ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Nick Bolton Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338119)

Marcellus 09-12-2021 06:41 PM

Seems he made more plays than any KC LB in s game in a while.

Cornstock 09-12-2021 06:45 PM

Any update regarding Gay's return timeline?

neech 09-12-2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 15794422)
We could, but I don’t think it’s a smart move.

He’s worth more to us in the coming year than virtually anything we’d get in return.

Plus, trading off your locker room leader in these circumstances is a pretty bad idea.

I agree with choo, without Matthau we are screwed.

Mizzou_8541 09-12-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 15828810)
Bolton looked good in his first game, but I was disappointed on his effort on the Hunt 2-point conversion.

Bolton saw the hole, and instead of running and filling the hole, he ran up to it and waited for Hunt. He needs to attack the line when he makes that read.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Agree, but there likely was some tentativeness in his first NFL, first NFL drive. Judging by the way he hit in college, I wouldn’t expect to see that again.

Iconic 09-12-2021 06:50 PM

Gay and him will make for such a nice duo. First time I've ever been excited talking about Chiefs LBs since Derrick left.

Pitt Gorilla 09-12-2021 07:18 PM

Took on blocks and made plays.

BigChiefFan 09-12-2021 07:40 PM

He actually played a damn good game, especially as a rookie. This kid looks like he belongs in the NFL and definitely is a plus to our defense.

notorious 09-12-2021 07:41 PM

Dude looks like he belongs on the field.

He looked like a veteran and this was his first game.

Very nice.

Bl00dyBizkitz 09-12-2021 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15828815)
Seems he made more plays than any KC LB in s game in a while.

LOL that's pretty true

staylor26 09-12-2021 07:44 PM

Bolton and Gay should be a great young duo. Hopefully Gay can stay healthy when he comes back.

ThyKingdomCome15 09-12-2021 07:45 PM

Yes! I was just going to post about him. CP read my mind.

He made some nice plays the second half. Chubb had been running over guys. Bolton caught him the backfield once and just slung him into the ground. I was really impressed.

There was another play where him and I think Wharton met a RB in the backfield. Both went to Missouri schools. Mitch Holthus pointed that out.

Rausch 09-12-2021 07:47 PM

I saw 4 plays today that made me say "damn, I didn't expecct that."

Hitchens has probably had 4 of those in the last two years.

Play the young guy. Cut bad-bait and move on...

Pitt Gorilla 09-12-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15655086)
They never take the guys I want at lb.

Oh well, hopefully we get someone good with our 2nd 2nd.

Bolton IS good, you ****ing idiot.

KChiefs1 09-13-2021 01:43 PM

He is so ****ing great!!!!

MIZ!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ming the Merciless 09-13-2021 03:29 PM

This may be the absolute homer in me, but I am convinced this dude will be great.
I know stuff happens and injuries etc, but I haven't been this excited about a LB in a while.

KChiefs1 09-15-2021 07:10 PM

Chiefs rookie LB Nick Bolton brimming with confidence after playing well in NFL debut

https://theathletic.com/2829050/2021...-in-nfl-debut/

Quote:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. —

Every rookie in the NFL making their debut, especially when it comes on opening day, wants to make that one impressive play that demonstrates their talent. The sooner such play occurs, the better.

For Chiefs rookie linebacker Nick Bolton, that took all of eight plays. He described the atmosphere on the field at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday against the Cleveland Browns as fantastic, with a boisterous crowd of more than 72,000 fans surrounding him. And in the first quarter, Bolton gave Chiefs fans a reason to cheer louder. The play involved Bolton executing three tasks well. He got a good jump on tight end Harrison Bryant, who attempted to block him. He then set the edge as running back Nick Chubb began to bounce his rushing attempt to the field’s perimeter. And with quickness, Bolton shedded Bryant’s block and tackled Chubb for a one-yard loss.

“I’m just trying to prove to myself that I can play in this league,” Bolton said. “That boosted my confidence. After that, I was just playing fast and trusting myself.”

A pleasant positive for the Chiefs in their comeback victory over the Browns was Bolton’s performance. As a starter, Bolton improved his play as the game progressed and finished with seven tackles, which tied for the team lead with cornerback L’Jarius Sneed and free safety Juan Thornhill.

Listed at 6-foot and 232 pounds, Bolton displayed his blend of strength and speed while not missing tackling opportunities against Chubb, a two-time Pro Bowler.

