ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Anything you won’t buy online? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323873)

mr. tegu 07-12-2019 12:47 PM

Anything you won’t buy online?

I saw a commercial for Carvana and it was talking about well they are doing. I would never buy a new car online and just have it delivered. It got me thinking what other items wouldn’t be good for online purchases. Without including store shopping and comparing then buying online for something simple like a game or something, what are some things you wouldn’t buy online?

DaFace 07-12-2019 12:49 PM

I think I'd rather buy a car online than have to deal with a dealership, frankly. So generally...no. Can't think of much I wouldn't purchase online.

burt 07-12-2019 12:51 PM

Meh, nothing new. I just sold a 12 Explorer to a family in Indianapolis. They have never seen, not drove it. I took extra care to send detailed pics of all blemishes, so they wouldn't be surprised. THEY arranged a car hauler.

burt 07-12-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14345320)
I think I'd rather buy a car online than have to deal with a dealership, frankly. So generally...no. Can't think of much I wouldn't purchase online.

Clothing. And damn, DaFace, not all dealerships are nerve wrecking!!!

DaFace 07-12-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 14345324)
Clothing. And damn, DaFace, not all dealerships are nerve wrecking!!!

I'm a shit negotiator. Every time I buy a car, I pretty much always feel like I got ripped off. I'd much rather just be able to review my options and pick the one I want at the price listed.

Even clothing isn't bad, fwiw. You just have to make sure you get free returns. It's not uncommon for my wife to buy like $250 worth of stuff on Amazon and return all but $50 of it after she's tried it on.

Eleazar 07-12-2019 12:57 PM

Cars are basically commodities that you can spec out however you want and you know exactly what you're getting. Plus they have very long warranties compared to anything else you can buy, I wouldn't be concerned about that.

mr. tegu 07-12-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14345320)

Even without sitting in one and test driving it? I can understand a used car for sure because options might be more limited in your area but a new car with that amount of money spent I definitely need to try it out.

mr. tegu 07-12-2019 01:07 PM

Anything you won’t buy online?

I was also recently looking at shoes online and just couldn’t commit. I know returns are generally easy and everything but without trying it on I just didn’t feel good about purchasing any. It was a good thing because once I finally found the pair in a store they were really uncomfortable for me. If it was a similar pair or something I’m used to I’d probably be fine with it though.

MTG#10 07-12-2019 01:11 PM

Clothes and groceries are the only things I won't buy online. I've never had an issue with shoes fitting but every time I've ever tried to buy shirts or pants they never fit right.

WhawhaWhat 07-12-2019 01:13 PM

Hookers.

wutamess 07-12-2019 01:15 PM

I've purchased my current car online Used at the time and had it delivered. It was under warranty when I bought it. Still driving it.

2010 Buick Lacrosse (bought in 2011).

Bob Dole 07-12-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 14345361)
I was also recently looking at shoes online and just couldn’t commit. I know returns are generally easy and everything but without trying it on I just didn’t feel good about purchasing any. It was a good thing because once I finally found the pair in a store they were really uncomfortable for me. If it was a similar pair or something I’m used to I’d probably be fine with it though.

I’ve got some jacked up feet, so the only footwear i’ll Buy online is river sandals.

Hammock Parties 07-12-2019 01:43 PM

Star subscription

TribalElder 07-12-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 14345315)
I saw a commercial for Carvana and it was talking about well they are doing. I would never buy a new car online and just have it delivered. It got me thinking what other items wouldn’t be good for online purchases. Without including store shopping and comparing then buying online for something simple like a game or something, what are some things you wouldn’t buy online?

I thought the same thing. I had a friend buy a car from carvana. He saved 2-3k based on what other places were asking for the same car + fees. The gimmicky vending machine thing is lame but they did free delivery. He was able to take it and return it within 7 days if it sucked.

I found their prices to be a bit lower than other dealerships as well. I wouldn't be opposed to buying a car through them myself if I found the right car.

Graystoke 07-12-2019 01:47 PM

Groceries. I don't want some freak picking out my bananas