ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Are you a litterbug? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324529)

mr. tegu 08-19-2019 11:28 AM

Are you a litterbug?

I really hate it when I am fishing and I see people have left their trash or when I am driving and I see people going out of their way to litter by rolling down the car window and throwing trash outside. So I am curious if its mostly just a few terrible people or if it is a pretty common thing.

seclark 08-19-2019 11:30 AM

cig butts are the worse...**** those people.
sec

DaFace 08-19-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 14400734)
cig butts are the worse...**** those people.
sec

This is the one that gets me. I generally think people who litter are basically trash, but I know plenty of otherwise respectable people who throw out cigarette butts without thinking about it. Drives me nuts.

MTG#10 08-19-2019 11:33 AM

For some reason smokers think the world is their personal ashtray.

seclark 08-19-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14400738)
This is the one that gets me. I generally think people who litter are basically trash, but I know plenty of otherwise respectable people who throw out cigarette butts without thinking about it. Drives me nuts.

i like to think i'm pretty ****ing mild mannered, but when i see someone toss a lit butt out the window of their car i'd like to run them off the road.
sec

Flying High D 08-19-2019 11:39 AM

I never understood in the military why I was expected to police something up that somebody had in their mouth. I hate it when people come on my farm and throw there cigarettes and the wrappings from their cigarette packs on the ground. I have to pick that crap up. How about at a stoplight and the person next to you flips their cigarette on the ground. I was pumping gas on Galveston Island, this person drives in and flips his lit cigarette in my direction. People suck.

tyecopeland 08-19-2019 11:39 AM

When I smoked cigarettes that was the only thing I littered. And I didnt/dont feel bad about it. I'd rather ppl throw them out on the ground than throw a lit one into a trash bag.

DaFace 08-19-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 14400764)
When I smoked cigarettes that was the only thing I littered. And I didnt/dont feel bad about it. I'd rather ppl throw them out on the ground than throw a lit one into a trash bag.

Then maybe...you know...put it out first.

Why Not? 08-19-2019 11:41 AM

Not sure if I’ll ever understand anyone who liters at all but claims to have a shred of self respect or respect for others.

Why Not? 08-19-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Idiotic logic. Like a lit cig butt couldn’t start a fire just as easily on the side of the road.

FAX 08-19-2019 11:44 AM

No. Definitely not.

FAX

seclark 08-19-2019 11:48 AM

i grew up in state parks. whenever i got in trouble(more than a few times) my old man made me go out on the trash runs w/the hired help. also wash out the trash cans in the camp grounds and the picnic areas. i hated litterbugs

on the bright side, i had a helluva beer can collection.
sec

Flying High D 08-19-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Why didn’t you field strip them and carry the butts in your pocket?

TLO 08-19-2019 11:51 AM

No, but I have been known to Jitterbug

FAX 08-19-2019 11:54 AM

Usually, when I see someone throw trash from their car, I honk at their stupid ass and scream expletives at full blast. If they stop, I'll slap them in the mug with a half-full fast food bag of soggy fries.

I have a genetic defect or something. Or maybe I don't.

The world is beautiful and glorious. The trees, the sky, the grasslands, the mountains ... why would you want to fuck that up?

FAX