ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Belcher 911 tapes released (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267396)

petegz28 12-05-2012 01:59 PM

Belcher 911 tapes released

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9894--nfl.html

ForeverChiefs58 12-05-2012 02:10 PM

I posted this earlier this morning in the "Jovan Belcher was one sick son of B****" thread

petegz28 12-05-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 9182881)
I posted this earlier this morning in the "Jovan Belcher was one sick son of B****" thread

Sorry...

ForeverChiefs58 12-05-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9182884)
Sorry...

No biggie, not sure if anyone even saw it there.

HonestChieffan 12-05-2012 02:47 PM

Comon Pete for damn

threebag 12-05-2012 05:17 PM

Pete strikes again...

007 12-05-2012 07:40 PM

Yeah, like I'm digging all through that thread to find the post with the 911 tapes. You guys that get all butthurt about "reposts" can be very annoying at times.

Personally, I like it better having new thread with new information rather than one thread for the dumping grounds.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-05-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9183636)
Yeah, like I'm digging all through that thread to find the post with the 911 tapes. You guys that get all butthurt about "reposts" can be very annoying at times.

Personally, I like it better having new thread with new information rather than one thread for the dumping grounds.

Thanks pete. I stopped looking at the other thread a long time ago.

ForeverChiefs58 12-05-2012 07:44 PM

Transcript:

Dispatcher: You did the right thing. [Simultaneous talking] We need the address.

Caller: The address is [redacted]. Yes. Please get the ambulance here. Please. [redacted] Oh God, Kasi.

Dispatcher: We have a shooting at [redacted]. it sounds like. Ma'am, her name is [redacted]? Is it an apartment?

Caller: It's a house! [Inaudible] Please hurry!

Dispatcher: Ma'am? Let me see if I can help you. Are you with the baby now? [Simultaneous talking] We're on the way. We've been on the way the whole time. How old is the patient?
Caller: 22.

Dispatcher: Male or female?

Caller: Female.

Dispatcher: Is she breathing?

Caller: She's still breathing but barely. Please hurry. I don't know how many times he shot her. They were arguing.

Dispatcher: So she's been shot?

Caller: Yes. (To victim) The ambulance is on the way! You hear me? You hear this? Fight!

Dispatcher: Is she awake? Does she hear what you're saying?

Caller: Yes. She's moving when I talk to her.

Dispatcher: Is she bleeding?

Caller: Yes, she is. (baby crying in background)

Dispatcher: Where is she bleeding from?

Caller: I can't tell - in the back, it looks like.

Dispatcher: OK. We don't want - Go ahead. Where is your son at?

Caller: (Inaudible) Just get the ambulance here, please.

Dispatcher: We're on the way. Where is your son at?

Caller: He left.

Dispatcher: He left?

Caller: Yes.

Dispatcher: OK, they were arguing and he shot her?

Caller: Yes, yes, they were arguing.

Dispatcher: OK. What's your son's name?

Caller: [Redacted] Please just get the ambulance here.

Dispatcher: Ma'am...

Caller: I have to get the baby.

Dispatcher: What kind of car did your son leave in? Or is he on foot? ... Sounds like she disconnected. She doesn't want to answer questions. Ma'am, are you there? ... Ma'am?

Shortly afterward, a call came from Arrowhead Stadium, where Belcher had apparently already committed suicide.

Partial Transcript:

Caller: Hello. We need a Code One ambulance although they think he's probably dead.
Number 1 Arrowhead Drive - that's the practice field at the Chiefs Stadium. It's a self-inflicted shooting. It's a done deal. They've got a player that shot himself.

Dispatcher: A player?

Caller: Yeah.

Dispatcher: What parking lot?

Caller: They still need you.

Dispatcher: We're on our way.

Audio: http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Arx5b_6...r911call1a.mp3

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9894--nfl.html

wazu 12-05-2012 08:41 PM

Anybody know why it is that 911 releases these calls?

Sofa King 12-05-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9183813)

because they're assholes.

Iowanian 12-05-2012 08:58 PM

Holy crap.

I can definitely tell I know one of the dispatchers.

DaFace 12-05-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 9182892)
No biggie, not sure if anyone even saw it there.

