ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Ray Lewis retiring at the end of the season (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268361)

Dayze 01-02-2013 11:48 AM

on the front page holmes.

lcarus 01-02-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9268103)
That game was great. We were 0-3 at that point in the season. Our offense just dominated their front 7 that game. They had Lewis mic'd up and he was constantly bitching about being dominated.

I remember one of the TD's we ran a play action and threw it to Jason Dunn (who caught all of like 10 passes the whole season). Lewis' response was something along the lines of, "Just takin' whatever they can get!"

That always made me laugh. As if somehow the TD wasn't worth as much because Dunn caught the pass.

Yeah lol. Great times. I remember that game well for some reason. Dante Hall winning it on his return. I recall feeling really high after that win. Even though, like you said, we were only 1-3

lcarus 01-02-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9268113)
Hire this guy as DC.

I'm with you lol. Nice sig btw. Can you send me a red cap and a speedo?

Deberg_1990 01-02-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9268103)
That game was great. We were 0-3 at that point in the season. Our offense just dominated their front 7 that game. They had Lewis mic'd up and he was constantly bitching about being dominated.

I remember one of the TD's we ran a play action and threw it to Jason Dunn (who caught all of like 10 passes the whole season). Lewis' response was something along the lines of, "Just takin' whatever they can get!"

That always made me laugh. As if somehow the TD wasn't worth as much because Dunn caught the pass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9268119)
If i remember right, we were 0-4 before that game? Overall, an extremely disappointing season.

Nope, you were right...we started 0-3, but were 1-4 at one point.

lcarus 01-02-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

If i remember right, we were 0-4 before that game? Overall, an extremely disappointing season.

Didn't we end up 10-6 and missing out on the playoffs because we needed Pitt to lose to Detroit? Or was that a different season?

Deberg_1990 01-02-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9268148)
Didn't we end up 10-6 and missing out on the playoffs because we needed Pitt to lose to Detroit? Or was that a different season?

The Ravens game mentioned was 2004. We finished 7-9. You are thinking of the next year 2005.

bobbything 01-02-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

We could have been, but I thought it was only 0-3; because I remember hearing some stat that said no team that started 0-4 had ever made the playoffs. Then we won that game and everyone thought we were golden.

That season was frustrating. Our defense was just as bad as it was the previous season. Our offense started off a little sputtery at the beginning too, which didn't help things. That Carolina game we could have easily won. We were on the one yard line going in to score, up 7, and, for whatever reason, we decided to pass. Green throws a pick-6 that was run back about 105 yards. Instead of being up by 14, the game was tied. It went to hell after that.

We followed up that Ravens performance with a bad loss at Jacksonville.

Green threw too many INTs early on. He snapped out of it but it was too little too late. We lost a lot of close games that year.

Iowanian 01-02-2013 11:55 AM

Count me on the list who doesn't think he's a top LB.

He's good yes, but he's been part of a good system and surrounded by great talent.

I've always thought he was an asshole and haven't forgotten his being part of a murder. He shouldn't even be in the league IMO.

Won't miss him and I don't really like Baltimore, so I guess it's a bonus.

Deberg_1990 01-02-2013 11:55 AM

Just looked it up.....you were right Bobby.

We were actually 3-8 at one point in 2004. Ouch.......

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/kan/2004.htm

listopencil 01-02-2013 11:58 AM

I'm sure it will be a very intense retirement.

Simplicity 01-02-2013 11:59 AM

bbQQQQQQQQQQ

Rain Man 01-02-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9268160)
We could have been, but I thought it was only 0-3; because I remember hearing some stat that said no team that started 0-4 had ever made the playoffs. Then we won that game and everyone thought we were golden.

That season was frustrating. Our defense was just as bad as it was the previous season. Our offense started off a little sputtery at the beginning too, which didn't help things. That Carolina game we could have easily won. We were on the one yard line going in to score, up 7, and, for whatever reason, we decided to pass. Green throws a pick-6 that was run back about 105 yards. Instead of being up by 14, the game was tied. It went to hell after that.

Green threw too many INTs early on. He snapped out of it but it was too little too late. We lost a lot of close games that year.

Wow. I don't even remember all of the games from this season. I'm feeling a little inadequate right now.

jd1020 01-02-2013 12:00 PM

I love the "sorry if repost."

I'm sorry for anyone that asks something of you, you lazy ****! It's only in the first few threads on the front ****ing page!

Fire Me Boy! 01-02-2013 12:01 PM

Completely new news!

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9268160)

I remember Tynes missing a couple kicks that actually cost us a game or two.

Opening up in Denver that year on MNF was a bad omen. Eric Hicks biting on that that bootleg and Bartee giving up the sluggo...

That Jacksonville game just kind of...slipped away. It was so imminently winnable...

The Atlanta and Indy game were the highlights. And when we beat the sleeves off Denver @ Arrowhead, but we had already lost 9 games by then...

And I thought that season was just SO horrible. HA!