ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Modern Warfare 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204824)

007 11-08-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6245625)
I've been watching videos and it seems the killstreak rewards completely dominate the multiplayer. Especially Chopper Gunner...

I wasn't a huge fan of the killstreak rewards in the first game, this looks completely over the top.

Par for the course on most games these days. Making achievements completely impossible for the average gamer.

Abba-Dabba 11-09-2009 02:43 AM

MW2 is strictly a console game. IW is making a big mistake concerning PC gamers with MW2. The no dedicated servers and no anti-cheat is not sitting well at all.

The petitions put together by PC gamers have been exploding with signatures. A couple hundred thousand have signed so far. That is tens millions of dollars of revenue just lost for IW. Matter of a fact, the whole console crossover idea that has been dominant in developing games has begun to backfire.

DICE jumped on it though saying the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will have dedicated servers and anti-cheats in place. They have acknowledged that the PC gamer has been ignored and are gearing their work towards that. And I can't wait. BBC2 looks ****ing EPIC...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tM1pLpaKjdQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tM1pLpaKjdQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

MVChiefFan 11-09-2009 10:58 AM

My dear lord! Can this game just come out already. My coworker and I can't even concentrate on work because we're goin' nuts. He's going to pick it up at midnight and I can't decide if I want to do that or not. Not because I can't stay up until midnight but I'm scared of what I'll do after I have it. I wouldn't be worth a s*** at work tomorrow.

Mr. Plow 11-09-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 6247433)
My dear lord! Can this game just come out already. My coworker and I can't even concentrate on work because we're goin' nuts. He's going to pick it up at midnight and I can't decide if I want to do that or not. Not because I can't stay up until midnight but I'm scared of what I'll do after I have it. I wouldn't be worth a s*** at work tomorrow.

**Ring, Ring, Ring**

**cough, cough, vomit, cough, cough**

You: Sorry boss, I'm not gonna make it in today. Been throwing up and running a fever.

Boss: Are you sure you can't make it in? I mean we are really short today and we could use the help?

You: I can try, but my doctor said I may have swine flu. If you'd like me to come in, I'll try my hardest not to spread it to the entire office.

MVChiefFan 11-09-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6247455)
**Ring, Ring, Ring**

**cough, cough, vomit, cough, cough**

You: Sorry boss, I'm not gonna make it in today. Been throwing up and running a fever.

Boss: Are you sure you can't make it in? I mean we are really short today and we could use the help?

You: I can try, but my doctor said I may have swine flu. If you'd like me to come in, I'll try my hardest not to spread it to the entire office.

ROFL Don't think this hasn't already been discussed. My buddy and I work for a small but very successful food brokerage and there is literally just me, my coworker and my boss in the office. If we both call in sick the place shuts down and if just one of us calls in the other will be pissed like no other! LOL I might jump the gun and see if I can go ahead and get sick first...yep I'm starting to feel it.

johnnykev 11-09-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 6247484)
ROFL Don't think this hasn't already been discussed. My buddy and I work for a small but very successful food brokerage and there is literally just me, my coworker and my boss in the office. If we both call in sick the place shuts down and if just one of us calls in the other will be pissed like no other! LOL I might jump the gun and see if I can go ahead and get sick first...yep I'm starting to feel it.

Not if I gave you the damn swine flu in the first place buddy! Uh, there goes some vomit right now.

MVChiefFan 11-09-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnykev (Post 6247494)
Not if I gave you the damn swine flu in the first place buddy! Uh, there goes some vomit right now.

Alright buddy! I see you've reared your COD:MW2 cravin' head! Uh oh, now it's a battle to see who's goin' first...I have already sent an email to the boss!

johnnykev 11-09-2009 11:13 AM

Well, I just told him, so...

MVChiefFan 11-09-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnykev (Post 6247512)
Well, I just told him, so...

Damn you! DAMN YOOOOOUUUUU!!!!!!!! That's a team kill right out the gate for you son!

johnnykev 11-09-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 6247520)
Damn you! DAMN YOOOOOUUUUU!!!!!!!! That's a team kill right out the gate for you son!

What's funny is I watched you type that in and it still made me laugh. Here's to us shutting down the company for a game!!!!!!!!

MVChiefFan 11-09-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnykev (Post 6247530)
What's funny is I watched you type that in and it still made me laugh. Here's to us shutting down the company for a game!!!!!!!!

:toast:

salame 11-09-2009 11:21 AM

see you fellas at midnight!

Time's Yours 11-09-2009 11:26 AM

Will this game be any different on PS3 vs. XBox? I've had a PS3 for a long time, but I picked up an Xbox a couple days ago during that Wal-Mart deal so I could play online with xbox friends, too.

There's no way I'm buying two copies of a $60 game, though. Will the games be identical for both consoles, including online play? I've got more friends with xbox than ps3, so that might be the deciding factor if they're identical.

Kraus 11-09-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillip (Post 6247590)
Will this game be any different on PS3 vs. XBox? I've had a PS3 for a long time, but I picked up an Xbox a couple days ago during that Wal-Mart deal so I could play online with xbox friends, too.

There's no way I'm buying two copies of a $60 game, though. Will the games be identical for both consoles, including online play? I've got more friends with xbox than ps3, so that might be the deciding factor if they're identical.

There isn't any difference that I know of. Graphics might be a little better on one over the other, but there probably isn't much noticeable difference.

Mr. Plow 11-09-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 6247484)

Sounds like you and your buddy have ALL the power in the business. :D

Show the boss who is REALLY in charge.