probably are. Not a single one about Snyder released. It's possible these guys are so detached from reality that they cut off their own nose to spite their face.

Rainbarrel 10-12-2021 05:57 PM

The Raiders HC will need to be Black Lesbian with at least mastectomy.

SuperBowl4 10-12-2021 06:05 PM

Snoop dog called Bill Gates the “N” word when his Xbox went down and now snoops performing at the next halftime Super Bowl show. So I guess the NFL is cool with it. ->

jettio 10-12-2021 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15891034)
Either there was an unwanted leak or the NFL is really this stupid and used this to shame Gruden for his comments. If it's the latter, holy shit are they stupid for drawing attention to emails being available to the public.

Reminds me of the Astros players. The players avoid punishment because they agree to be cooperative in the investigation. Alex Cora and AJ Hinch get suspended and have to miss a year managing. Hinch has to find a new team and Carlos Beltran, who was an Astros player is fired as Mets manager and never gets a shot.

That is questionable to publicly punish a fool like Jon Gruden who showed up in Redskins email while all Redskins wrongdoers are sanctioned quietly. I suppose some of those folks may be exposed if they try to get another job.

Seems like the NFL office authorized the sourcing to WSJ and NY Times.

Gruden is like Beltran. There is an explanation for why he gets screwed worst of all, but definitely questionable.

Be interesting to see if more fools who were not Redskins staff get burned.

TwistedChief 10-12-2021 06:06 PM

Quote:

Pretty sure if it came out that one of my employees was telling me to blow him in emails with other people, I wouldn't have his name hanging in my office anymore as a reflection of his status as a commendable employee.

Convictions? No. Sense of decency and equity? Yes.

jd1020 10-12-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 15891130)
Snoop dog called Bill Gates the “N” word when his Xbox went down and now snoops performing at the next halftime Super Bowl show. So I guess the NFL is cool with it. ->

Eminem wrote lyrics against gay people.

TLO 10-12-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 15891130)

Nerd?

TLO 10-12-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15891138)
Eminem wrote lyrics against gay people.

And killing his mom.

jd1020 10-12-2021 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15891141)
And killing his mom.

I'm sure they've all written some shit about killing people. That's a ****ing staple of the era they came from.

chiefzilla1501 10-12-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 15891133)
Reminds me of the Astros players. The players avoid punishment because they agree to be cooperative in the investigation. Alex Cora and AJ Hinch get suspended and have to miss a year managing. Hinch has to find a new team and Carlos Beltran, who was an Astros player is fired as Mets manager and never gets a shot.

That is questionable to publicly punish a fool like Jon Gruden who showed up in Redskins email while all Redskins wrongdoers are sanctioned quietly. I suppose some of those folks may be exposed if they try to get another job.

Seems like the NFL office authorized the sourcing to WSJ and NY Times.

Gruden is like Beltran. There is an explanation for why he gets screwed worst of all, but definitely questionable.

Be interesting to see if more fools who were not Redskins staff get burned.

And then you go back to Houston. I remember thinking to myself.... Jack easterby and his patriot way goons are such pompous assholes, they couldn't possibly be this stupid to air out deshaun Watsons dirty laundry, right? Right? To this day im still not sure. But it just reeks of self sabotage. Just like this one does here. Somebody who was protecting Snyder thought that this was helping him stick a dagger in, but all that its done is draw attention to the worst part of the car crash.

And ugh, yes. Can't believe Houston and Joey Cora are in the alcs. ****ing atrocious.