ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

Reerun_KC 09-13-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7905384)
someone besides KU is counting tickets "sold (or given away) as opposed to an actual turnstile count.

Hey dont be jealous that we are starting our own decade of dominance.

:harumph:

Mr. Laz 09-13-2011 12:45 PM

per Espn

Texas/OU meeting: OU wants out, Texas trying to make financial concessions to keep OU in Big 12.

OU looking to Pac-12

vailpass 09-13-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7904719)
A

Iowa State is a lot more respected than you "other fans" want to believe. Bowl representatives love ISU. Iowa State travels well. It adds pretty big conference games for Iowa, Nebraska, and Minnesota. Potentially for schools like Illinois and Wisconsin also. Its another game close in the midwest for opposing schools to travel too and vise versa.

If you have to tell people how widely respected you are.......

Bowl representatives? LMAO

vailpass 09-13-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7905700)
per Espn

Texas/OU meeting: OU wants out, Texas trying to make financial concessions to keep OU in Big 12.

OU looking to Pac-12

Makes sense to me that UT would want OU to stay otherwise B12 is undesirable.

Can't picture OU abandoning long-time rivalries to travel to left coast to play in the pansy league.

HemiEd 09-13-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7905718)
Makes sense to me that UT would want OU to stay otherwise B12 is undesirable.

Can't picture OU abandoning long-time rivalries to travel to left coast to play in the pansy league.

Nebraska leaving, kind of changed the whole playing field IMO.

The OU Nebraska football rivalry was up there with about any and I think it sucks that it is over.

But, the real mistake was made, back when they let all the Texas schools in, and gave the Longhorns the keys to the conference.

I truly think this is going to be very interesting to see how it plays out.

vailpass 09-13-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 7905727)
Nebraska leaving, kind of changed the whole playing field IMO.

The OU Nebraska football rivalry was up there with about any and I think it sucks that it is over.

But, the real mistake was made, back when they let all the Texas schools in, and gave the Longhorns the keys to the conference.

I truly think this is going to be very interesting to see how it plays out.

NU-OU definitely one of the classics. Would be cool if they still scheduled each other as non-con games.
Agreed, letting Bevo drive is the root of all problems here. NU said FU, aTm said good riddance, who's next?

Would rather have seen them tell UT to go screw and revert to the Big 8 teams.

HemiEd 09-13-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7905741)
NU-OU definitely one of the classics. Would be cool if they still scheduled each other as non-con games.
Agreed, letting Bevo drive is the root of all problems here. NU said FU, aTm said good riddance, who's next?

Would rather have seen them tell UT to go screw and revert to the Big 8 teams.

Exactly, but Nebraska leaving screws even that scenario up.

I guess I was unaware of the Big 8 really needed to expand at the time, I thought they had the world by the short hairs, but must have been wrong.

It looks like a mass exodus, but should be interesting.

ChiefsCountry 09-13-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 7905727)

Thats all on Oklahoma. They were the ones who sided with Texas on everything when the Big 12 was formed.

Not to mention if the original Big 8 expansion plans had went down, it would have just been Texas and A&M. They would have had less power for sure.

eazyb81 09-13-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7905835)
Thats all on Oklahoma. They were the ones who sided with Texas on everything when the Big 12 was formed.

Not to mention if the original Big 8 expansion plans had went down, it would have just been Texas and A&M. They would have had less power for sure.

You can't put it all on OU, everyone else voted them in too.

The simple fact is that the midwestern schools were really damn naive, and didn't realize Texas had taken over the conference until it was too late.

ChiefsCountry 09-13-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7905884)
You can't put it all on OU, everyone else voted them in too.

The simple fact is that the midwestern schools were really damn naive, and didn't realize Texas had taken over the conference until it was too late.

Not talking about admitting them to the conference. That was a good thing IMO and the right decision. Big 8 needed Dallas and Houston tv markets, and Texas needed the Big 8 schools. I was talking about the decisons after that from moving to the headquarters, comissioner and other decisons. OU went with Texas schools and Colorado was a bitch as well. If they could have kept the Big 8 voting block intact, they would have kept the power of Texas down.

RustShack 09-13-2011 02:59 PM

DeezNutz 09-13-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7906126)

It's probably just the Honey-Wagon.

WilliamTheIrish 09-13-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7905835)

Correction: That's all on OU, NU and aTm. They sided with UT on every facet of tiered financial compensation until they realized they weren't getting what they wanted.

HemiEd 09-13-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7906073)
Not talking about admitting them to the conference. That was a good thing IMO and the right decision. Big 8 needed Dallas and Houston tv markets, and Texas needed the Big 8 schools. I was talking about the decisons after that from moving to the headquarters, comissioner and other decisons. OU went with Texas schools and Colorado was a bitch as well. If they could have kept the Big 8 voting block intact, they would have kept the power of Texas down.

That makes a lot of sense, as usual, I wasn't paying any attention at the time.

kstater 09-13-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 7906159)
Correction: That's all on OU, NU and aTm. They sided with UT on every facet of tiered financial compensation until they realized they weren't getting what they wanted.

Yup, the Nubbs never had a problem with unequal revenue until they sucked balls and lost that TV appearance based revenue.