Before Wednesday’s practice, Bolton said that after reviewing the film of Sunday’s game, he gave himself a B-minus grade. Defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo predicted last week that Bolton would commit the usual rookie mistakes in his first NFL game. But Bolton’s main mistake — overeagerness on Browns plays that involved misdirection or play-action — can be considered minor when compared to how the rest of the Chiefs’ defense played in the first half without star safety Tyrann Mathieu and star defensive end Frank Clark.

“I thought Nick did a pretty good job,” coach Andy Reid said Monday. “He had a couple of real secure tackles that were important for us. It looked like mentally he was able to digest everything that they threw at him. If he did make a mistake, he fixed it the second time around.”

The biggest challenge against the Browns, Bolton said, wasn’t physically executing his assignments or the tempo of the game. Instead, Bolton didn’t want to make a mental error before the Browns snapped the ball. The most important teammate for him was linebacker Anthony Hitchens, the eight-year veteran who was next to him for most of his 45 snaps (76 percent of the Chiefs’ defensive snaps).

“It’s just reassuring to know that what you’re thinking before the snap, he is giving that confirmation that that’s right,” Bolton said of Hitchens. “That’s the biggest thing he gave me during the game. Going into the week, he gives me tips and keys of how to study film. He’s been a blessing for me.”

In the NFL Draft, the Chiefs, with the first of two second-round picks, used the 58th pick to select Bolton, who was the 39th-ranked prospect in the class, according to Dane Brugler, The Athletic’s NFL Draft analyst. A two-year starter at Missouri, Bolton was a team captain who recorded 95 tackles, 7½ tackles for loss, two sacks and five pass breakups.

The Chiefs learned in the offseason and in training camp that Bolton is a fast learner. He had repetitions at each of the major linebacker positions, and he performed well in the preseason. Spagnuolo rarely doles out a lot of snaps to rookies on opening day, doing so only when the unit’s circumstances demand such. But Spagnuolo acknowledged last week that Bolton’s skills and development were noticeable enough for him to be a part of the Chiefs’ game plan.

“He’s definitely starting way faster than I did last year,” second-year linebacker Willie Gay said of Bolton last month after the Chiefs’ preseason finale. “He’s smart and, of course, he’s athletic. To be on a level mentally as he is, it’s fun to watch him.”

During the draft, Gay used his Twitter account to predict the Chiefs were going to select Bolton and to express his approval of the team’s decision. Before becoming teammates, Bolton and Gay began their friendship four years ago when they met at a recruiting camp at Mississippi State.

Bolton was one of the first Chiefs to learn that Gay, who sustained a toe injury in the preseason finale, was going to be placed on the injured reserve list, forcing him to miss at least the first three games of the regular season.

“He sent me an encouraging message,” Bolton said of Gay. “He told me to just trust myself. Doing it for Willie, I know he’s going to come back strong for us. While I’m filling in for him, I just want to execute. He’s definitely a big brother. I’m looking forward to playing with him. When he gets back with us, I’m excited for what we’ve got.”

Gay, along with Reid and Spagnuolo, was happy to see how well Bolton played in the fourth quarter, when the Chiefs denied the Browns from scoring on their final three drives.

Bolton played a supportive role when star defensive lineman Chris Jones used his speed from the edge to sack quarterback Baker Mayfield for a 6-yard loss. Mayfield wanted to throw the ball to receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones, who ran a slant route. But Bolton was in the proper spot in zone coverage, which forced Mayfield to hold on to the ball before being sacked. On the next snap, Bolton showed his speed and tenacity by tackling running back Kareem Hunt on the perimeter the moment after Mayfield’s pass was completed to surrender just a four-yard gain.

“We stayed ahead of the sticks,” Bolton said. “Plays started coming to me. I’m just looking forward to building on that.”

The next opponent for the Chiefs is the Baltimore Ravens, another AFC contender known for their rushing prowess. When watching the Ravens, Bolton knows he will have to be disciplined with his assignments against quarterback Lamar Jackson, who is capable of defeating opponents by passing the ball and running with it.

In Sunday’s game, the first teammate to praise Bolton — for his tackle for loss against Chubb and his reliable tackle of Hunt in coverage — was Hitchens. Even before the Chiefs’ opener, Hitchens predicted that he would commend Bolton plenty of times this season.

“He’s a natural,” Hitchens said of Bolton. “He’s smart and he owns up to his mistakes, so a guy like that, you can count on. He’s even keel. He just stays in the moment. Guys like that can play a long time in this league.”

