ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports **** OFFICIAL 2014 NASCAR THREAD **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278682)

Dylan 06-22-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinny Blues (Post 10707613)
Go Mercedes.

Dinny

Rosberg's mother is German and his father is Finnish... His father Keke Rosberg is a former F1 champion.

Growing up, Rosberg lives in Monaco - same as today. Hamilton also lives in Monaco.

Edit: Last month, Hamilton said that Rosberg was not hungry enough because he came from a privileged family and that his family had private planes and yachts. Hamilton forgot to say, that he had the privilege to travel with Rosberg's family as a teenager.

Dylan 06-22-2014 07:38 AM

Yes! Rosberg wins the Austria Grand Prix!!!

Hamilton
Bottas
Massa 4th

Rosberg is so much better than Hamilton - That's it (I believe) Rosberg wins the championship at the end of the season.

Happy for Bottas...

Dylan 06-22-2014 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10707631)
How's the race Dylan?

(Formerly pgm)

LOL

It's great. I love F1

It is on NBC sports network...Verizon - channel 90 in NYC...I always have a live stream connection if someone should need it.

Dylan 06-22-2014 07:48 AM

When Rosberg beat Hamilton in Monaco - Hamilton refused to come out for a team photo. Mercedes, with the CEO in attendance said that Hamilton embarrassed the company in front of the Prince & Princess of Monaco and ordered him out on stage

Dylan 06-22-2014 10:08 AM

NASCAR Sprint Cup at Sonoma Raceway, Toyota/Save Mart 350

SUNDAY START TIME: Baseball Hall of Famer Vida Blue will instruct drivers to start their engines at 3:08 p.m. Eastern time today (12:08 local), followed by the green flag at 3:20 p.m. ET. So if you want to skip the pre-race show and just tune in for the race, turn on your TV at 3:20 p.m. ET

RACE DISTANCE: The Toyota/Save Mart 350 is actually 350 kilometers, not 350 miles. That means drivers will need to complete 110 laps around the 1.99-mile Sonoma Raceway for a total of 218.9 miles.

POLE: McMurray wins again at Sonoma

TV/RADIO SCHEDULE: TNT will broadcast today's race and has a pre-race show beginning at 2 p.m. ET. The Performance Racing Network (PRN) will call the race on the radio.

WEATHER: The National Weather Service is calling for a typically beautiful Northern California day: Mostly sunny skies with a high of 80 degrees and a light breeze.

NATIONAL ANTHEM: Broadway star Carrie Manolakos will sing the national anthem before today's race.

LAST TIME: Martin Truex Jr. became the latest surprise Sonoma winner -- the ninth different winner at this track in nine races. Michael Waltrip Racing has won two straight Sonoma races (Clint Bowyer, 2012).

STARTING LINEUP: Jamie McMurray won the Sonoma pole for the second straight year ahead of Northern California natives AJ Allmendinger and Kyle Larson.

Here's the starting lineup for today's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Sonoma:
1.Jamie McMurray
2.AJ Allmendinger
3.Kyle Larson
4.Carl Edwards
5.Kurt Busch
6.Kevin Harvick
7.Ryan Newman
8.Brian Vickers
9.Paul Menard
10.Joey Logano
11.Danica Patrick
12.Casey Mears
13.Brad Keselowski
14.Matt Kenseth
15.Jeff Gordon
16.Denny Hamlin
17.Dale Earnhardt Jr.
18.Kurt Busch
19.Greg Biffle
20.Kyle Busch
21.Tony Stewart
22.Jimmie Johnson
23.Marcos Ambrose
24.Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
25.Clint Bowyer
26.Austin Dillon
27.David Gilliland
28.Michael McDowell
29.Aric Almirola
30.Kasey Kahne
31.David Ragan
32.Cole Whitt
33.Josh Wise
34.Ryan Truex
35.Justin Allgaier
36.Alex Kennedy
37.Timmy Hill (qualified for Landon Cassill)
38.Alex Bowman
39.David Mayhew
40.Reed Sorenson
41.Boris Said
42.Michael Annett
43.Tomy Drissi

Source: USA Today

From Jakski's:
This race has been won 5 times from McMurrays starting position

This race has been won 3 times each from Allmendinger, Newman, and Patrick's starting positions

This race has been won 2 times each from Larson's, Edward's, and Kurt Busch's starting positions

Every single one of those drivers named drives for Chevrolet (except Edwards Ford), of which has the most wins here (Chevrolet - 10)

14 races have been won from a Top 5 starting position, 18 from the Top 10 (out of 25)

One race has also been won from Harvick, Kenseth, Keselowski, Kahne, and Whitt's starting positions

Chevrolet's most recent two wins here came in 2010 with Johnson, and 2006 with Gordon who also won it in 2004, Stewart won the 2005 race, and Robby Gordon won it in 2003, all of which drove for Chevrolet at the time, trend seems to be every 4 years for Chevrolet.

This track has not been good to Ford, its most recent win dates back to 2002.

Dodge and Toyota both have 3 recent wins here, with Dodge out of the picture, and Chevrolet looking strong again. This might be Chevrolet's race to lose, 10/15 of the Top qualifiers are Chevrolets.

In58men 06-22-2014 10:48 AM

Didn't know David Mayhew actually drove NASCAR. He races at our home track, Kern County Raceway here in Bakersfield every Saturday. He qualified 39th for Sonoma.

Pepe Silvia 06-22-2014 12:45 PM

Who's ready for some racin'?

