ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto What do you think my truck is worth? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339142)

MTG#10 07-21-2021 06:44 PM

What do you think my truck is worth?
 
I know this will get a bunch of the typical, unimaginative "nothing because it's a Ford" posts I'll have to weed through but just curious what you guys think I should value my truck at?

I've checked three different auto value sites, entered all the info I can and I'm getting anywhere from $13-17k. But obviously none of these let me add in the mods/upgrades I've done to it so it's hard for me to decide what I'd be comfortable taking for it. I dont need the money, I'm content on keeping it but it's kind of a waste just sitting in my garage.

TambaBerry 07-21-2021 06:46 PM

I'm gonna be straight with you the average person isn't going to care about the upgrades

mlyonsd 07-21-2021 06:47 PM

I have no idea but that is a pretty truck.

Superturtle 07-21-2021 06:50 PM

Tree fiddy

MTG#10 07-21-2021 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 15749873)
I'm gonna be straight with you the average person isn't going to care about the upgrades

And that's perfectly fine, like I said I dont have a time limit or even need to sell it. I have time to wait for someone who will appreciate what I've put into it. I'm not trying to get back all the money I have in it, but I'm not letting it go for $13k either.

stumppy 07-21-2021 06:54 PM

Wash that dirty engine off.

MTG#10 07-21-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 15749874)
I have no idea but that is a pretty truck.

Thanks! The plan was for a turbo but it can already get me into way too much trouble and almost has so I scrapped that idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 15749878)
Wash that dirty engine off.

How much hp do you think that'll add?

Kellerfox 07-21-2021 06:56 PM

As Tamba said, you aren't going to get much (if any) returns on your upgrades. In fact, if anything, the peeling paint is actually going to knock off value. That's something that someone is either going to have to pay to fix immediately or live with an "ugly" truck as it continues to flake away. You may know that the black paint is flawless, but it will be a big red flag as many wonder if it's sealed or will start to rust etc.

Personal opinion on value: I'd use KBB's private party sale price for "very good" condition with your mileage and subtract $500-1000 to account for paint.

BWillie 07-21-2021 06:59 PM

I would buy your truck for $1,500. I bet someone gives you 7k for it. But you are in SW Missouri where people really value trucks so maybe not.

MTG#10 07-21-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellerfox (Post 15749880)
As Tamba said, you aren't going to get much (if any) returns on your upgrades. In fact, if anything, the peeling paint is actually going to knock off value. That's something that someone is either going to have to pay to fix immediately or live with an "ugly" truck as it continues to flake away. You may know that the black paint is flawless, but it will be a big red flag as many wonder if it's sealed or will start to rust etc.

Personal opinion on value: I'd use KBB's private party sale price for "very good" condition with your mileage and subtract $500-1000 to account for paint.

Its not paint, its basically plastidip. It peels off easily, I just dont want to do it. KBB's was the highest estimate among the ones I checked though. And if I hold out for the right buyer, I think someone will appreciate the upgrades...especially after they test drive it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15749883)
I would buy your truck for $1,500. I bet someone gives you 7k for it. But you are in SW Missouri where people really value trucks so maybe not.

I've already had an offer for $13k.

TribalElder 07-21-2021 07:12 PM

check kbb.com

peel that plasti-dip off and sell it to carmax

trucks are always $$$

MTG#10 07-21-2021 07:19 PM

Maybe I should just convert it all back to stock and sell all of the aftermarket stuff separately, I still have all of the stock parts.

Superturtle 07-21-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15749899)
Maybe I should just convert it all back to stock and sell all of the aftermarket stuff separately, I still have all of the stock parts.

So you'd do that but not peel off that plasti-dip crap that's definitely diminishing the $$$ you're going to get?

Deberg_1990 07-21-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15749871)
I know this will get a bunch of the typical, unimaginative "nothing because it's a Ford" posts I'll have to weed through but just curious what you guys think I should value my truck at?

