ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Terelle Pryor gets start vs. San Diego (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268127)

Marcellus 12-29-2012 11:33 AM

If I am Clark and those idiots **** up and win in Denver I would make RAC find his own way home from Denver.

That is about the only thing that could **** this season up.

Messier 12-29-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 9247939)
That sucks. That tells me they are looking for a QB. If we pass on Geno and draft Luke what's his name the OT so Clark can save money by not resigning albert he will probably fall in the laps of Oakland.

Palmer hasn't been bad. I don't think they'd go QB in the first, even with the 1st overall. They probably want to see if they need a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 12-30-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9247847)
It'll be funny when Oakland drafts Barkley.

I actually called this in another thread. I read somewhere that he's pretty devout in his religious beliefs and that's the type of player McKenzie is looking for. Less likely to embarrass the team off the field. Unless somehow KC and JAX both pass on Geno, in which case Geno may be picked up in the 1st to develop.

Honestly though, I doubt the Raiders take a QB in the 1st with so many other pressing needs on the roster. They'll either keep rolling with Palmer or pick up a stop-gap until 2014 while they continue burning away the chaff.

Ugly Duck 12-30-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9248288)
Palmer hasn't been bad. I don't think they'd go QB in the first, even with the 1st overall.

Palmer is one of the eight QBs that have thrown for over 4,000 yards this season. Of those eight, only Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have fewer interceptions. But Palmer is due to make $13 mil next season.... Raiders don't wanna pay him that. He could be a cap casualty....

Jiu Jitsu Jon 12-30-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9250741)
Palmer is one of the eight QBs that have thrown for over 4,000 yards this season. Of those eight, only Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have fewer interceptions. But Palmer is due to make $13 mil next season.... Raiders don't wanna pay him that. He could be a cap casualty....

Ah, but what's the cap hit for 2013 in that scenario?

Ugly Duck 12-30-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 9250746)
Ah, but what's the cap hit for 2013 in that scenario?

I dunno..... but there's also this from National Football Post:

"Word out of Oakland is Carson Palmer’s rib and lung injuries may be even worse than reported. In part because of the injury, some of the big dogs in Oakland are saying they don’t expect Palmer to return in 2013. That will put the Raiders squarely in the middle of what looks to be a very mediocre quarterback market."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...lson-more.html

Jiu Jitsu Jon 12-30-2012 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9250748)
I dunno..... but there's also this from National Football Post:

"Word out of Oakland is Carson Palmer’s rib and lung injuries may be even worse than reported. In part because of the injury, some of the big dogs in Oakland are saying they don’t expect Palmer to return in 2013. That will put the Raiders squarely in the middle of what looks to be a very mediocre quarterback market."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...lson-more.html

I'll believe that when I see it on raiders.com. Until then, it's just rumor.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-30-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9247980)
Things seem to be looking up in OAK.

Wha???? ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 12-30-2012 08:10 AM

Palmer trade was such fail. Admit it Reighters.

AussieChiefsFan 12-30-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9250865)
Palmer trade was such fail. Admit it Reighters.

I found it hilarious on the day it happened. I find it funny today. And will find it funny for years to come! ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 12-30-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9250867)
I found it hilarious on the day it happened. I find it funny today. And will find it funny for years to come! ROFL

Nah man, he threw for alot of yards and stuff

AussieChiefsFan 12-30-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9250871)
Nah man, he threw for alot of yards and stuff

LMAO

Ugly Duck 12-30-2012 07:22 PM

Pryor wasn't horrible in his first start. Didn't get all frantic & do crazy stuff like Tebow - very poised. Throws a weird kinda lob ball, but had a lotta dropped catchable passes, too. Might actually be worth keeping & training. He had three TDs today, Raiders had zero in the prior two games.

Rivers: 13 completions for 151 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, -3 yards rushing
Pryor: 13 completions for 150 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 49 yards rushing, 1 rushing TD

Jiu Jitsu Jon 12-30-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9255012)
Pryor wasn't horrible in his first start. Didn't get all frantic & do crazy stuff like Tebow - very poised. Throws a weird kinda lob ball, but had a lotta dropped catchable passes, too. Might actually be worth keeping & training. He had three TDs today, Raiders had zero in the prior two games.

Rivers: 13 completions for 151 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, -3 yards rushing
Pryor: 13 completions for 150 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 49 yards rushing, 1 rushing TD

Didn't see the game, but sounds like he played like an actual NFL QB?

AdumbGuy 12-30-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 9255642)
Didn't see the game, but sounds like he played like an actual NFL QB?

Once the broncos scored that first td, I knew the chiefs weren't overcoming that deficit so watched the oakland game instead.

Pryor is definitely a project, but one hell of an intriguing prospect. He's definitely poised with really impressive pocket presence. There were at least a couple of occasions where he should have been sacked, but he escaped and much more impressively, kept his head up and found the open man.

That said, though he seems more accurate than tebow and seemed to do a pretty good job reading the defense, his form is weird as hell and he's streaky accurate and then inaccurate. His footwork to my untrained eye, looks off and you never get the feeling he's gunning a throw in there.

Still, not bad for a young'un