ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News "Holy No Prenup, Batman!" Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos file for 137billion dollar divorce (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320223)

JakeF 01-09-2019 02:19 PM

"Holy No Prenup, Batman!" Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos file for 137billion dollar divorce

Biggest divorce settlement in history if there isn't a prenup, there doesn't appear to be. :eek:

THE NEW YORK POST

Jeff Bezos and wife MacKenzie announce divorce — unclear if the couple has a prenuptial agreement

By 0 and Lia Eustachewich
Published: Jan 9, 2019 11:49 a.m. ET
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/je...ent-2019-01-09
The Amazon founder and his wife are divorcing after 25 years of marriage.

Amazon AMZN, +0.47% CEO Jeff Bezos and his wife, MacKenzie, are divorcing after 25 years of marriage, the couple announced Wednesday.

“We want to make people aware of a development in our lives,” tweeted Bezos, the world’s richest person. “As our family and close friends know, after a long period of loving exploration and trial separate, we have decided to divorce and continue our shared lives as friends.”

He continued: “We feel incredibly lucky to have found each other and deeply grateful for every one of the years we have been married to each other. If we had known we would separate after 25 years, we would do it all again.”

The 54-year-old sits at the top of Forbes world’s billionaires ranking, with a real-time worth of $137.4 billion.

It’s unclear if the couple has a prenuptial agreement.

They reside in Washington state, which is a “community property state” — meaning divorcing couples without a prenup split assets 50-50, TMZ reported.

The Bezos own five homes in Medina, Washington, Beverly Hills, Van Horn, Texas, DC and Manhattan — making Jeff the 25th biggest landowner in the nation, Business Insider said.

The couple met in New York at hedge fund D.E. Shaw when Jeff, the company’s vice president, interviewed MacKenzie for a job, according to Business Insider.

MacKenzie, a Princeton graduate, landed the gig as a research associate and the two office neighbors fell in love — fast.

MacKenzie, who was 23 at the time and made the first move by asking Jeff out to lunch, was smitten.

“My office was next door to his, and all day long I listened to that fabulous laugh,” she recalled in a 2013 interview with Vogue. “How could you not fall in love with that laugh?”

Within three months, they were engaged and, three months later in 1993, they were hitched.

Jeff also gushed about his longtime love.

“I think my wife is resourceful, smart, brainy, and hot, but I had the good fortune of having seen her résumé before I met her, so I knew exactly what her SATs were,” he told Vogue.

In 1994, the newlyweds quit their Wall Street jobs and moved cross country to Seattle, where Jeff launched Amazon. He hired MacKenzie as an accountant — as one of the online bookstore’s first employees.

“To me, watching your spouse, somebody that you love, have an adventure — what is better than that?” MacKenzie told CBS.

The couple went on to have four children.

MacKenzie, 48, is an award-winning novelist who penned the “The Testing of Luther Albright” in 2005 and “Traps” eight years later.

At Princeton, where Jeff also attended, she studied under legendary author Toni Morrison, who told Vogue that she was “one of the best students” she ever had.

Last year, Jeff and MacKenzie launched the homeless charity Day One Fund together.

In his statement on Wednesday, he hinted that he and his soon-to-be ex-wife would continue working together.

“We’ve had such a great life together as a married couple, and we also see wonderful futures ahead, as parents, friends, partners in ventures and projects, and as individuals pursuing ventures and adventures,” Jeff wrote. “Though the labels might be different, we remain a family, and we remain cherished friends.”

Beef Supreme 01-09-2019 02:21 PM

I would **** him for a few years for that kind of scratch.

Amnorix 01-09-2019 02:28 PM

There's a point at which the money becomes irrelevant. If he goes from $137 billion to $70, is it really going to change a single thing about his life? Yeah, no.

More important is the voting control over Amazon. That's all that likely matters to him.

Discuss Thrower 01-09-2019 02:30 PM

Community Property state FTL

ROYC75 01-09-2019 02:34 PM

My new wife, I'm going to meet,greet and marry for love and money!

I love money! :D

Clyde Frog 01-09-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 14020789)
I would **** him for a few years for that kind of scratch.

Wouldn't it be a better idea to **** MacKenzie for a few years instead?

ROYC75 01-09-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 14020826)
Wouldn't it be a better idea to **** MacKenzie for a few years instead?

Hey now, leave my future wife alone, I've already laid 1st claims to her on here!

Buehler445 01-09-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14020806)
There's a point at which the money becomes irrelevant. If he goes from $137 billion to $70, is it really going to change a single thing about his life? Yeah, no.

More important is the voting control over Amazon. That's all that likely matters to him.

Says the guy that's never had to cut a $68 Billion check. :D

Clyde Frog 01-09-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 14020849)
Hey now, leave my future wife alone, I've already laid 1st claims to her on here!

Good Luck. Do you look like Mini-Me? She might have a type...

JakeF 01-09-2019 02:44 PM

Unless she had direct input in the Amazon business there is no way she should get 70 billion dollars. Complete bullshit.

TambaBerry 01-09-2019 02:47 PM

throw her like 2 or 3 billion dollars and call it good. I mean what kind of utter bullshit is it that a woman can marry a man and take half of everytihng they have

Frazod 01-09-2019 02:50 PM

I'd think for that kind of money I'd find somebody to make her quietly die of natural causes.

Darn, and I loved her so.

suzzer99 01-09-2019 02:53 PM

I look forward to hearing her name on all the Forbes most wealthy lists, along with the Walton kids.

JakeF 01-09-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14020876)
throw her like 2 or 3 billion dollars and call it good. I mean what kind of utter bullshit is it that a woman can marry a man and take half of everytihng they have

This isn't the 1950's when women didn't work and were at the financial mercy of the man in her life. I'm fully on board with the man taking care of the kids and a wife that didn't work so she could take care of the household. That doesn't equal 70 billion dollars. Unless she has direct input on the concept or the development of Amazon then give her 1 billion and send her on her way.

A billion dollars is enough for any person to live like a King/Queen for the rest of their life.

Tribal Warfare 01-09-2019 03:01 PM

https://amp.businessinsider.com/imag...04-750-563.jpg

Her fulfillment has been met