I've checked three different auto value sites, entered all the info I can and I'm getting anywhere from $13-17k. But obviously none of these let me add in the mods/upgrades I've done to it so it's hard for me to decide what I'd be comfortable taking for it. I dont need the money, I'm content on keeping it but it's kind of a waste just sitting in my garage.

https://springfield.craigslist.org/b...352894310.html

Whatever R8ers thinks itís worthÖ.

Miles 07-21-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15749899)
Maybe I should just convert it all back to stock and sell all of the aftermarket stuff separately, I still have all of the stock parts.

If trucks are much like sports cars in this regard mods will usually hurt the value.

I keep hearing carmax is paying well these days so might try them after you peel that stuff off your paint.

WhawhaWhat 07-21-2021 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15749875)
Tree fiddy

https://media3.giphy.com/media/zNbyR...giphy.gif&ct=v

MTG#10 07-21-2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15749907)
So you'd do that but not peel off that plasti-dip crap that's definitely diminishing the $$$ you're going to get?

It's going to be a big mess and will probably take longer than removing my mods...other than the gears.

MTG#10 07-21-2021 07:38 PM

Stupid thread, mods delete if you want. Not sure why I posted this when I already have the mindset of just keeping the damn thing and letting it sit unless I get an offer that wows me.

poolboy 07-21-2021 07:39 PM

nice truck, I like it

loochy 07-21-2021 07:39 PM

more than the decrepit single wide it's parked in front of


edit: I'm surprised you have an actual house


and FYI, mods and aftermarket typically devalue a vehicle

R8RFAN 07-21-2021 07:45 PM

go to kbb.com get value then click instant offer, enter phone number and wait for 5 people to call you, you will get what it's worth pretty fast

TribalElder 07-21-2021 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 15749928)
go to kbb.com get value then click instant offer, enter phone number and wait for 5 people to call you, you will get what it's worth pretty fast

This

smithandrew051 07-21-2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15749876)
And that's perfectly fine, like I said I dont have a time limit or even need to sell it. I have time to wait for someone who will appreciate what I've put into it. I'm not trying to get back all the money I have in it, but I'm not letting it go for $13k either.

If thatís the case, just list it for like $15k more than the minimum you would accept. Gives you room to negotiate and you might get blown away with an offer.

alpha_omega 07-21-2021 07:58 PM

I don’t know but used cars are a sellers market right now. Even dealerships are begging for decent used cars.

MTG#10 07-21-2021 08:02 PM

Just checked, there's no Carmax within 3 hours from me.

Rainbarrel 07-21-2021 08:04 PM

Pics need some subliminal messages in the background. That likely buyers would enjoy.

R8RFAN 07-21-2021 08:05 PM

I had a 2019 challenger
Dealership offered me 26.5k
Carvana Offered me 26.8 k
High Volume Used Car Dealer offered me 28k ( I sold it to them)
This is what they are selling it for
https://i.imgur.com/d9MxTFo.png

OKchiefs 07-21-2021 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 15749942)
I donít know but used cars are a sellers market right now. Even dealerships are begging for decent used cars.

This. I saw a 4 or 5 year old F150 online with nearly 100k miles with an asking price of around $28,000. My uninformed opinion is I would think you could get at least 20k for this if you got the paint situation cleared up.

Jewish Rabbi 07-21-2021 08:28 PM

I’d say $69,420

KCJake 07-21-2021 08:54 PM

I'm the sales manager at the local Ford store here. If that truck showed up at my lot tomorrow I'd cut you a check for 7 or 8 grand. Private party sale would prob bring 13k or so

big nasty kcnut 07-21-2021 08:55 PM

It should be like in the 19000 range the problem is you need to power wash your engine and truckbed. Look very dirty but other then that it about 19000.

MTG#10 07-21-2021 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJake (Post 15750016)
I'm the sales manager at the local Ford store here. If that truck showed up at my lot tomorrow I'd cut you a check for 7 or 8 grand. Private party sale would prob bring 13k or so

Corwin? They've already sent me countless offers in the mail ranging between 11000-12k. I dont even know how they got my info, I've been receiving those offers since long before I posted the ad.

