ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV If you're not watching Supernatural... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200898)

keg in kc 01-23-2009 03:08 AM

If you're not watching Supernatural...

...you should be.

Last night's episode, entitled "Criss Angel is a Douche Bag" (seriously) was awesome (other notable titles this season included "Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester", "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester" and "I Know What You Did Last Summer" which was one of the best eps of the series).

The entire season has been terrific. No bullshit, the show is delivering week after week after week, it's really hitting for me like the X-Files did during it's mid-run peak. It's not like anything else on television, much less anything on the CW. It delivers drama, it delivers emotion, it delivers horror, it delivers subtle comedy. I'm not sure it isn't one of the 2 or 3 best shows on all of television right now. Seriously. It's that good. Give it a look sometime if you haven't already.

Fish 01-23-2009 10:08 AM

OK... you've peaked my interest. I'll check it out....

Thanks.

jidar 01-23-2009 10:25 AM

piqued

Fish 01-23-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jidar (Post 5418025)
piqued

Yes. That one too....

Taco John 01-23-2009 12:45 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

wilas101 01-23-2009 02:33 PM

My wife and daughter watch it religiously. I watched last night simply because they used douche bag in the title and it made me chuckle.

then much to my juvenile delight they kept calling people douche bags during the show as well.

good fun :)

KcMizzou 03-03-2009 06:45 PM

I've been watching this again. I'm about 6 episodes into season 2. (Seems better than season 1) Cool show.

I want that car.

KcMizzou 03-03-2009 06:58 PM

I did catch the wishing well episode last week (I think)...

The suicidal living teddy bear was awesome.

Nightwish 03-03-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5552251)
I did catch the wishing well episode last week (I think)...

The suicidal living teddy bear was awesome.

That episode aired in November. It's been in reruns since the first week of February, but new episodes resume a week from Thursday! Woohoo! One of my top five shows on TV!

My weekly must-see, in no particular order:

Battlestar Galactica
Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
Ghost Whisperer (yeah, I know, chick tv, but I like it)
Supernatural
Smallville
Heroes
Chuck
Knight Rider (kinda weak, but I still have to watch it, because Deanna Russo and Smith Cho are hotttt!!!)
Reaper, Sanctuary and Eureka (once they start up again; Reaper tonight!)

keg in kc 03-03-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5552214)
I've been watching this again. I'm about 6 episodes into season 2. (Seems better than season 1) Cool show.

I want that car.

Season 3 was a step up from season 2 and season 4 has been as good as anything on TV. The midseason episodes (I know what you did last summer/heaven and hell) the best episodes of any show I've seen this year.

It's on CW so everybody thinks it's 90210 with ghosts, but it's about as close to the X-Files that any show has gotten, with more humor and (I think) a better rapport between the main characters.

Season 5 just got picked up thankfully.

Frazod 03-03-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwish (Post 5552266)
That episode aired in November. It's been in reruns since the first week of February, but new episodes resume a week from Thursday! Woohoo! One of my top five shows on TV!

My weekly must-see, in no particular order:

Battlestar Galactica
Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
Ghost Whisperer (yeah, I know, chick tv, but I like it)
Supernatural
Smallville
Heroes
Chuck
Knight Rider (kinda weak, but I still have to watch it, because Deanna Russo and Smith Cho are hotttt!!!)
Reaper, Sanctuary and Eureka (once they start up again; Reaper tonight!)

Unless you immediately swear out an affidavit professing that you ONLY watch that show because you enjoy staring at JLH's rack, I will be forced to confiscate your man card.

:mad:

KcMizzou 03-03-2009 08:06 PM

Heheh... loved the end of "The Usual Suspects" (featuring Linda Blair)

"Nice Lady."

"Yeah, for a cop. Hey, she look familiar to you?"

"Not really, why?"

"I dunno. Anyway, are you hungry?"