Yeah, I'm a strong believer that reposts don't count if the original post is in the middle of a mega thread.

Mother****erJones 12-05-2012 09:02 PM

This was gut wrenching. Wish i never listened

DaFace 12-05-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9183868)
This was gut wrenching. Wish i never listened

The transcript was plenty for me.

DaFace 12-05-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

I've always assumed that they're required to release things like that upon request since it's a public service, but I could be wrong.

Reerun_KC 12-05-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9183880)
I've always assumed that they're required to release things like that upon request since it's a public service, but I could be wrong.

Freedom of information act?

petegz28 12-05-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9183877)
The transcript was plenty for me.

Same. I never listened to the audio.

DaneMcCloud 12-05-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

:shake:

DaneMcCloud 12-05-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 9183818)
because they're assholes.

Riiiight

I'mAlwaysRight 12-06-2012 02:41 AM

Never heard the audio, skipped over the transcript. I'm sure it's awful and gut-wrenching, but what's the point? If I ever have to call 911, I hope it isn't released as entertainment, or to boost a news outlet's ratings.

Abba-Dabba 12-06-2012 03:28 AM

Eh, the calls weren't that bad. They just gave me an even firmer belief that Belcher was a sorry ass eat a bag o dicks scum sucking killer. Anyone caught memorializing his death should face public ridicule(let's start with dumbass Bowe). He is an individual, that by his own words point to a person that had lost touch with reality. It wasn't okay for the mother of his infant child to talk to him a certain way but it was perfectly okay for him go out and **** other women behind his victims back as if he didn't answer to anyone.

He is not a Chief. He is a not a good father. He is not a good man. He is not deserving of any respect. He is a cold blooded killer, period. When push came to shove was too chickenshit to face the punishment of his actions. So he took the easy way out by killing himself when he knew the police were coming for him. **** Belcher! And **** anyone who says otherwise.

Raiderhater58 12-06-2012 03:37 AM

and what number did I pick for my STH jersey... yup you guessed it #59. Had nothing to do with Belcher, or Donnie Edwards, wanted a linebackerish # and really loathe seeing #58 with any other name beside D.Thomas. So now Im stuck with 59.

AussieChiefsFan 12-06-2012 04:00 AM

so sad

Rasputin 12-06-2012 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 9184512)
Eh, the calls weren't that bad. They just gave me an even firmer belief that Belcher was a sorry ass eat a bag o dicks scum sucking killer. Anyone caught memorializing his death should face public ridicule(let's start with dumbass Bowe). He is an individual, that by his own words point to a person that had lost touch with reality. It wasn't okay for the mother of his infant child to talk to him a certain way but it was perfectly okay for him go out and **** other women behind his victims back as if he didn't answer to anyone.

He is not a Chief. He is a not a good father. He is not a good man. He is not deserving of any respect. He is a cold blooded killer, period. When push came to shove was too chickenshit to face the punishment of his actions. So he took the easy way out by killing himself when he knew the police were coming for him. **** Belcher! And **** anyone who says otherwise.

It's easy for us to sit here and judge the players for how they deal with this say the way Bowe is. Altho I ask you if it was your brother who did this how would you feel about him? I think he chooses to block out what he did as it was a shock and an unthinkable act he doesn't want to accept as reality. Time may change that for him but as for right now he just doesn't want to accept it as that was his friend and teamate. I'm not going to ridicule them for how they deal with it. They were all traumatized by the situation & need to be able to grieve to get over it. Maybe Bowe is a Dumbass to wear a Javan T-shirt tho.

Abba-Dabba 12-06-2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9184525)
It's easy for us to sit here and judge the players for how they deal with this say the way Bowe is. Altho I ask you if it was your brother who did this how would you feel about him? I think he chooses to block out what he did as it was a shock and an unthinkable act he doesn't want to accept as reality. Time may change that for him but as for right now he just doesn't want to accept it as that was his friend and teamate. I'm not going to ridicule them for how they deal with it. They were all traumatized by the situation & need to be able to grieve to get over it. Maybe Bowe is a Dumbass to wear a Javan T-shirt tho.

I would treat my brother like any other murderer. Lock him up and throw away the key. Taking of a life that is posing no threat to your own is inexcusable on any level. Teammate or brother doesn't matter. Actions do.

