ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Last Night’s Game: AFC Championship: NFL 37, Kansas City 31 in OT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320752)

FAX 01-21-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14060831)
I never saw body language that said shell shock. Saw a lot of sad faces on the field and in the stands at the end. Oh, and some of the Pats players were being dicks by taunting our fans. All I can say to that is payback is a bitch. We got some on the Colts this year, we bitch slapped the Steelers in their home in the regular season, now these guys will be on our list. We'll owe them one if they ever make it back to an AFC Championship game after GOAT and Hoodie retires. A lot of teams are going to work out a lot of frustration in NE.

Thanks, man.

As for payback ... although I understand your perspective, I'm hopeful we get another shot at the Cheaters BEFORE Tommy Two Yards and Billy Badass retire.

FAX

tk13 01-21-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14060949)
I just wish Veach had a greater sense of urgency. Dante Fowler caused the game-changing pick for the Rams. There were multiple good or elite DBs available in-season and he made a run at none of them. Having Reid or Earl Thomas back there changes that defense.

Mahomes, Hill, and Jones will never be cheaper. Windows slam shut quickly in the NFL, look at Atlanta, and Jax.

I think we have a better QB than those teams but there was a time where Luck made the AFC title game and it was going to be the first of many. The decade's over and he's still only been to 1.

I think we have a good shot to get back to this point but if we spend 4-5 years trying to fix the defense like we did under Vermeil it's possible that's about as far as we get.

gblowfish 01-21-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14060957)
Thanks, man.

As for payback ... although I understand your perspective, I'm hopeful we get another shot at the Cheaters BEFORE Tommy Two Yards and Billy Badass retire.

FAX

Their entire offense is death by paper cut. Four yard run, eight yard slant, convert third down. I think they were 13 of 19 on third down. We've haven't been able to stop a slant since Elway played. For some reason we can't defend it.

Best22 01-21-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14060957)
Thanks, man.

FAX

I’d be fine with them retiring after this Superbowl

KC is the best in the AFC, aside from the Patriots. Beating them changes nothing. We have nothing to prove to the Pats. I hope Gronk, Brady, and Bill retire after the Superbowl

kc rush 01-21-2019 02:21 PM

Thanks George. I hated reading this one. No fault of yours though.

swifty32661 01-21-2019 02:27 PM

:grouphug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 14061072)
Thanks George. I hated reading this one. No fault of yours though.

GloryDayz 01-21-2019 02:56 PM

I wish we had one more of these great write-ups to come for this year.

suzzer99 01-21-2019 03:08 PM

Thanks George - I'm in the process of trying to get over the game and be happy with the season. Your post helps.

Randallflagg 01-21-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 14060985)
I think we have a better QB than those teams but there was a time where Luck made the AFC title game and it was going to be the first of many. The decade's over and he's still only been to 1.

I think we have a good shot to get back to this point but if we spend 4-5 years trying to fix the defense like we did under Vermeil it's possible that's about as far as we get.

I learned this from 55 years of football playing and watching - "Never count your chickens BEFORE they come home to roost"

Mahomes is the real deal - but so was Marino, Luck, Rivers, on and on and on.

There is ALWAYS the possibility that Pat will never see another championship game. Hopefully - that won't be the case - but one player does not a "team" make.

The Chiefs defense is a train wreck, to say the very least. From the coordinator to the trainer - they are terrible and here is the part that disturbs me the most - fat Andy knows this, too.

I would LOVE to be Andy's friend and associate because (apparently) accountability seldom comes into play with him and his "associates". Bob Sutton needs to be packing his office up right now and a new coordinator should be searched for NOW.

I sincerely hope that it will happen - but sadly - I don't expect it too. I expect Buttons to be back next year and minor changes to be made on Defense. They will go into the season at the bottom of the list, yet again and it will fall on Pat Mahomes to continually "bail them out" by scoring touchdown after touchdown after touchdown. At some point - that luck runs out.

In other words - same old, same old. Welcome to 1979........."Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - Santayana

Great job George! Thanks for a season of great writing!

MahiMike 01-21-2019 03:38 PM

6. Kansas City seems to have cornered the market on bridesmaid coaches.

Hahaha

MMXcalibur 01-21-2019 03:45 PM

Thanks for another year of 10 things, George.

With the Chiefs/Chargers game getting moved out to Mexico, I won't be able to attend this year's Chiefs home game in LA. So, its been two days of groin kicks by the NFL. I might make the trip to Arrowhead with the wife this season if the shutdown ends before the summer months.

Oh well, here comes the offseason. Let's fix that awful defense.

OnTheWarpath15 01-21-2019 04:00 PM

For about 15 seconds, I thought we were going to get a Super Bowl Edition of Ten Things.

When I saw the flag at the sideline/LOS, my assumption was an illegal formation or shift by New England. I even mentioned it to Tiny Evel and the guys sitting behind us.

But Dee Ford is a ****ing dumbass, we lose the coin toss, and because, Chiefs.

I really thought I'd be OK with a loss considering I never thought in a million years there would be an AFCCG at Arrowhead this year back in September. But the fact that we were the most little league mental error imaginable away from going to the SB has changed that.

I'm ****ing crushed.

While the future appears bright because of 15, there are no guarantees. Look at Marino. Hell, even Aaron Rodgers has only won one. I'd love to think we'll be back, but there are a million reasons why we may not be.

All because Dee Ford is too ****ing stupid to line up onside. Would have been easier to take had he jumped, or made a physical error like roughing or hands to the face.

But he lined up wrong.

And the season is over because of it.

Sad.

kgrund 01-21-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InTheNeutralZone55 (Post 14061452)
For about 15 seconds, I thought we were going to get a Super Bowl Edition of Ten Things.

When I saw the flag at the sideline/LOS, my assumption was an illegal formation or shift by New England. I even mentioned it to Tiny Evel and the guys sitting behind us.

I really thought I'd be OK with a loss considering I never thought in a million years there would be an AFCCG at Arrowhead this year back in September. But the fact that we were the most little league mental error imaginable away from going to the SB has changed that.

I'm ****ing crushed.

While the future appears bright because of 15, there are no guarantees. Look at Marino. Hell, even Aaron Rodgers has only won one. I'd love to think we'll be back, but there are a million reasons why we may not be.

All because Dee Ford is too ****ing stupid to line up onside. Would have been easier to take had he jumped, or made a physical error like roughing or hands to the face.

But he lined up wrong.

Sad.

This is so so true. Lining up offsides, as opposed to jumping offsides, has to be one of the most benign calls in the game. Had ZERO impact on the play whatsoever, BUT it is still a penalty. A hugely stupid penalty, which makes it so much harder to swallow IMO.

Donger 01-21-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InTheNeutralZone55 (Post 14061452)

I'm ****ing crushed.

But he lined up wrong.

Sad.

"I got to see the ball, especially at the time of that game and, you know, what was at stake."

gblowfish 01-21-2019 04:08 PM

Well, I'm sure at some point he'll be a tortured man playing piano in some airport Holiday Inn Lounge drinking himself to death and living on tip money.