ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

|Zach| 10-03-2011 02:28 PM

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pi...0614212612.jpg

luv 10-03-2011 02:29 PM

I haven't really been paying attention, as I don't tend to go in Saul's threads. Can someone give me the skinny on the latest rumors? If MU signs to leave, where would they be going? Haven't heard the latest on that, either.

KChiefs1 10-03-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7964455)
Could be on their own network had they chosen to have one, instead they chose to bitch about others' after they voted to allow them.

I'm sorry KSU has no leverage but be glad that MU is looking out for the "special" kids in the conference. Don't expect any KSU, ISU or BU fans to understand that the pressure MU is exerting on Bevo is helping you guys out.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-03-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 7964525)
I'm sorry KSU has no leverage but be glad that MU is looking out for the "special" kids in the conference. Don't expect any KSU, ISU or BU fans to understand that the pressure MU is exerting on Bevo is helping you guys out.

Get real, IF MU is leaving as rumored, that has ZERO to do with anyone but MU. Don't act like you're trying to save us.....you certainly weren't last year.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-03-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7964522)
I haven't really been paying attention, as I don't tend to go in Saul's threads. Can someone give me the skinny on the latest rumors? If MU signs to leave, where would they be going? Haven't heard the latest on that, either.

The $EC.

|Zach| 10-03-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7964529)
Get real, IF MU is leaving as rumored, that has ZERO to do with anyone but MU. Don't act like you're trying to save us.....you certainly weren't last year.

If we take concessions and stay itll be a nice boost to you.

Agreed there is no nobole reason but the outcome will be positive for the have nots of the league.

patteeu 10-03-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Is that really what you think he said?

mikeyis4dcats. 10-03-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7964536)
Is that really what you think he said?

he's implying that MU is doing it to help out the rest of the conference, standing up the the big bad bully.

eazyb81 10-03-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Oh please, wake up. Mizzou is trying for the same equality that KSU, ISU, KU, and others should be trying for but are afraid to speak out of turn. Shared revenue, clear rules for LHN and tier 3 rights, etc. If you guys would have just banded with us instead of leaving us on an island it probably would have had a bigger impact on UT.

DJ's left nut 10-03-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

And aren't this year.

But lets face it, you fellas that are hiding behind UT's skirts aren't doing anyone any favors at all.

At least MU might do something to help the sorry band of stragglers that are still blindly suckling on whatever UT puts in their mouths. Lord knows you fellas weren't inclined to do any actual heavy lifting on your own.

Sure, it's self-interested, but while you guys were coming up with this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-AvD2noQaLo...600/ecoKat.jpg

MU was actually drawing a line in the sand. If we stick around, the pack of sniveling ingrates that is currently lobbing rocks at MU will be better off for our insubordination when we dared actually lobby for UT to make changes.

Yeah - you fellas should totally be indignant. Afterall, you've clearly been instrumental to the changes being considered by the XII.

|Zach| 10-03-2011 02:38 PM

I wonder if they are pressing for merit based bowl slotting.

That would be welcome.

KChiefs1 10-03-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Wow! You really have a problem with comprehension huh? I give up!

DJ's left nut 10-03-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7964539)
he's implying that MU is doing it to help out the rest of the conference, standing up the the big bad bully.

No, he really isn't.

Go back to hoping KU's basketball program can get you a spot in a major conference.

mnchiefsguy 10-03-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7964544)
I wonder if they are pressing for merit based bowl slotting.

That would be welcome.

That is something that has not been mentioned, but I would think Mizzou would be the first to bring that up. Of course, KU would be opposed to such a fair rule.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-03-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7964541)
Oh please, wake up. Mizzou is trying for the same equality that KSU, ISU, KU, and others should be trying for but are afraid to speak out of turn. Shared revenue, clear rules for LHN and tier 3 rights, etc. If you guys would have just banded with us instead of leaving us on an island it probably would have had a bigger impact on UT.

I'm in the minority, but frankly I don't understand the expectation of equality. Some schools DO earn more than others in rights, and that is great for them. I would have liked to see a more balanced share, for sure, but I'm not going to hate on UT for having clout and the draw to earn more. I am against the LHN showing high school games or highlights due to the unfair recruiting advantages, but I don't hate UT for their tv deal any more than I dislike Notre Dame for their deal. That is just jealousy talking.....everyone of us would take the cash if it was available.