Grieve for a murderer? How does one grieve for a murderer? Try to explain that with an ounce of compassion to their victims. Belcher committed the worst of human acts. Killing of another human being. His memory doesn't deserve grieving. Period.

Rasputin 12-06-2012 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 9184532)
I would treat my brother like any other murderer. Lock him up and throw away the key. Taking of a life that is posing no threat to your own is inexcusable on any level. Teammate or brother doesn't matter. Actions do.

Grieve for a murderer? How does one grieve for a murderer? Try to explain that with an ounce of compassion to their victims. Belcher committed the worst of human acts. Killing of another human being. His memory doesn't deserve grieving. Period.

You are absolutely right. That doesn't change that they all were traumatized & I'm sure reality hasn't all sunk into them yet. I like Bowe a lot but he is a nieve individual and probly doesn't get it that way. I don't blame him for not wanting to accept the truth and I don't think he wants to accept the truth, not his fault as that is too much at this point. He still has a right to grieve over losing what he thought of as a friend not to say that Belcher wasn't a murderer wich is true. That part is what is hard for him to accept I'm sure. Unless you have the same thing happen to you you can't put yourself in thier shoes to judge.

Abba-Dabba 12-06-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9184541)
You are absolutely right. That doesn't change that they all were traumatized & I'm sure reality hasn't all sunk into them yet. I like Bowe a lot but he is a nieve individual and probly doesn't get it that way. I don't blame him for not wanting to accept the truth and I don't think he wants to accept the truth, not his fault as that is too much at this point. He still has a right to grieve over losing what he thought of as a friend not to say that Belcher wasn't a murderer wich is true. That part is what is hard for him to accept I'm sure. Unless you have the same thing happen to you you can't put yourself in thier shoes to judge.

Bowe should know better than to do what he did. I would be surprised if all of those guys were not told to stay away from anything that publically expresses sympathy for that killer. And that is exactly what Bowe didn't do. He expressed sympathy for a person that took the life of another human being that was not any threat to them. Friend or not, teammate or rival. Murderers don't deserve grieving for their death.

In the past year I was friends, and still am with many of his family members of a person that was shot and killed by Wichita Police for his actions. And my feelings were the same for him. No sympathy.

Iowanian 12-06-2012 12:45 PM

I know someone who did something similar to this.

I took the same opinion I have with Belcher. It was a shit thing to do to the child, it was a shit thing to do to his family and friends, it was a shit thing to do to the mother of his child. I chose not to mourn that person. Others however, went and did things like get tattoos and treated it like they both died in a tragic accident. Didn't get it then and I don't get it now.

DLand21 12-06-2012 12:47 PM

terrible

Deberg_1990 12-06-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9183880)

It was mentioned in the Star the other day that Missouri is a state that doesn’t require release of 911 tapes. If that’s the case my guess is "Sensationalism"

Rain Man 12-06-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mAlwaysRight (Post 9184499)
Never heard the audio, skipped over the transcript. I'm sure it's awful and gut-wrenching, but what's the point? If I ever have to call 911, I hope it isn't released as entertainment, or to boost a news outlet's ratings.

Agreed. It should be public information, but at the same time it's a low-class thing for the media to do in releasing it. It's purely for public titillation.

BIG_DADDY 12-06-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

This is probably inappropriate considering it has nothing to do with Belcher but it does have everything to do with what you posted. We live in a society where anybody thinks they can do anything to anyone else without any consequences and that's OK. Well they are wrong. If you push somebody hard enough and unfairly enough and do enough bad things to them or the one's they love especially if they are not stable you just might pay the ultimate price. Off the top of my head I can think of several people who have deserved just that.

lewdog 12-06-2012 06:37 PM

I shouldn't have listened to that. That shit just creeps me out.

I will be happy to wakeup tomorrow and go to work.

TLO 12-07-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9183636)

This

Saul Good 12-07-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Grieving isn't just about the people who died. It's about the loss experienced by the people who live. If my dad shot someone in a fit of rage and then shot himself, it would make him a murderer, but I would still grieve the loss off my father.

Up until that point, I would have had a good man as a father in my life. Afterwards, that would be missing. I would feel a profound sense of loss even though he would have done something horrible.