ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

DaKCMan AP 09-25-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7938393)
LMAO, that shit team would curbstomp your guys. You are the most clueless troll on the board.

Seriously. A KU fan talking crap on a (as of yesterday) top-10 tean. LMAO

Bambi 09-25-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7938393)
LMAO, that shit team would curbstomp your guys. You are the most clueless troll on the board.

what?

I don't hear KU talking any shit.

They are a couple years from getting back to the BCS. Everyone knows that.

Bambi 09-25-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7938397)
Seriously. A KU fan talking crap on a (as of yesterday) top-10 tean. LMAO

Eh, your conference is taking in a sub par football program.

3-12 in the last 20 years in bowl games...

Stellar.

DaKCMan AP 09-25-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7938589)
Eh, your conference is taking in a sub par football program.

3-12 in the last 20 years in bowl games...

Stellar.

A program that will get better in a stronger conference not containing UT.

alnorth 09-25-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7938597)
A program that will get better in a stronger conference not containing UT.

I'm not convinced this is the case. We'll see how they look 6 or 7 years from now. This is all my hunch and opinion, not based on any scientific study. Anyway, my impression is:

Kids in the deep south and FL either stay in the deep south and FL or they want to go far away to CA or something. They don't often go to Texas. Kids in Texas either go to UT/OU, or they go to a Big 12 team with a chip on their shoulder to play against OU/UT. To a much lesser extent, some might grow up wanting to be Aggies, but Texas A&M wont be able to tap into that "I'll show those damned longhorns that they made a mistake" recruiting line anymore, now they play against deep south teams they never cared about, other than maybe Florida.

I wouldn't be surprised if by 2019 or so, Texas A&M sinks into an unremarkable football program. Not necessarily bad like Vandy or Kentucky, but not all that good either.

For all those issues, I do believe Texas A&M has a better chance to succeed in spite of all that than Mizzou, because at least they are in Texas and the pool may still be big enough without the UT rivalry. Missouri relies very heavily on Texas for their success. I don't see how the hell Missouri recruits in Texas if they are not in a conference with Texas, and no one worth a damn from, say Alabama and Mississippi wants to play in Missouri.

kstater 09-25-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7938853)
I wouldn't be surprised if by 2019 or so, Texas A&M sinks into an unremarkable football program. Not necessarily bad like Vandy or Kentucky, but not all that good either.

So about what they are now and what they've been? Let's not act like A&M has ever been great at football.

tk13 09-25-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7938853)
I'm not convinced this is the case. We'll see how they look 6 or 7 years from now. This is all my hunch and opinion, not based on any scientific study. Anyway, my impression is:

Kids in the deep south and FL either stay in the deep south and FL or they want to go far away to CA or something. They don't often go to Texas. Kids in Texas either go to UT/OU, or they go to a Big 12 team with a chip on their shoulder to play against OU/UT. To a much lesser extent, some might grow up wanting to be Aggies, but Texas A&M wont be able to tap into that "I'll show those damned longhorns that they made a mistake" recruiting line anymore, now they play against deep south teams they never cared about, other than maybe Florida.

For all those issues, I do believe Texas A&M has a better chance to succeed in spite of all that than Mizzou, because at least they are in Texas and the pool may still be big enough without the UT rivalry. Missouri relies very heavily on Texas for their success. I don't see how the hell Missouri recruits in Texas if they are not in a conference with Texas, and no one worth a damn from, say Alabama and Mississippi wants to play in Missouri.

You guys are basically grasping at straws at this point. If they were going to the Big East, that probably would have a lot of merit. But I can't get into the arguments from the other conferences that going to the SEC is going to hurt someone's recruiting. All they have to say is "the SEC sends more players to the NFL than any other conference." Blammo. I'm sure they might lose a kid here and there that really wants to play a lot of games in Texas, but it's not like elite high school kids are going to say "Pssht, I'm too good for the SEC."

alnorth 09-25-2011 12:20 PM

If I'm a Texas legislator representing College Station, I'd start lobbying my colleagues to pass a bill requiring UT and TA&M to play each other every year in football and basketball, just like they do in Iowa.

alnorth 09-25-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 7938888)
All they have to say is "the SEC sends more players to the NFL than any other conference."

That line doesn't work now because the SEC doesn't recruit well in Texas.

Texas A&M isn't going to open that door for them, and to the extent that a random odd Texas kid wants to play in the SEC, I believe that Mizzou would be pretty far down the list. The Tigers probably won't ever suck for a prolonged period of time because Missouri is a very large state with only one in-state BCS school, but it will be a little more difficult.

DaKCMan AP 09-25-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7938919)

Texas A&M isn't going to open that door for them, and to the extent that a random odd Texas kid wants to play in the SEC, I believe that Mizzou would be pretty far down the list. The Tigers probably won't ever suck for a prolonged period of time because Missouri is a very large state with only one in-state BCS school, but it will be a little more difficult.

Yes it will. They'll be able to say you can come play in the best conference, have the highest chance of getting drafted into the NFL, and now you'll have your games televised in Texas and get to play there in front of friends and family.

Titty Meat 09-25-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7938896)
If I'm a Texas legislator representing College Station, I'd start lobbying my colleagues to pass a bill requiring UT and TA&M to play each other every year in football and basketball, just like they do in Iowa.

Good thing you just play a know it all on the internet.

RustShack 09-25-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7938919)

LMAO

eazyb81 09-25-2011 02:42 PM

Looks like A&M to the SEC is now official or will be official shortly. Hopefully Mizzou makes a decision this week and we can all move forward.

@billyliucci
Billy Liucci
A&M to SEC? Sounds like the official announcement is (finally) coming today.

@billyliucci
Billy Liucci
A&M is now a member of THE nation's most prestigious and dominant league: The Southeastern Conference. A defining moment in Aggie history

mnchiefsguy 09-25-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7938583)
what?

I don't hear KU talking any shit.

They are a couple years from getting back to the BCS. Everyone knows that.

This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. KU a couple of years from the BCS? That is a full reerun statement if I have ever heard one.

Bambi 09-25-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 7939847)
This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. KU a couple of years from the BCS? That is a full reerun statement if I have ever heard one.

huh?

They were winning in the BCS less than 5 years ago.

Why can't they go win it again?