Injury update

Every player participated in Wednesday’s practice. Backup center Austin Blythe (abdomen from sports hernia surgery) and defensive tackle Khalen Saunders (glute) were limited. Clark (hamstring spasm), star receiver Tyreek Hill (toe), running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire (right inside ankle sprain), defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi (hip) and defensive end Mike Danna (groin) were full participants.

Mathieu wasn’t on the Chiefs’ injury report. He was a full participant in his first practice in two weeks after rejoining the active roster on Saturday. Mathieu missed Sunday’s game because he was on the NFL reserve/COVID-19 list for 10 days after testing positive for the virus earlier this month.

O.city 09-15-2021 07:38 PM

Would be awesome if Bolton and gay were our version of Willis and bowman or Wagner and Wright

Beef Supreme 09-15-2021 08:16 PM

Would be awesome if we could keep teams from averaging 7 yards a carry on the ground. I'm not asking for Hall of Fame play here. Just stop the ****ing hemorrhaging.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-16-2021 12:17 AM

Sux we're going to be without Gay 2 more weeks but it'll give Bolton valuable snaps and we'll be better off when Gay is back.

milkshock 09-16-2021 01:50 AM

Dude looks a handful

PHOG 09-16-2021 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15835419)
Would be awesome if Bolton and gay were our version of Willis and bowman or Wagner and Wright

It'll be nice to get Gay back onto GEHA Field, along with Bolton.

ChiTown 09-16-2021 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15830686)
He is so ****ing great!!!!

MIZ!!!!!!

In spite of his poor College choice, I like the lad!

:)

O.city 09-16-2021 07:50 AM

We've always pointed to one or two guys but the run defense is a whole unit mentality. It's all gotta work together.

tredadda 09-16-2021 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHOG (Post 15835717)
It'll be nice to get Gay back onto GEHA Field, along with Bolton.

Since it appears like Bolton is filling in for Gay, I am curious as to how Spags uses him once Gay returns.

Fansy the Famous Bard 09-16-2021 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15835817)
Since it appears like Bolton is filling in for Gay, I am curious as to how Spags uses him once Gay returns.

It's always awkward when the Gay returns.

duncan_idaho 09-16-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15835817)

The hope: He plays well enough to give them confidence in relegating Niemann to the 11th circle of Hell.

The reality: Even if Bolton plays well, Niemann still gets snaps at his/Gay's expense.

RunKC 10-18-2021 09:53 AM

Watching this guy again and he’s really starting to grow. He had another TFL as well as a “no gain” stop yesterday. That was after having 2 TFL’s last week. So he’s got 5 TFL’s in 6 games.

He’s our best tackler IMO. The guy knows how to wrap up and simply doesn’t miss often. And he is very smart. Watching him pre-snap he can tell the formation and what angles he’s gonna need.

No he’s no super athletic but playing in the middle doesn’t require that.

I think this guy was definitely a hit and will be a rock solid productive player for a long time. And again this is from someone who didn’t like the pick when it was made

Rain Man 10-18-2021 10:06 AM

It's a relatively low bar, but I feel like Bolton is our best linebacker right now.

Dante84 10-18-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15901160)
Watching this guy again and he’s really starting to grow. He had another TFL as well as a “no gain” stop yesterday. That was after having 2 TFL’s last week. So he’s got 5 TFL’s in 6 games.

He’s our best tackler IMO. The guy knows how to wrap up and simply doesn’t miss often. And he is very smart. Watching him pre-snap he can tell the formation and what angles he’s gonna need.

I think this guy was definitely a hit and will be a rock solid productive player for a long time. And again this is from someone who didn’t like the pick when it was made

Yep, I thought to myself that it looked like he was learning & reading plays faster than he was earlier this season.

I hope he continues and grows into a stud later this season or after next year's offseason.

ChiTown 10-18-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15901190)
It's a relatively low bar, but I feel like Bolton is our best linebacker right now.

He is, and it's not particularly close, primarily because Willie Gay isn't 100% yet.

ThaVirus 10-18-2021 10:14 AM

Quote:

He’s our best tackler IMO. The guy knows how to wrap up and simply doesn’t miss often. And he is very smart.

He is a sure tackler, which is a breath of fresh air. Probably our surest tackler since.. idk, maybe Eric Berry back in 2016? Been a long time.

