ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

BWillie 09-17-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 15838055)
The thought of Arizona and Arizona State leaving the Cali schools to go slumming with Gay State, Okie Light and the Rust Shacks is too hilarious to even consider.

Other than the cultural aspect, the amount of money the schools bring to the table is quite similar. Pac 12 and Big 12 are unfortunately very similar now in terms of athletic dept power post OU/TEXAS

Prison Bitch 09-17-2021 04:10 PM

Two P5 schools have no NFL 1st rounders since 2000

1. Indiana
2. Rust Shacks, baby Rust Shacks!

RustShack 09-17-2021 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 15838221)
Two P5 schools have no NFL 1st rounders since 2000

1. Indiana
2. Rust Shacks, baby Rust Shacks!

It’s been a lot longer than 2000 for us lol. Last time we were this good was like the 70’s. Still hasn’t stopped us from having one of the best fan bases. I’ve seen K-State and Mizzou pretty butthurt about us jumping them for bowl games because they wanted the high fan turnout instead. It’s only getting bigger now that we are good, and have a coach who’s turned down tons of jobs already.

Pitt Gorilla 09-17-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 15838238)
It’s been a lot longer than 2000 for us lol. Last time we were this good was like the 70’s. Still hasn’t stopped us from having one of the best fan bases. I’ve seen K-State and Mizzou pretty butthurt about us jumping them for bowl games because they wanted the high fan turnout instead. It’s only getting bigger now that we are good, and have a coach who’s turned down tons of jobs already.

Again, you aren't good, although you might be "big 12" good.

RustShack 09-17-2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15838250)
Again, you aren't good, although you might be "big 12" good.

Oh yeah sure sure. Ranked as high as #6 last year, NY6 win over Oregon, beat Oklahoma(again) last year, made the Big12 Championship last year, preseason #7 this year, currently 14 even after a loss to a team with no offense. I’d say we are good. Notoriously bad in September under CMC, but we’ll be fine the rest of the year.

What’s your definition of good? Only the team who wins the national title? Or only the four who make the playoffs?

I didn’t say great, or elite. You’re an idiot if you don’t think Matt Campbell’s Iowa State is good.

Pitt Gorilla 09-17-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 15838254)
Oh yeah sure sure. Ranked as high as #6 last year, NY6 win over Oregon, beat Oklahoma(again) last year, made the Big12 Championship last year, preseason #7 this year, currently 14 even after a loss to a team with no offense. I’d say we are good. Notoriously bad in September under CMC, but we’ll be fine the rest of the year.

What’s your definition of good? Only the team who wins the national title? Or only the four who make the playoffs?

I didn’t say great, or elite. You’re an idiot if you don’t think Matt Campbell’s Iowa State is good.

Why are you talking about last year? You lost to Iowa and should have lost to a rebuilding Northern Iowa. What, specifically, is good about that?

RustShack 09-17-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15838264)
Why are you talking about last year? You lost to Iowa and should have lost to a rebuilding Northern Iowa. What, specifically, is good about that?

Because we have the same team as last year? And we start off slow every year? And September is irrelevant in December? Keep up kid.

Iowa State lost to Iowa while playing bad and mostly because of turnovers. Turnovers are easier to clean up than not being able to move the ball at all. Iowa is going to struggle in games their defense doesn’t score in.

RustShack 09-17-2021 05:16 PM

But by your definition Ohio State isn’t good right? Played a tight game with Minnesota(lol) then lost to Oregon?

RustShack 09-17-2021 05:22 PM

I really hope Iowa State and Kansas get invited to the B1G in the next few years. I can’t wait to play Iowa at the end of the season instead.

Mizzou_8541 09-17-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15837185)
Delusional MU fans are the best.

Lol! Enjoy your numerous level 5 violations. Thank god for KState being the flagship institution in the state of Kansas. True leadership and a real AD there.

KChiefs1 09-22-2021 03:27 PM

https://twitter.com/daniellibit/stat...541762048?s=21

https://www.sportico.com/leagues/col...1234640251/amp

Quote:

If money is power in college sports, then the Southeastern Conference was making its case for intercollegiate supremacy long before its recent poaching of Texas and Oklahoma.

The Birmingham, Ala.-based nonprofit has, over the last 15 years, steadily closed the annual revenue gap with the Indianapolis-headquartered NCAA. In the early 2000s, the SEC earned roughly a quarter of what the NCAA brought in, but in recent years the conference has pocketed almost two-thirds of NCAA revenue totals.

For the tax year between July 2018 and August 2019, the SEC generated $720 million, compared with the $1.12 billion in revenue claimed by the NCAA. The trend line has long suggested that the SEC would eventually overtake the NCAA (and the Big Ten) as the biggest-earning college sports organization in America.

Even before it gained its two Big 12 defectors, the SEC’s new TV deal with ESPN would alone have likely launched it into the NCAA’s 10-figure club by 2024. All this, despite the SEC having far less overhead and fewer liabilities. Last tax year, for example, the SEC employed a workforce less than 10% as large as the NCAA’s; the SEC has also avoided having to pay the mountainous legal and settlement fees that have eaten away at the association’s nest egg.

On the other side of the ledger, the SEC has found a far more diversified stream of revenue. Whereas the NCAA floats its enterprise on the broadcast rights to March Madness, the SEC has, in addition to its TV and radio deals, made steady gains in postseason event revenue and other opportunities. For the 2019 tax year, the SEC earned $210 million in postseason events, compared to just $89 million in 2010.

It’s perhaps no wonder why NCAA president Mark Emmert has recently endorsed the idea of college sports decentralizing and the association ceding much of its governing authority to conferences. He’s been earning about the same in annual compensation as SEC commissioner Greg Sankey—whose job creates far fewer headaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustShack 09-22-2021 05:33 PM

It would be cool if college football was like any other sport at any level where it had a real governing body and it wasn’t just up to the individual conferences. Like it should be the P5 under one banner. Similar to how the NFL gets paid out of media rights. Sure, you should make more for the more premium slots.

I just hope college football doesn’t collapse after it’s definitely peaked already.

Prison Bitch 09-22-2021 07:15 PM

Lol. If reeruns keep tuning in to see the same few teams dominate and one of them win the title every year, there’s no incentive to improve the sport

lawrenceRaider 09-23-2021 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 15838341)
Lol! Enjoy your numerous level 5 violations. Thank god for KState being the flagship institution in the state of Kansas. True leadership and a real AD there.

Proving my point. Thanks

Eleazar 09-23-2021 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 15849483)
It would be cool if college football was like any other sport at any level where it had a real governing body and it wasn’t just up to the individual conferences. Like it should be the P5 under one banner. Similar to how the NFL gets paid out of media rights. Sure, you should make more for the more premium slots.

I just hope college football doesn’t collapse after it’s definitely peaked already.

P4