I'll probably just end up holding onto it, doesn't sound like I'm going to get an offer worth it for me to sell.

Jewish Rabbi 07-21-2021 09:04 PM

How many payloads can it haul

SuperChief 07-21-2021 09:44 PM

Those swing-out tool boxes - let's make a deal for those babies.

Rain Man 07-21-2021 09:51 PM

In a post-apocalyptic world, a truck like this would be worth a ton: probably 500 rounds of ammunition, a virgin, and a box of Ding Dongs. In a post-apocalyptic world, Ding Dongs will be currency.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-21-2021 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 15749928)
go to kbb.com get value then click instant offer, enter phone number and wait for 5 people to call you, you will get what it's worth pretty fast

Heh, I plugged in a vehicle thats worth 4K and it told me my trade in value was $1105

What a joke.

hometeam 07-21-2021 10:14 PM

I mean if you really want me to put a real dollar value on your truck, I will buy it. Like you say yes and I'll stroke the check. PM me.

Jewish Rabbi 07-21-2021 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 15750076)
I mean if you really want me to put a real dollar value on your truck, I will buy it. Like you say yes and I'll stroke the check. PM me.

Iíll give you something to stroke

Fish 07-21-2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15749885)
Its not paint, its basically plastidip. It peels off easily, I just dont want to do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15749920)
It's going to be a big mess and will probably take longer than removing my mods...other than the gears.

:shrug:

Dunerdr 07-22-2021 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15749920)
It's going to be a big mess and will probably take longer than removing my mods...other than the gears.

a good coat of wd-40 really softens that stuff up. I did the grill of a jeep in about 30 minutes with a power washer.

MTG#10 07-22-2021 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15750081)
:shrug:

It's not difficult, just time consuming and very messy.

RollChiefsRoll 07-22-2021 06:11 AM

Nothing because it’s a Ford.

lewdog 07-22-2021 06:34 AM

You’re an outlier.

99% of those who plastidip their cars live in trailers.

Bugeater 07-22-2021 06:49 AM

Couple things...if I don't see a price in an ad...I move on. And for ****'s sake either clean up that engine bay or delete the pic of it.



I do like the paint color tho.

MTG#10 07-22-2021 07:03 AM

Took some advice and edited last paragraph/deleted engine bay pic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15750179)
You’re an outlier.

99% of those who plastidip their cars live in trailers.

99% of quoted statistics are made up on the spot.

Dayze 07-22-2021 07:05 AM

total up what you paid for the upgrades; then shave off about 85%; then add that figure to the auto valuation sites are giving you. ; I would say that's the ball park.


upgrades / modes; are effectively just lighting money on fire when you put them on.

I'm not giving you shit/grief; as a motorcycle guy myself, all of the mods or upgrades I've done are things I never saw a return on ; ...and didn't really expect to. Maybe a slight value add for the right buyer but overall, it's nothing in the grand scheme.

If you can find the right buyer for your truck that is willing to pay a little extra for all the mods he/she already likes and would've done anyway.. then you could probably get a few more bucks.

MTG#10 07-22-2021 07:10 AM

What I'm gathering the most here is I might as well return everything to stock and sell the mods separately.

tooge 07-22-2021 07:12 AM

Thats a good looking truck. I don't know what it's worth, but with only 80K miles, it'd be north of $10K I'd think. Hell, I have 85K on my 2017. Look on ebay motors and see what F150's with similar mileage, year etc are going for and price it accordingly.

Dayze 07-22-2021 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15750199)
What I'm gathering the most here is I might as well return everything to stock and sell the mods separately.

If you 've got the time; don't need to sell etc... that's what I would do if you still have the stock parts.

that's what I did on a couple of harleys; put all the stock crap back on and sold the aftermarket. probably got about 60% of my cash back, instead of virtually none of it keeping it on the bikes.

