ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football So Glad I'm not an AZ Cardinals fan (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322410)

Megatron96 04-18-2019 04:19 PM

So Glad I'm not an AZ Cardinals fan

Sounds like they're seriously going to trade Josh Rosen. That would be two first round QB drafts in consecutive years.

Dumbasses.

Sassy Squatch 04-18-2019 04:22 PM

Hell, if he's not the guy that Kingsbury thinks can run his offense, then why the **** would you keep him around? Option A is cut your losses and draft your guy. Option B is jam a square peg into a round hole just because you drafted him in the first.

Best22 04-18-2019 04:25 PM

If only Denver had done 1st round QBs back to back, they coulda had Mahomes

But Paxton Lynch ensured that wouldn’t happen

58-4ever 04-18-2019 04:27 PM

sounds like they will get a 2nd, and have the guy they REALLY think is their guy with the new regime. I applaud the ownership for letting them cut losses quickly.

SAUTO 04-18-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 14213494)
sounds like they will get a 2nd, and have the guy they REALLY think is their guy with the new regime. I applaud the ownership for letting them cut losses quickly.

This.

I wouldnt be mad if the chiefs had taken Manziel in the first, traded him for a second, then take lynch in the first and traded him for a second then had taken mahomes.

If you see they don't fit get what you can and move on. Put your pride to the side and be about winning.

BryanBusby 04-18-2019 04:36 PM

Until Rosen trade is final I'm going to assume it's a smokescreen

Pasta Little Brioni 04-18-2019 04:37 PM

It's the right move, so who cares

Megatron96 04-18-2019 04:40 PM

I think management/ownership is desperate here.

There's nothing wrong with Rosen. The only thing he doesn't do as well as Kyler is run. And it's not like Rosen can't run; he's actually a decent runner, just not on the level of Kyler. In every other category Rosen is probably at least as good if not better.

And I grew up in OK, I'm a diehard OU fan, and I am a big Kyler fan. But the only thing I can see the Cards getting out of this scenario is increasing ticket sales for the first three or four home games. If this experiment fails for whatever reason, Cards fans will be in for another long, miserable season.

Thank God for Mahomes being a Chief.

Sassy Squatch 04-18-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14213517)
I think management/ownership is desperate here.

There's nothing wrong with Rosen. The only thing he doesn't do as well as Kyler is run. And it's not like Rosen can't run; he's actually a decent runner, just not on the level of Kyler. In every other category Rosen is probably at least as good if not better.

And I grew up in OK, I'm a diehard OU fan, and I am a big Kyler fan. But the only thing I can see the Cards getting out of this scenario is increasing ticket sales for the first three or four home games. If this experiment fails for whatever reason, Cards fans will be in for another long, miserable season.

Thank God for Mahomes being a Chief.

Doesn't matter. If Kingsbury doesn't think Rosen fits what he wants/needs his QB to do in his offense, or at least doesn't think he can do it as well as Murray, this is a no brainer. Sounds like they'll get a day 2 pick at least back as well, so they really don't lose much.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-18-2019 04:45 PM

Trade him for that hunk of turd Chubb and he can take over for Flacco midseason

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-18-2019 06:07 PM

Kingsbury couldn't win in the Big XII with Mahomes, but he's going to win in the NFL with Kyler Murray?

Has Steve Keim proven himself to be anything other than the worst GM in the sport this last year? What makes anyone think that his choice of coach will be correct? The mere fact that they want to take Murray first overall makes me question the choice of Murray as first overall. Call it the Scott Pioli corollary.

ghak99 04-18-2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14213505)
This.

I wouldnt be mad if the chiefs had taken Manziel in the first, traded him for a second, then take lynch in the first and traded him for a second then had taken mahomes.

If you see they don't fit get what you can and move on. Put your pride to the side and be about winning.

I agree.

Pick one in the 1st every god damn year and dump last year's for a 2nd until you hit on the right QB for all I care. Finding the right one is all that matters.

kysirsoze 04-18-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14213670)
Kingsbury couldn't win in the Big XII with Mahomes, but he's going to win in the NFL with Kyler Murray?

Has Steve Keim proven himself to be anything other than the worst GM in the sport this last year? What makes anyone think that his choice of coach will be correct? The mere fact that they want to take Murray first overall makes me question the choice of Murray as first overall. Call it the Scott Pioli corollary.

Absolutely. If I was a Cardinals fan I'd be too upset over the Kingsbury hire to give a **** what QB is losing games for us.

Red Dawg 04-18-2019 06:16 PM

The AZ 2019 hype video doesn't have Rosen in it. It's game over, Murray is going number one. That midget will be crushed if a DL lands on him.

58-4ever 04-18-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 14213675)
The AZ 2019 hype video doesn't have Rosen in it. It's game over, Murray is going number one. That midget will be crushed if a DL lands on him.

This is such a dumb correlation. So, you think the MARKETING people and video folks have a plug to the GM? The direction was probably, "show some defensive highlights, yada yada..." I saw the same take on twitter, which I am sure where you stole it from.