"Yeah, for some reason I could really go for some pea soup."

underEJ 03-04-2009 04:56 PM

I am a pretty serious television snob. I mostly watch cable shows like HBO/Showtime shows or Mad Men on AMC and Rescue Me on FX, but I love Supernatural. On network tv, it's pretty far up on the list. I'd say top 5, and seems to get better every season.

I had been thinking that cable shows are better because they don't have such a long season to water down content, but then Supernatural is 22 episode network style and doesn't seem to have a problem keeping the quality up.

KcMizzou 03-08-2009 09:53 PM

Ugh... Just finished episode 17 of season two. I don't know if any of you fans remember that one. (werewolf episode)

Damned ending nearly made me cry. (Sam's decision + Silent Lucidity... :()

That plus "Tall Tales", which was hilarious... the show really does improve as it goes on.

Bowser 03-08-2009 10:36 PM

Great. ANOTHER show I need to start watching. I need a job in those control groups they let just sit around and watch TV. I would own at that job.

KcMizzou 03-08-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5567161)
Great. ANOTHER show I need to start watching. I need a job in those control groups they let just sit around and watch TV. I would own at that job.

Like my grandma used to say...

After me, you're first.

keg in kc 03-09-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5567161)

I need a 50/50 job, half video game, half TV.

keg in kc 03-14-2009 10:58 PM

Thursday's episode was really good. They're on a hell of a pace this season.

keg in kc 05-14-2009 03:01 PM

Trio of clips from tonight's season finale.

[grumble]Hopefully channel 9 doesn't preempt it so Bryan Busby can do coverage of some storm a gazillion miles away.[/grumble]

Watch it, people!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HcOs5k-kvEE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HcOs5k-kvEE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

keg in kc 05-14-2009 08:53 PM

Holy shit.

keg in kc 09-25-2009 11:10 PM

Season 5 started okay, decent episodes but felt a little off somehow. Thursday's was great, though, and the direction they're going towards the end of the series is friggin awesome.

Chieficus 09-27-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6110132)
Season 5 started okay, decent episodes but felt a little off somehow. Thursday's was great, though, and the direction they're going towards the end of the series is friggin awesome.

The only thing that's really bugged me about the show of late is that I think last season and the start of this season, they over-played the "let's end the show with a Sam/Dean brother pity party" card.

I am interested in seeing just how far they take the brother-antagonism, though. Having it set up so that Dean is the vessel for the arch-angel and Sam, supposidly, is the vessel for satan does set up some interesting senarios: will they take it to an actual battle between the two, or will the two fight and resist to the end and still come out victorious. (or, I guess the third option: the world ends in a giant fireball...)

Chieficus 10-01-2009 09:17 PM

Okay, tonight's was a pretty cool episode (gotta love having a present Dean and a future Dean with the present calling the future a dick--it's a perfect thing for his character to do).

And you knew they had to bring the Winchester Bro's back together into the same scenes again... but at least, whatever happens now, we got a small taste of Sam as the devil (white suit from head to toe to match)...

Next weeks looks to be one of the season's dark comedy infused episodes Supernatural has to have at least 2 or 3 times each year. Which, given past results, should be good...

KurtCobain 05-12-2010 03:20 AM

This has got to be one of my favorite shows of all time, I love everything about it. The plot never dissapoints, the humor hits me right on the spot, and the music pulls the show together. Usually, when I find a plot I'm interested in, the actors can't pull it off, but the actors are terriffic in this one! I'm absolutely crushed it's almost over. I just started watching a couple of months ago(re-runs on TNT and DVDs) and the last episode is thursday. I'm really stoked and I hope it doesn't let me down.

And I really hope this isn't the last season.

Ebolapox 05-12-2010 03:45 AM

they've signed on for a sixth season. also, note that they haven't really done much of anything with all of the open plotpoints via the apocalypse. the antichrist? yeah, he's off doing whatever the hell it is that he do. slugfest between brothers (sam/dean, lucifer/michael). god doesn't care what goes on--there has to be more to that plotline than they've shown so far.

