ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Smashburger (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243925)

Miles 04-13-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7562669)
There's a Smashburger about six blocks from my office now, but I haven't been there yet. I should do that. However, there's some little independent place about 4 blocks in the other direction that has great burgers and fantastic fries. It's hard to move past them to try a new place, because they pretty much grade out at a 97 or 98.

This great local place have a name?

Sassy Squatch 04-13-2011 09:38 PM

Maybe its just a singular chain of Red Robin, but the ones up here are usually pretty empty and the burgers aren't that good. Service takes forever for anything. It sounds like an isolated problem.

L.A. Chieffan 04-13-2011 09:40 PM

at red robin i just order fries and water and get unlimited refills while i wwatch the day games on wgn. then i skip the check real quick when theyre not looking. the bar is right next to the exit. the service sucks

Sassy Squatch 04-13-2011 09:42 PM

BackYard Burgers was pretty good in Blue Springs, though

keg in kc 04-13-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7562998)
Jeez keg you have STD's too?

From my crotch straight to the bun. Little extra protein.

DeezNutz 04-13-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7562957)
I had Jersey Boyz years ago, but haven't lately.

Thanks for the advice, dude. But please don't continue to perpetuate the above mistake. Get yourself a #2, stick with mayo, and thank me later.

|Zach| 04-13-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7562852)
Hey now I like WFM burgers. Though I think the best ones I have had in KC is at Town Topic. I definitely recommend going there and trying it out.

They are not bad. I always have a good experience at WFM but before seem to go gah gah about it being the best burger in town. No way.

I am a fan of Town Topic. Double cheese with an egg on top.

keg in kc 04-13-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 7563077)
BackYard Burgers was pretty good in Blue Springs, though

I wasn't happy when the one here in OP closed. :(

Sassy Squatch 04-13-2011 09:44 PM

Loved that Burger with the shredded cheddar on it. #2 I Believe.

keg in kc 04-13-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7563081)
Thanks for the advice, dude. But please don't continue to perpetuate the above mistake. Get yourself a #2, stick with mayo, and thank me later.

I used to work over in Stanley, so I'd drive by there regularly. But my studio moved to Overland Park in, ah, 2007 I think. It's pretty far out of the way now, unfortunately.

There used to be a mexican place near there I liked too. Can't remember the name.

DeezNutz 04-13-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7563098)
I used to work over in Stanley, so I'd drive by there regularly. But my studio moved to Overland Park in, ah, 2007 I think. It's pretty far out of the way now, unfortunately.

There used to be a mexican place near there I liked too. Can't remember the name.

Jalapenos.

Ok. Maybe didn't age as well as one would like.

Rain Man 04-13-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 7563064)
This great local place have a name?

I'm not sure it does. It's in the food court of the biggest building downtown (Republic Plaza, down in the basement).

Actually, it does have a name, but it's something generic like Rocky Mountain Deli or something. They sell other sandwiches and salads that are good, but the burgers and fries are the thing to get.

Rain Man 04-13-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 7563066)
Maybe its just a singular chain of Red Robin, but the ones up here are usually pretty empty and the burgers aren't that good. Service takes forever for anything. It sounds like an isolated problem.

How odd. The ones here are quite popular and quite delicious.

keg in kc 04-13-2011 09:59 PM

I still think my favorite burger place is LC's up near KCI, but I haven't been there in a few years. So maybe it only has a legendary status in my brain.

Miles 04-13-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7563120)
I'm not sure it does. It's in the food court of the biggest building downtown (Republic Plaza, down in the basement).

Actually, it does have a name, but it's something generic like Rocky Mountain Deli or something. They sell other sandwiches and salads that are good, but the burgers and fries are the thing to get.

Thanks. I will have to hit that up sometime.

Recently discovered Park Burger (on Pearl just north of Evans near Sushi Den) and it is pretty excellent. It is one of those trendy gourmet burger places but the prices are not bad.