I just wish he was faster/more athletic.

saphojunkie 10-18-2021 10:22 AM

Amazing how our defense looked 100x better with our our last three second round picks in starting roles.

Simply amazing.

I am amazed.

Perineum Ripper 10-18-2021 11:06 AM

Wasn’t there some dumbass in here saying he was a shoestring tackler, not athletic and wouldn’t be very good?

JakeF 10-18-2021 11:08 AM

Bolton looks like a quality starter for us. We need him badly.

Can we get 2 more LB's just like Bolton, please?

crispystl 10-18-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 15901269)
Wasn’t there some dumbass in here saying he was a shoestring tackler, not athletic and wouldn’t be very good?

Who’s said that lol. Didn’t the dude lead the SEC in tackles one year?

staylor26 10-18-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

I believe that was Tribal Warfare.

Pitt Gorilla 10-18-2021 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15901190)

He really is. It's clear that he's a football player and not an athlete trying to play football.

Pitt Gorilla 10-18-2021 11:25 AM

Quote:

Bolton has never been a "shoestring tackler."

Perineum Ripper 10-18-2021 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15901294)
I believe that was Tribal Warfare.

After reading back through the thread, this is the correct answer. To his credit at one point he said Bolton would be solid. Then went on to say up and down role player was his expectation and people were stupid for expecting All Pro. Didn’t see anyone saying All Pro was their expectations

Mecca 10-18-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 15901343)
After reading back through the thread, this is the correct answer. To his credit at one point he said Bolton would be solid. Then went on to say up and down role player was his expectation and people were stupid for expecting All Pro. Didn’t see anyone saying All Pro was their expectations

But using pick 58 on him leads to those expectations. Because off ball LBs aren't high positional value you need a high level of production to make the pick worth it.

RealSNR 10-18-2021 12:04 PM

Quote:

"Where are the Pro Bowlers, Veach??!!!!! Draft us All Pros, you phony!!!!! Dorsey was better!!!!"

When you draft in the bottom of the first and have used half of your 1st rounders in trades while another one was traded before you became GM, getting a handful of halfway decent starters at a few interior positions isn't bad at all. A solid 4-3 Mike backer isn't glamorous, but if they're a significant notch better than dudes like Nico Johnson and give you competence and consistency, that's a good use of a 2nd round pick. Same goes for the Humphrey pick. If he's a solid starting C, that's a good 2nd round pick. If he's a future Pro Bowler (which he could be) that's a GREAT pick, even at C.

Sorry Veach hasn't unearthed a 15-sack edge rusher or a true WR1 with his late 2nd round picks and beyond in the draft, people. In the meantime, he HAS found many good players that can be good contributors on a Super Bowl team. You can criticize him for the reasons why he has only had one first round pick in his time as GM, but to bitch about the lack of All Pros and studs from his drafts given what he's had is kind of moronic.

wachashi 10-18-2021 12:20 PM

This dude currently leads the team in solo tackles, total tackles, and tackles for loss. Not bad for a rookie taken late in the second round. It's pretty obvious at this point that Veach nailed this and the Humphrey pick.

Wallymo 10-18-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15901370)
But using pick 58 on him leads to those expectations. Because off ball LBs aren't high positional value you need a high level of production to make the pick worth it.

It's hard to have positional value concerns when you are trying to replace dog shit in the lineup. Would a better positional value pick have been a fourth corner for the team? Perhaps. But our LB corps was a wasteland. So good pick Vertch!

RunKC 10-18-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

A smart competent LB who is the QB of the defense is definitely worth it for the 58th pick.

Again we do need some stars and that’s what 1st rd picks and FA is for, but getting very good players in general is the goal.

Mahomes already gives us a huge advantage over the majority of teams. Having good players in general is what helps. They don’t. All need to be stars.

We just need to avoid Breeland Speaks type draft picks.

staylor26 10-18-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

:facepalm:

All-Pro is realistic expectations at 58? In what ****ing universe?

Perineum Ripper 10-18-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

If people are expecting pick 58 to be an All Pro because he is not a high value position, they are being unrealistic.

JPH83 10-18-2021 01:52 PM

I liked the pick, thought he was a high floor not massively high ceiling type. I don't think he's been that good, but I still think he'll be a solid player. He's come on board with an absolute dumpster fire at DL and a player next to him whose meant to be the general and looks completely clueless. Plus it's a hard position to come in and rip it up from the get go - there aren't going to be many JOKs. Still optimistic.

notorious 10-18-2021 03:46 PM

Bolton has been very good.