Pepe Silvia 06-22-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 10707738)
NASCAR Sprint Cup at Sonoma Raceway, Toyota/Save Mart 350

SUNDAY START TIME: Baseball Hall of Famer Vida Blue will instruct drivers to start their engines at 3:08 p.m. Eastern time today (12:08 local), followed by the green flag at 3:20 p.m. ET. So if you want to skip the pre-race show and just tune in for the race, turn on your TV at 3:20 p.m. ET

RACE DISTANCE: The Toyota/Save Mart 350 is actually 350 kilometers, not 350 miles. That means drivers will need to complete 110 laps around the 1.99-mile Sonoma Raceway for a total of 218.9 miles.

POLE: McMurray wins again at Sonoma

TV/RADIO SCHEDULE: TNT will broadcast today's race and has a pre-race show beginning at 2 p.m. ET. The Performance Racing Network (PRN) will call the race on the radio.

WEATHER: The National Weather Service is calling for a typically beautiful Northern California day: Mostly sunny skies with a high of 80 degrees and a light breeze.

NATIONAL ANTHEM: Broadway star Carrie Manolakos will sing the national anthem before today's race.

LAST TIME: Martin Truex Jr. became the latest surprise Sonoma winner -- the ninth different winner at this track in nine races. Michael Waltrip Racing has won two straight Sonoma races (Clint Bowyer, 2012).

STARTING LINEUP: Jamie McMurray won the Sonoma pole for the second straight year ahead of Northern California natives AJ Allmendinger and Kyle Larson.

Here's the starting lineup for today's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Sonoma:
1.Jamie McMurray
2.AJ Allmendinger
3.Kyle Larson
4.Carl Edwards
5.Kurt Busch
6.Kevin Harvick
7.Ryan Newman
8.Brian Vickers
9.Paul Menard
10.Joey Logano
11.Danica Patrick
12.Casey Mears
13.Brad Keselowski
14.Matt Kenseth
15.Jeff Gordon
16.Denny Hamlin
17.Dale Earnhardt Jr.
18.Kurt Busch
19.Greg Biffle
20.Kyle Busch
21.Tony Stewart
22.Jimmie Johnson
23.Marcos Ambrose
24.Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
25.Clint Bowyer
26.Austin Dillon
27.David Gilliland
28.Michael McDowell
29.Aric Almirola
30.Kasey Kahne
31.David Ragan
32.Cole Whitt
33.Josh Wise
34.Ryan Truex
35.Justin Allgaier
36.Alex Kennedy
37.Timmy Hill (qualified for Landon Cassill)
38.Alex Bowman
39.David Mayhew
40.Reed Sorenson
41.Boris Said
42.Michael Annett
43.Tomy Drissi

Source: USA Today

From Jakski's:
This race has been won 5 times from McMurrays starting position

This race has been won 3 times each from Allmendinger, Newman, and Patrick's starting positions

This race has been won 2 times each from Larson's, Edward's, and Kurt Busch's starting positions

Every single one of those drivers named drives for Chevrolet (except Edwards Ford), of which has the most wins here (Chevrolet - 10)

14 races have been won from a Top 5 starting position, 18 from the Top 10 (out of 25)

One race has also been won from Harvick, Kenseth, Keselowski, Kahne, and Whitt's starting positions

Chevrolet's most recent two wins here came in 2010 with Johnson, and 2006 with Gordon who also won it in 2004, Stewart won the 2005 race, and Robby Gordon won it in 2003, all of which drove for Chevrolet at the time, trend seems to be every 4 years for Chevrolet.

This track has not been good to Ford, its most recent win dates back to 2002.

Dodge and Toyota both have 3 recent wins here, with Dodge out of the picture, and Chevrolet looking strong again. This might be Chevrolet's race to lose, 10/15 of the Top qualifiers are Chevrolets.

I've been watching a little bit of the pre-race show but I'm going to wait until 2:20. Thanks for the time dylan I was wondering when its green flag.

Dylan 06-22-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10707951)
I've been watching a little bit of the pre-race show but I'm going to wait until 2:20. Thanks for the time dylan I was wondering when its green flag.

According to NASCAR.com 3 p.m. EST, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race at Sonoma, TNT

However, according to USA Today the race goes green @ 3:20 p.m. EST, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race at Sonoma, TNT

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...une-16-22.html

The pre-race show is live on TNT right now.

Pepe Silvia 06-22-2014 12:57 PM

I'm picking Kurt Busch to take Sonoma. Ambrose and Allmedinger as my B picks.

Dylan 06-22-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10707972)
I'm picking Kurt Busch to take Sonoma. Ambrose and Allmedinger as my B picks.

It is starting now!

Good choices - Jeff Gordon will be in the mix. -

Edit: Removing the image I had previously posted - Just noticed the image that I have deleted is a Formula 1 image of Sonoma Raceway...

Edit: Here is another image - NASCAR's image of Sonoma Raceway

http://www.racesonoma.com/documents/..._1_800x600.png

Fairplay 06-22-2014 01:37 PM

Don't forget that one Kes

Dylan 06-22-2014 01:40 PM

Kyle tapped Brad on the turn when Brad came back into the turn - which would be considered Brad's fault and not Kyle's fault. - These guys race on ovals so I am not sure how Brad will process that move.

Dylan 06-22-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 10708070)
Don't forget that one Kes

LOL...

Hey Fairplay!!!

Dylan 06-22-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Jeff Gluck ‏@jeff_gluck 1m
Keselowski says car is "junk," adds: "I deserved to get spun out. Probably going to get spun out three or four more times, as bad as we are
Kyle held his line...as I've said, Brad came back into the turn.