Bugeater 07-22-2021 07:13 AM

I don't know if it makes a big difference, but i never photograph my cars in the driveway. However, it is always best to photograph at dawn or dusk when the sun is low in the sky, the color comes out better without the harsh sun glare.

https://i.imgur.com/G8Qshm2.jpg

Dayze 07-22-2021 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 15750201)
Thats a good looking truck. I don't know what it's worth, but with only 80K miles, it'd be north of $10K I'd think. Hell, I have 85K on my 2017. Look on ebay motors and see what F150's with similar mileage, year etc are going for and price it accordingly.

yeah man; for real, it's a clean nice looking truck.

11Chiefs 07-22-2021 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15749947)
Just checked, there's no Carmax within 3 hours from me.

They are building one off 65 and maybe Division. Somewhere over there.

Lzen 07-22-2021 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15750203)
I don't know if it makes a big difference, but i never photograph my cars in the driveway. However, it is always best to photograph at dawn or dusk when the sun is low in the sky, the color comes out better without the harsh sun glare.

https://i.imgur.com/G8Qshm2.jpg

Good looking truck. If I was in the market for a newer model pickup, I might be interested in something like that. But I like my old 03 F150. And it still only has about 130k.

Bug, just curious, why do you never take pictures in your driveway?

FlaChief58 07-22-2021 08:29 AM

Has anyone farted on the back seats?

ptlyon 07-22-2021 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaChief58 (Post 15750256)
Has anyone ****ed on the back seats?

FYP

Bugeater 07-22-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 15750210)
Good looking truck. If I was in the market for a newer model pickup, I might be interested in something like that. But I like my old 03 F150. And it still only has about 130k.

Bug, just curious, why do you never take pictures in your driveway?

Because for one, I think it just makes the ad look lazy. And I also don't want distractions in the background, I only want a potential buyer to think about the vehicle and the places they can go and things they can do with it, not where I live or anything else.

stumppy 07-22-2021 09:03 AM

Would you trade for a Nissan Pathfinder?:D

R8RFAN 07-22-2021 09:16 AM

Have you tried Carvana? They will bring the truck and the check at the same time and you don't have to do shit. I think you will get more at a Used Car superstore type place that sells only better quality used stuff. Or maybe try Vroom

kstater 07-22-2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15750179)
Youíre an outlier.

99% of those who plastidip their cars live in trailers.

Yeah but are you really surprised he dipped it?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

scho63 07-22-2021 02:41 PM

Need to sell your truck due to bad stock investments?

MTG#10 07-22-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 15750857)
Need to sell your truck due to bad stock investments?

Pshhh wanna post your portfolio? I already have, put up or shut up.

R8RFAN 07-22-2021 07:29 PM

What do you think my new car is worth?

https://i.imgur.com/wJgWyJj.jpg

Peter Gibbons 07-22-2021 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 15751274)
What do you think my new car is worth?

https://i.imgur.com/wJgWyJj.jpg

99% less than before it was savagely defaced with vulgar images.

lewdog 07-22-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 15751274)
What do you think my new car is worth?

https://i.imgur.com/wJgWyJj.jpg

Still a weak V6?

MVChiefFan 07-23-2021 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 15751274)
What do you think my new car is worth?

https://i.imgur.com/wJgWyJj.jpg

Your Carr sucks!

morphius 07-23-2021 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 15751274)
What do you think my new car is worth?

https://i.imgur.com/wJgWyJj.jpg

The giant sword makes it look like you are over compensating for something.

Jewish Rabbi 07-23-2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 15751274)
What do you think my new car is worth?

https://i.imgur.com/wJgWyJj.jpg

Is this going to magically turn into your wifeís car too after we start shitting on it?

Nickhead 07-23-2021 11:27 PM

do you provide free shipping? :D

Pablo 07-24-2021 05:46 AM

That car is gayer than billay in a truckstop bathroom.

EPodolak 07-24-2021 09:28 PM

Abandoned there, is it?

Probably will be towed several times over its history.

kccrow 07-25-2021 06:19 AM

Get that dip peeled off and you can sell it for the top end all day. Trucks are selling at an unreasonable rate right now because of the chip shortage.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.