His instincts are fantastic so far.

BryanBusby 10-18-2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

He's going to get better. Granted you probably don't want him covering Noah Fant for 30+ yards but I really do think he's going to erase a lot of the bad run D when the light fully turns on.

He's getting there.

Sassy Squatch 10-18-2021 03:56 PM

LMAO There's been an off ball LB drafted in or near the top 10 for at least the last half decades worth of drafts.

Reddick
Smith
White
Simmons
Parsons

keg in kc 10-18-2021 03:57 PM

Watching him play has been kind of like seeing everything you hear about why Ben Neimann is on the field but he's actually athletic enough to make a few plays .

notorious 10-18-2021 03:58 PM

The dude stones guys. They don’t get any extra yards very often once he makes contact.

Pitt Gorilla 10-18-2021 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15901735)
LMAO There's been an off ball LB drafted in or near the top 10 for at least the last half decades worth of drafts.

Reddick
Smith
White
Simmons
Parsons

Bolton has basically produced like Devin White this season.

tredadda 10-18-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15901914)
Bolton has basically produced like Devin White this season.

That is huge as White is one of the best young LBs in the league. Would love if Bolton can continue to produce like that.

PAChiefsGuy 10-18-2021 08:10 PM

He looked good out there. Hopefully he continues to improve and he becomes a great player for us. Chiefs sure could use the help on D.

Mizzou_8541 10-18-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Deberg and he was trolling. As per usual.

RunKC 10-19-2021 09:13 AM

Bolton has missed only 1 tackle in 6 games. That’s exactly what this defense needs…consistency.

He’s never gonna be a good pass defender but as a MLB that’s what you want. Draft a better safety to cover TE’s and also use Gay to defend those as well

Chris Meck 10-19-2021 09:15 AM

He's got really good instincts, which allows him to play faster than his measured times would indicate. I would imagine as time goes on and he learns more, that will show even more. Looks like a damned good pick so far.

IowaHawkeyeChief 10-19-2021 09:21 AM

He's good at run stuffing at this point, however, he still struggles in pass coverage. Some are just bad drops in zone or getting to the flats, that should improve.

wachashi 10-19-2021 09:27 AM

He's been very good at diagnosing runs early and getting up towards the line of scrimmage before blockers can engage at the second level. He'll have lots of opportunities against the Titans to put that skill to use.

Dante84 10-25-2021 01:19 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nick Bolton leads the entire league in TFLs.</p>&mdash; Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadLive/status/1452702440575442957?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

staylor26 10-25-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15913798)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nick Bolton leads the entire league in TFLs.</p>&mdash; Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadLive/status/1452702440575442957?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No value in that/Mecca

CasselGotPeedOn 10-25-2021 01:33 PM

Mecca was dropped on his head as an already reeruned baby.

ThaVirus 10-25-2021 01:35 PM

I understand the positional value argument, but this team just needs good football players right now.

One of our best players is a TE and another is a S and another is a.. well, was a DT. Our best linemen are a G and a C. Conventionally those positions would be considered low value.

RunKC 10-25-2021 01:39 PM

A smart LB that can tackle, be around the ball constantly and be the QB of the defense has incredible value.

He was also a good coverage backer in college so let’s see how he develops

Mizzou_8541 10-25-2021 02:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15913832)
No value in that/Mecca

And he can’t cover…

notorious 10-25-2021 02:31 PM

Yeah, Bolton has been the lone bright spot on the entire defense this season.

Danna has been decent, too.

Dante84 10-25-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15914010)
Yeah, Bolton has been the lone bright spot on the entire defense this season.

Danna has been decent, too.

Positives: Bolton, Danna, Fenton and Wharton have had their moments, as has HB (Baltimore).

Negatives: Reed, Hitchens, Sorenson, Hughes, Nieman

Inconclusive/Ghosts: Jones, Clark, Thornhill, Ward, Baker, Sneed, Gay

If we can get just some of the ghosts into the positive column, the defense can get us to at least in the 15-25 ranking range, rather than 32 in every category like we are now.

If our defense can give the ball back to Mahomes more, and get a handful of stops, the offense can begin to rebuild its confidence, not press as much, and settle back into a playoff contender.

If we make the playoffs even as the 7 seed, anything can happen from there.

notorious 10-25-2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15914030)
Positives: Bolton, Danna, Fenton and Wharton have had their moments, as has HB (Baltimore).

