ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Offseason Planet Evaluation: Kevin Pierre-Louis (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313449)

Rain Man 01-23-2018 04:35 PM

Chiefs Offseason Planet Evaluation: Kevin Pierre-Louis

We pronounce part of his last name as "Lewis", but to be consistent with the Pierre part, I think it should be pronounced "Louie". But that's just my opinion.

What do you think of our DJ Alexander wormhole portal twin?

Kevin played in 14 games this year (no starts), with 25 tackles, 12 assists, and 2 passes defensed.

The Franchise 01-23-2018 04:44 PM

B-
Slightly exceeded my expectations
Slightly larger
Ascending
4th round pick

DaneMcCloud 01-23-2018 04:48 PM

B+
Greatly exceeded my expectations
Slightly larger
Ascending
4th round pick
Romania

The trade was a bit shocking, as DJA was coming off a Pro Bowl for Special Teams and looked really good at ILB during the Pro Bowl.

But KPL was just as good on Special Teams and was at times, a difference maker in the middle. I could see them moving forward with him as a starter next to Ragland this season.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-23-2018 05:07 PM

Seemed like he was always trailing a receiver by 4 yards. I really hate him when he was on the field.

Rain Man 01-23-2018 05:26 PM

I'm still unsure of that trade. KPL played more than DJ Alexander did, but I didn't come away thinking that he's a better player. They're listed at virtually the same size, but I felt like DJA was a much harder hitter. KPL seems to play more like a big safety in my book.

I think they got him because they're more interested in pass defense than run defense, and I agree with that concept. However, right now I see KPL as just a placeholder.

Rain Man 01-23-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad (Post 13378690)
Seemed like he was always trailing a receiver by 4 yards. I really hate him when he was on the field.

That's kind of my impression, too. Not fast enough to be a safety, not big enough to be a linebacker. He makes me shrug in resignation.

ModSocks 01-23-2018 05:30 PM

Wasn't impressed and don't get the hype. Looked like an athlete out there for sure, but he was often in the wrong place, i thought he lacked aggression and "instinct".

Not a bad player, but he shouldn't be starting.

Rasputin 01-23-2018 05:46 PM

I-think-he-did-a good-job-for-the-most-part-I-give-him-a-B-

Hydrae 01-23-2018 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13378726)
Wasn't impressed and don't get the hype. Looked like an athlete out there for sure, but he was often in the wrong place, i thought he lacked aggression and "instinct".

This. The only reason I voted to see less of him next year is that I am hopeful we can do better. Don't think it will be too hard.

ClevelandBronco 01-23-2018 07:49 PM

With a name like that, may I assume he’s your goalie?

Rain Man 01-23-2018 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 13378923)
With a name like that, may I assume he’s your goalie?

He's also our translator for Laurent Duvernay-Tardif.

ThaVirus 01-23-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13378726)

Absolutely. He could have saved us all a lot of heartache by laying out Mariota before he could catch his own TD pass.

loochy 01-24-2018 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13378721)
That's kind of my impression, too. Not fast enough to be a safety, not big enough to be a linebacker. He makes me shrug in resignation.

So he's a French black Sorenson?

Meh, better than Zombo though...not big enough to be a safety and not strong enough to be a safety (but he's a LB)

Danguardace 01-24-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

Wha?

loochy 01-24-2018 08:04 AM

Quote:

He's clearly no Justin Houston in coverage.
Posted via Mobile Device