ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

HolyHandgernade 09-18-2011 09:29 PM

There was another rumor being floated on the KUSports thread, and maybe some of you K-Staties can weigh in on it, I'll pull it verbatim:

Quote:

I know I'm going to get blasted but here is the scoop as I've been told. B1G waiting to see what happens w/the B12...Not going to tip their hat. If the B12 emplodes, KU and KSU have spots. Why? Research and local. Been told by a Fed that directs the transition between Plum Island and NBAF that the B1G would take KSU and the $1 bill that goes w/them. The State & Fed knows this and won't let the two seperate and the State will intervene if any other scenario should happen. Another spot is always open to ND and the other will be decided between MU or ISU depending on what should happen.

I know Pac or Bust doesn't like this, but it will be a Bust. The B1G has been in contact w/KSU and there is already a plan in place to satisfy the acedemics over a period and the arangement that we go w/them. It's either ND, MU, or ISU that's going too. I understand that it isn't so, until it happens, but just want you to know that you heard it here first. Freakin' Awsome, but I do hope the B12 stays.
So, has anyone heard anything about that angle. If it is true, it could explain why MU has hardly made a peep about realignment, really ditto for KU and KSU as well. Of course, that same silence could be explained by an absolute helpless feeling as well!

DeezNutz 09-18-2011 09:33 PM

Research and local? Local what? LMAO. Please want us, please want us, please want us.

At this point, boys, all of the major three local schools are in some trouble.

LiveSteam 09-18-2011 09:36 PM

When Tom Osborne talks the Big 10 listens. KU & KSU should kiss his feet

RustShack 09-18-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 7922839)
There was another rumor being floated on the KUSports thread, and maybe some of you K-Staties can weigh in on it, I'll pull it verbatim:

So, has anyone heard anything about that angle. If it is true, it could explain why MU has hardly made a peep about realignment, really ditto for KU and KSU as well. Of course, that same silence could be explained by an absolute helpless feeling as well!

A few days ago I was hearing a lot of Texas, ND, ISU, and Mizzou to the B1G. But it would be nice if ND still decides to stay out, and ISU, Mizzou, KU, and KSU go instead.

Would Mizzou to the Pac with Texas, Oklahoma, and OSU make any sense?

HolyHandgernade 09-18-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7922859)
Research and local? Local what? LMAO. Please want us, please want us, please want us.

At this point, boys, all of the major three local schools are in some trouble.

I think what this poster was trying to say is that the State of Kansas (local) won't let the two schools be separated and the B1G wants to be associated with that billion dollar grant (research) going to KSU.

I don't know the guy, I imagine he is a KSU fan and looking for the KSU saves KU (and possibly MU) angle from conference oblivion. Apparently the grant is a huge animal research project, and since KSU has one of the top veterinarian colleges in the nation, they got the grant.

RustShack 09-18-2011 09:38 PM

Oh and blah blah blah I know TV sets are the main thing driving this(even though the B1G hasn't acted that way whatsoever), but ISU is the best fit of any school in this for the B1G in terms of everything they look for and want in a school.

RustShack 09-18-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 7922879)
I think what this poster was trying to say is that the State of Kansas (local) won't let the two schools be separated and the B1G wants to be associated with that billion dollar grant (research) going to KSU.

I don't know the guy, I imagine he is a KSU fan and looking for the KSU saves KU (and possibly MU) angle from conference oblivion. Apparently the grant is a huge animal research project, and since KSU has one of the top veterinarian colleges in the nation, they got the grant.

Hasn't it already been said several times that KU and KSU don't have to stay together in this?

HolyHandgernade 09-18-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7922873)
A few days ago I was hearing a lot of Texas, ND, ISU, and Mizzou to the B1G. But it would be nice if ND still decides to stay out, and ISU, Mizzou, KU, and KSU go instead.

Would Mizzou to the Pac with Texas, Oklahoma, and OSU make any sense?

Most of the PAC chatter about excluding Tech was about replacing them with KU actually. The ideal situation for the PAC was UT-OU-KU-MU, but OU and UT are sticking up for their in state neighbors.

Does this mean the PAC doesn't go through? It could, but it wouldn't necessarily be the saving grace for the Big XII as the SEC would surely try to get involved.

According to this poster (and I am not vouching for any credibility) ISU's best shot is if MU jumps to the SEC.

DeezNutz 09-18-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 7922879)

I don't believe that KSU is coveted as an academic institution by an "elite" conference for any reason. I know that sounds like I'm blasting KSU, but I'm not. I'd gladly send a child there--good place.

But we have to be realistic about this whole thing, too.

HolyHandgernade 09-18-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7922884)
Hasn't it already been said several times that KU and KSU don't have to stay together in this?

That's correct. But, you'll notice that KU hasn't been out actively campaigning itself, neither has MU for that matter.

HolyHandgernade 09-18-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7922903)
I don't believe that KSU is coveted as an academic institution by an "elite" conference for any reason. I know that sounds like I'm blasting KSU, but I'm not. I'd gladly send a child there--good place.

But we have to be realistic about this whole thing, too.

I would agree with you, unless this billion dollar grant gives KSU at least the appearance of an AAU university even if it hasn't received the title yet. Remember, the CIC amount the B1G gets is 6 billion a year. I know that's an annual amount, but you can see how large this grant is to KSU.

mnchiefsguy 09-18-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7922880)
Oh and blah blah blah I know TV sets are the main thing driving this(even though the B1G hasn't acted that way whatsoever), but ISU is the best fit of any school in this for the B1G in terms of everything they look for and want in a school.

Please, MU, KU, KSU are all better fits for the B1G than ISU. Of those four, MU is the best fit, and I would put KU a distant second, with KSU and ISU way behind both of them.

alnorth 09-18-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 7922907)
That's correct. But, you'll notice that KU hasn't been out actively campaigning itself, neither has MU for that matter.

Neither has Syracuse or Pitt. OU and UT can be confident, but for most teams there is no reason to be seen publicly whoring yourself out. Everyone's burning the phone lines in the background.

jAZ 09-18-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7922666)
Much earlier in the thread, I posed a question about researching funding for state universities. Where does this money come from? State appropriations? Part of the larger tuition pie?

All of this was based on the ruse that academics matter in any of this.

Utah: shit
OU: shit (but a better smelling pile than some of the other shit)
OSU: shit
TT: shit

No, all of your nonsense was based on the report from my source (who's reports appear to be confirmed by other reporting today) that people in the Pac-1x office had interest in Rice being paired with Texas because of their academic rankings and their presence in Houston.

But you make it into whatever you want. You have no idea what you are talking about.

HolyHandgernade 09-18-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7922934)
Neither has Syracuse or Pitt. OU and UT can be confident, but for most teams there is no reason to be seen publicly whoring yourself out. Everyone's burning the phone lines in the background.

Yes, but Syracuse and Pitt had something that KU and KSU didn't: large TV markets. It wasn't likely those two schools were going to be without a spot at the dinner table. They could afford to keep a low profile.