Negatives: Reed, Hitchens, Sorenson, Hughes, Nieman

Inconclusive/Ghosts: Jones, Clark, Thornhill, Ward, Baker, Sneed, Gay

If we can get just some of the ghosts into the positive column, the defense can get us to at least in the 15-25 ranking range, rather than 32 in every category like we are now.

If our defense can give the ball back to Mahomes more, and get a handful of stops, the offense can begin to rebuild its confidence, not press as much, and settle back into a playoff contender.

If we make the playoffs even as the 7 seed, anything can happen from there.

If this team pulls their head halfway out of their ass the rest of the AFC will be shitting their pants in the playoffs.

Nobody will want to face the Chiefs because they know the ceiling is higher than any other teams’ ceiling. (Maybe not TB. They are rolling)

Dunerdr 10-25-2021 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15914135)
If this team pulls their head halfway out of their ass the rest of the AFC will be shitting their pants in the playoffs.

Nobody will want to face the Chiefs because they know the ceiling is higher than any other teams’ ceiling. (Maybe not TB. They are rolling)

That’s the problem though, they only got out to their ears against a bad Washington team and have pulled an ostrich act against contenders.

UChieffyBugger 10-25-2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Tb have beaten up on poor teams all year because they don't have a 1st place schedule.

KChiefs1 10-25-2021 04:22 PM

Quote:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nick Bolton leads the entire league in TFLs.</p>— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadLive/status/1452702440575442957?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dude is a beast.

Sassy Squatch 10-25-2021 04:28 PM

Quote:

Don't think they'll pull it off soon enough to salvage the season. Playing the Cowboys and Packers so soon probably ****s us. Not to mention both Raiders games.

Hammock Parties 10-25-2021 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15914247)
Playing the Cowboys and Packers so soon probably ****s us. Not to mention both Raiders games.

I think it's the best thing for us. We're relatively healthy.

Sassy Squatch 10-25-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15914263)
I think it's the best thing for us. We're relatively healthy.

Who gives a shit about being healthy? Maybe having a couple of these loafing chuckle ****s blow out a knee would actually improve the product on the field just on the principle of addition by subtraction.

UChieffyBugger 10-25-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15914247)
Don't think they'll pull it off soon enough to salvage the season. Playing the Cowboys and Packers so soon probably ****s us. Not to mention both Raiders games.

The same Washington offense that our D shutdown was on the GB goalline around five times yesterday..Heinikie was tearing them up for most of the game. The Dallas D were getting beat up by Mac Jones too the other day..even if our D hasn't improved before them games shootouts can go either way.

Sassy Squatch 10-25-2021 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 15914271)
The same Washington offense that our D shutdown was on the GB goalline around five times yesterday..Heinikie was tearing them up for most of the game. The Dallas D were getting beat up by Mac Jones too the other day..even if our D hasn't improved before them games shootouts can go either way.

LMAO Shootout? The way our offense is performing we're playing Russian Roulette with all 6 chambers loaded.

UChieffyBugger 10-25-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15914264)
Who gives a shit about being healthy? Maybe having a couple of these loafing chuckle ****s blow out a knee would actually improve the product on the field just on the principle of addition by subtraction.

Jones has played three games

Clark has played three games and had no preason games

Ward has played three games

Gay has played three games

Thornhill is just starting games now

So four key pieces on the defense has played less than half the games and yesterday was the first time they've all been on the pitch together.

Yes, much of the problems have been down to players not being good enough (Dan, Niemann, Hughes etc), players playing out of position ( Jones and Bolton) etc but for a defense to show it's best self you need to things..one is for your best players to be on the field..and two for your unit to actually play together and build chemistry..so far those two key things have evaded the Chiefs defense..that's just a fact.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the longer the defense has been on the field throughout the game these last three weeks, the better they have done.

UChieffyBugger 10-25-2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15914275)
LMAO Shootout? The way our offense is performing we're playing Russian Roulette with all 6 chambers loaded.

Yes because scoring 30 plus four out of seven games and having some historic numbers during the first six weeks obviously indicates they are bad :thumb:

Chris Meck 10-25-2021 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 15914301)
Yes because scoring 30 plus four out of seven games and having some historic numbers during the first six weeks obviously indicates they are bad :thumb:

I'm not concerned about Mahomes and the offense other than Brown being a disaster.

But we're not going far in the play-offs if we somehow got in. It's a waste of time, energy, and draft position.