ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV *Fringe* the series Official thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191156)

Deberg_1990 09-09-2008 06:12 PM

*Fringe* the series Official thread

New JJ (Lost) Abrams series. Starts tonight on FOX.

Ive got the TIVO set!

http://www.fox.com/fringe/

Buck 09-09-2008 06:19 PM

Tivo set as well, it better not suck.

ragedogg69 09-09-2008 07:36 PM

i downloaded the leak last month. i found it, dare i say, boring.

maybe episode 2 will be better

KcMizzou 09-09-2008 07:38 PM

Just finished watching it. I liked it. There's a little more humor than I expected, and it's got that Abrams slick/polished look.

Obviously influenced by the X Files.

Deberg_1990 09-09-2008 08:28 PM

Very cool show. Lots of potential. Your right, definately X-File inspired.

Wasnt sure about "Pacey" being in cool sci-fi stuff, but hes ok.

I wonder whatever happened to James Van Der Geek? LOL

irishjayhawk 09-09-2008 09:32 PM

I was hooked when I saw Giacchino as the composer.

I was happy I was able to call the agent working with that informant.

irishjayhawk 09-09-2008 09:38 PM

Also, I loved the limited commercial interruption, which is a draw for the show since it's one of two test shows they're doing it with.

keg in kc 09-09-2008 10:35 PM

I thought the first 15 minutes was absolutely awesome. But then the second quarter hour just dragged for me. After that, I thought it was pretty solid. Definitely a show with some promise.

Isn't Dollhouse the other test show?

Buck 09-09-2008 10:44 PM

Oh Hell YES!

That was the shit.

I was a kid when the X-Files was on so I cant quite remember, but I think that the X-Files were like CSI, in that each episode was its own story for the most part, while it sort of followed a general story line.

The previews for the upcoming shows make it look like its more like Lost/Heroes where the whole show follows a basic storyline, where you had to watch last weeks episode to get this weeks.

I really liked it, and I think that the actors did a pretty good job, it didn't feel like any kind of fake acting.

I will definitely be watching this show this season.

KevB 09-09-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5001153)
Oh Hell YES!

That was the shit.

I was a kid when the X-Files was on so I cant quite remember, but I think that the X-Files were like CSI, in that each episode was its own story for the most part, while it sort of followed a general story line.

The previews for the upcoming shows make it look like its more like Lost/Heroes where the whole show follows a basic storyline, where you had to watch last weeks episode to get this weeks.

I really liked it, and I think that the actors did a pretty good job, it didn't feel like any kind of fake acting.

I will definitely be watching this show this season.

I'm in. It didn't hook me like LOST did from the first episode, but Fringe was good enough to get the record series treatment on my DVR.

irishjayhawk 09-10-2008 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5001125)
I thought the first 15 minutes was absolutely awesome. But then the second quarter hour just dragged for me. After that, I thought it was pretty solid. Definitely a show with some promise.

Isn't Dollhouse the other test show?

Yes, Dollhouse is the other one.

Baby Lee 09-11-2008 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5000917)
I was hooked when I saw Giacchino as the composer.

I was happy I was able to call the agent working with that informant.

Yeah, that violin upsweep takes me out of Fringe and has me thinking, 'when's Lost coming back again?'

Molitoth 09-11-2008 08:41 AM

I streamed it from fox.com, great show so far... I will be watching.

irishjayhawk 09-11-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5004500)
Yeah, that violin upsweep takes me out of Fringe and has me thinking, 'when's Lost coming back again?'

I know, right? Sucks I have to go a whole season without it. Oh well, maybe I can catch up on it.

DaneMcCloud 09-11-2008 11:06 AM

Wow. I'm surprised at some of the comments.

I thought the score was awful. Totally derivative. It sounded like a "Pilot", not a series.

The story was "okay" but nothing special. What's JJ's fascination with planes?

This would have been a C Minus if it had been an X-Files episode. I'll watch again, but if episodes two and three aren't better than the pilot, they'll definitely lose me as a viewer.