ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Living in Phoenix Arizona (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283646)

eDave 05-12-2014 07:45 PM

I'm here. What is your housing budget?

In58men 05-12-2014 07:48 PM

I thought Arizona is like the desert state? Quč no?

eDave 05-12-2014 07:49 PM

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/85251

BWillie 05-12-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10626409)
That question needs in depth personal accounts of the kind of lifestyle youre looking for. Also whether or not scorpions freak you out.

So how poisonous, if at all are scorpions? Are they more dangerous than Black Widows and Brown Recluse spiders?

BWillie 05-12-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10626423)
Damn, they were already in the mid-90s a month ago... the older I get though, the more I really, really hate Spring in KC. I don't mind the extremes nearly as much as the fickle teasing bitch of Spring. Mid-40 lows this week, yay! :banghead:

Perfect weather IMO.

eDave 05-12-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10626468)
So how poisonous, if at all are scorpions? Are they more dangerous than Black Widows and Brown Recluse spiders?

Like a severe bee bite. They are not aggressive. Check your shoes before putting them on if you have a scorpion infestation. Or camping.

fan4ever 05-12-2014 07:53 PM

I live here in Scottsdale and you're picking a good time to come; buyers market at present. Zillow.com is a good way to browse; their prices aren't always all that accurate but should give you a general idea. Once you're honing in on something, let me know and I can tell you what I know about the area. I've lived here in the Phoenix area since I was 8....46 years.

NewChief 05-12-2014 07:54 PM

Move in next to vailpass and start attending his pool parties. I give your marriage 3 months.

lewdog 05-12-2014 07:55 PM

I live here too and have for 2 years. Proximity to your job is usually a deciding factor for east/west valley since the Phoenix area is ****ing huge.

fan4ever 05-12-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 10626472)
Like a severe bee bite. They are not aggressive. Check your shoes before putting them on if you have a scorpion infestation. Or camping.

Scorpions are a problem if you buy in an area that has issues; have a cousin that bought in a development in Gilbert who built over scorpion nests...they're always a concern for them...never go away. Me? I've never seen a scorpion except in the wilderness...or his house.

BWillie 05-12-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 10626481)
Scorpions are a problem if you buy in an area that has issues; have a cousin that bought in a development in Gilbert who built over scorpion nests...they're always a concern for them...never go away. Me? I've never seen a scorpion except in the wilderness...or his house.

Makes sense. In my limited reading, it appears they may be even more prevalent in newer housing developments rather than mature housing developments. Because when they build, the scorpions are already hanging out in that previously undisturbed desert land. And they hide in ****ing shoes. God damn it, I wish I wouldn't have read this shit. I'm already freaked out about spiders, and I'm going to be in Vegas a long time next month.

SDChiefs 05-12-2014 08:05 PM

Guadeloupe, mesa area.

Strongside 05-12-2014 08:06 PM

Lived there for 3 years. Chandler and Gilbert are very nice, as well as parts of Mesa, if you're looking East Valley. I never really went out West other than to go to Coyotes games, so I'm not much help there. The whole area is growing South at a rapid pace, so if you get in around SanTan Village and buy now you could theoretically make a pile of cash in equity over the next 10 years or so. Paradise Valley is very nice as well.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-12-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingleberry (Post 10626375)
Me and my wife are planning on moving to Phoenix sometime this year. I was wondering if you could tell me the best places to live there. We are just tired of the weather in Kansas City and want out. We can deal with the blistering heat.

Lol that's funny. My wife and I are planning on either moving back home to KC or to Phoenix. KC is in the lead right now though for many reasons of which are better schools in KC, no "beware of human smuggling" signs in KC like there are in Phoenix and there's actually grass in KC and not gross cactus dry crap everywhere. The only reason Phoenix is in the running is I could transfer jobs and it is enticing to wear shorts year-round. My wife just graduated nursing school and is gonna try to get on somewhere in KC before we make a move.

We've been to Phoenix many times as it is only 2 hours away. The people are rude, the city is ugly but we like hot weather. All my friends there are trying to get out of Phoenix especially the ones with kids because like I mentioned the schools are terrible there.

Deberg_1990 05-12-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10626474)
Move in next to vailpass and start attending his pool parties. I give your marriage 3 months.

He should be good as long as he's white.
Posted via Mobile Device