ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Losing my Mind at Work (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320243)

KurtCauley 01-10-2019 09:36 AM

Losing my Mind at Work

Guys, I can't even sit still. I'm so dang anxious for Saturday to come. I feel worthless at work. I'm just spending all my time reading about Saturday's game.

How about everyone else? What's everyone doing to make the time pass?

MahiMike 01-10-2019 09:39 AM

I plan on working during the game to keep my mind off of it.

KurtCauley 01-10-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 14022309)
I plan on working during the game to keep my mind off of it.

There's no way I could do that. As stressful as this game will be, I've got to watch it.

In58men 01-10-2019 09:51 AM

We’re in the same boat. This week has been so slow it’s even worse. I was hoping to stay busy, but nope. Everything is running so damn smooth.

El Jefe 01-10-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCauley (Post 14022337)
There's no way I could do that. As stressful as this game will be, I've got to watch it.

I actually find myself the same as MahiMike. It seems irrational, but the games affect me so much that many times I wont watch them till after I know the outcome. It can upset me so much, that I have trouble sleeping and am angry about it for quite a while. Its irrational, and I know that it is, but I cannot simply "just watch" a game, I get invested immediately. This year, the Patriots, Rams and Chargers games tore my heart out.

KurtCauley 01-10-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 14022347)
I actually find myself the same as MahiMike. It seems irrational, but the games affect me so much that many times I wont watch them till after I know the outcome. It can upset me so much, that I have trouble sleeping and am angry about it for quite a while. Its irrational, and I know that it is, but I cannot simply "just watch" a game, I get invested immediately. This year, the Patriots, Rams and Chargers games tore my heart out.

I hear ya. When games are close at the end, I'll get up and clean the house and do dishes or something like that while I watch the game. Sounds girly or ridiculous, I know.

If I didn't watch the game I'd be checking my ESPN APP the whole time. Power to ya brother for waiting it out.

Pablo 01-10-2019 09:57 AM

I've had the stomach flu the last couple of days. I promise you won't care too much about football when you're praying to the porcelain god.

KCChiefsFan88 01-10-2019 09:58 AM

Almost Saturday

El Jefe 01-10-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCauley (Post 14022354)
I hear ya. When games are close at the end, I'll get up and clean the house and do dishes or something like that while I watch the game. Sounds girly or ridiculous, I know.

If I didn't watch the game I'd be checking my ESPN APP the whole time. Power to ya brother for waiting it out

LOL, I do the same thing.

warrior 01-10-2019 10:00 AM

longest work week ever ------------

jjchieffan 01-10-2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 14022347)

I can't do it. I have to see it live. I remember missing the Chiefs at Raiders Thursday night game last year. I had it DVR'ed with every intention of watching it later. But, I heard about the bullshit ending where the Faiders got to keep trying until they finally got away with a push off to win it. I said screw it. I don't even want to see that crap. I finally deleted it off of my DVR. If the Chiefs were to win, I would rewarch it. But if they get screwed and lose, I'll never see it.

carcosa 01-10-2019 10:01 AM

I AM ALSO LOSING MY MIND

TIME IS SLOWING D O W N

Luke Atamadong 01-10-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCauley (Post 14022354)

If I didn't watch the game I'd be checking my ESPN APP the whole time. Power to ya brother for waiting it out.

This.
I RARELY sit during a Chiefs game. I tend to stand up and pace around the kitchen the majority of the game.

Jerm 01-10-2019 10:04 AM

Yeah this has been the slowest work week ever...just keeping telling myself tomorrow is Friday. Almost there.

mr. tegu 01-10-2019 10:05 AM

Thursday is basically over and Saturday doesn’t count so it’s really just one more day.