ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

Pants 09-21-2011 11:49 AM

GET THE **** OUT!

Highly placed Big 12 sources told the Tulsa World that there is a consensus among Big 12 leaders to ask commissioner Dan Beebe for his resignation. Those sources confirmed that former Big Eight commissioner Chuck Neinas has been targeted to serve as the interim commissioner until Beebe’s replacement is identified.
http://eye-on-collegefootball...._fb_na_txt_0001

Frazod 09-21-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7930035)
From Mike Kelly's interview earlier today on the Barnhart & Durham Show (790 The Zone)

"After tomorrows meeting Deaton may no longer be in position to make the decisions for Mizzou and conference affiliation".

Are the Curators getting antsy?

It's about time some ****ing heads rolled.

jAZ 09-21-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7929742)
I don't think it's safe to take any of the public statements at face value. It appears to me that Pac12 was interested in taking Texas and OU and something one or both of them demanded (probably UT) was too much for them to accept. So it could be just as true that Texas told them to back the hell off as it seems to be that the Pac12 did. If the Pac12 didn't want something here, they would have never entertained the idea of taking OU/TX in the first place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 7928770)
From my source...

"It was a done deal until things got messy and difficult.* Even Scott, the biggest proponent of the superconferences did not think he could make this work seemlessly.* I just spoke to a well placed Pac Ten official who told me that the expanded league would have been as messy as the Big 12 has been with big egos and the desire for special status.* The presidents who were on board as of last week were turned off by having to compromise to add schools they wanted (OU and UT) and were not thrilled with having to take OSU and TTech.* So instead of humiliating anybody with a rejection, they just decided to stand pat until this thing blows up again in a couple of years.* The Big 12 survives again. For now while the Pac 12 will flourish as 12."

jAZ 09-21-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7929780)
Yeah, I understand that. They probably didn't want UT's Longhorn Network either. What I'm saying is that you can't really say that the Pac12 rejected UT and OU without at the same time acknowledging that UT and OU rejected the Pac12 because it seems pretty likely that OU and UT were making demands that the Pac12 just wouldn't accept.

From what I have posted and read from "my source" (heh)... Pac-12 feels like they have the cards. They are VERY satisfied with where they are today. They felt like UT and OU (even with TT and OSU) would improve things, but not overwhelmingly. They had a plan to let UT save face by "keeping" their network (in name only, basically) but allowing all teams to have equal money ultimately (because the Pac-12 media deal is better than what the Big-12 overall can get... and all teams in the Pac-12/6 are and would make more money than UT would in the Big-12).

But Pac-12 wanted UT, OU, KU and MU ideally. And the politics and demands of UT were becoming complicated. So the Pac-12 cut off further discuss.

They *were* interested. But on their terms.

You are right that UT felt like they wanted to get certain things and they weren't happy without those things. So in that sense UT was still holding out. But as I understand it, it's the Pac12 that walked away. Not UT.

Reerun_KC 09-21-2011 12:32 PM

The Pac-12 can take OU, OSU, KU and either MU or KSU and I would be thrilled...

Bambi 09-21-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 7930200)
From what I have posted and read from "my source" (heh)... Pac-12 feels like they have the cards. They are VERY satisfied with where they are today. They felt like UT and OU (even with TT and OSU) would improve things, but not overwhelmingly. They had a plan to let UT save face by "keeping" their network (in name only, basically) but allowing all teams to have equal money ultimately (because the Pac-12 media deal is better than what the Big-12 overall can get... and all teams in the Pac-12/6 are and would make more money than UT would in the Big-12).

But Pac-12 wanted UT, OU, KU and MU ideally. And the politics and demands of UT were becoming complicated. So the Pac-12 cut off further discuss.

They *were* interested. But on their terms.

You are right that UT felt like they wanted to get certain things and they weren't happy without those things. So in that sense UT was still holding out. But as I understand it, it's the Pac12 that walked away. Not UT.

I don't care about all this "interest". We are the Big12. We run things over you (PAC 12) not the other way around.

This is how I've perceived the silence from KSU and KU especially.

BGL and Zenger have actually played this masterfully. Not spouting off like OU. Not "leaking info like MU. Very well done.

Bambi 09-21-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReeTodd_KC (Post 7930205)
The Pac-12 can take OU, OSU, KU and either MU or KSU and I would be thrilled...

Why does everyone keep bowing down to the PAC12? Who the **** cares??

The Big 12 is and will always be here.

I'm not staying up til 3am watching basketball.

Everyone know this. **** em

Reerun_KC 09-21-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7930233)

Settle down big boy...

Nobody is bowing down to anybody... We are just talking about better options than the cesspool Big 12...

Like most fans here, everyone is sick of the Big 12, sick of Texas and basically as a KU fan, I hope those little ****ers get into a BCS home..

kstater 09-21-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7930228)
I

BGL and Zenger have actually played this masterfully. Not spouting off like OU. Not "leaking info like MU. Very well done.

Yeah thats why they were silent. Had nothing to do with not having anywhere else to go.

Bambi 09-21-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReeTodd_KC (Post 7930241)
Settle down big boy...

Nobody is bowing down to anybody... We are just talking about better options than the cesspool Big 12...

Like most fans here, everyone is sick of the Big 12, sick of Texas and basically as a KU fan, I hope those little ****ers get into a BCS home..

Yea but no matter where you go KU, KSU and MU will always feel like second class when it comes to money, facilities, attention, etc etc.

Going to the PAC10 is not a good option for KU. Never has been.

Going anywhere except this conference isn't good for KU.

The best bet for the 3 schools locally is to go all in for the Big 12.

The geography of playing opponents being the most important factor.

Let UT spend spend spend...beat them on the field. That's what is great about sports.

That's what Nebraska couldn't do.

cookster50 09-21-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Well shoot, Wickedson won't stay up til 3am to watch basketball. There goes that conference alignment dream. All AD's consider what Wickedson would do, you know, WWWD?

Bambi 09-21-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7930250)
Yeah thats why they were silent. Had nothing to do with not having anywhere else to go.

Maybe...maybe not.

But as an alum I want my President and AD discussing these matters behind closed doors. Not getting played in the media like some of the other schools.

Saul Good 09-21-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7930250)

You've no doubt noticed that I've been very tight-lipped regarding who I'm inviting to be my sex slave, Megan Fox or Mila Kunis.

Titty Meat 09-21-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

This is about as accurate as your Jordan Webb prediction.

SPchief 09-21-2011 01:04 PM

I think wickedson is getting ready to go full reerun on us