I'm a bit disappointed in this season--they could've done SO much more with the ****ing apocalypse. but, it hasn't been HORRIBLE by any means... just a bit less than I was expecting.

KurtCobain 05-12-2010 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 6752766)
they've signed on for a sixth season. also, note that they haven't really done much of anything with all of the open plotpoints via the apocalypse. the antichrist? yeah, he's off doing whatever the hell it is that he do. slugfest between brothers (sam/dean, lucifer/michael). god doesn't care what goes on--there has to be more to that plotline than they've shown so far.

I'm a bit disappointed in this season--they could've done SO much more with the ****ing apocalypse. but, it hasn't been HORRIBLE by any means... just a bit less than I was expecting.

Isn't this the sixth season?

I could say I was a bit disappointed by this season, but as it's gone on I've grown to appreciate it more. I figure this is their own twist on the apocalypse. And I'm fine with God not giving a rat's ass, because if he did he would just end it all with his mightiness and bam, no show. They could've done much more, and before watching this season my imagination ran wild, but I'm cool with it and excited for Thursday.

Ebolapox 05-13-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 6752768)
Isn't this the sixth season?

I could say I was a bit disappointed by this season, but as it's gone on I've grown to appreciate it more. I figure this is their own twist on the apocalypse. And I'm fine with God not giving a rat's ass, because if he did he would just end it all with his mightiness and bam, no show. They could've done much more, and before watching this season my imagination ran wild, but I'm cool with it and excited for Thursday.

nope, this is the fifth season. there'll be a season after this one, apparently. kinda stumps me, as where do you go after the apocalypse (if they end it with this show, though I doubt they will)?

Otter 05-13-2010 01:38 PM

I don't get to catch it often but that's a good show. The first episode I saw was when the guy was faux Dracula. Loved the humor/horror mix and been watching it ever since when my butt in front of tube matches showings.

vailpass 05-13-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 6755970)
nope, this is the fifth season. there'll be a season after this one, apparently. kinda stumps me, as where do you go after the apocalypse (if they end it with this show, though I doubt they will)?

Wife & I have watched SN from the start, love it. Every deomon and angel woman is hot. Shot in Canadian towns with names of American cities.

Have you seen an official announcement about there being another season after this one? They say it on the fan sites but I haven't seen anything from the WB.

I would be good with one more season of Detective Plant and Detective Page.

keg in kc 05-13-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6756195)
Have you seen an official announcement about there being another season after this one? They say it on the fan sites but I haven't seen anything from the WB.

Happened a while back.
Quote:

CW renews 'Supernatural,' 'Vampire Diaries,' 3 others.

February 16, 2010

UPDATE: When I asked a CW representative whether creator/executive producer Eric Kripke would return for "Supernatural's" sixth season, I got a three-word reply: "Yes, he's back."

UPDATE 2: I sent a note to "Supernatural" executive producer Sera Gamble when I heard about the show's renewal for a sixth season. I said I was happy to hear that the show would be returning, but I had to be a little cheeky and ask if viewers would be getting "The Apocalypse 2: The Squeakquel" next season. Here's her response:

"No, you will not be getting Apocalypse, The Squeaquel in Season 6 (that's hilarious)," Gamble wrote. "We're climaxing that story this season. We've been working on the Season 6 storyline for quite some time, and we're very excited about it. We have lots of ideas, and are grateful for the chance to keep the show going.

"Please tell the fans that the writers say thank you! We so appreciate the support."

Remember when Kripke said he had a five-year plan for the show? However, as he said last summer at Comic-Con, Kripke has re-thought that plan and has stated various times in the last year or so that he could see how the Winchesters' story might last longer than five years. And based on Gamble's comments, it's looking like we'll get a whole new story line when the Winchester return in the fall of 2010

(Update 3: EW reports that Gamble will be the show's day-to-day showrunner for Season 6, but Kripke will still be involved with the show and "working very closely" with Gamble and the show's creative team. I'm certainly interested to see where Gamble takes the show in Season 6, and given that she's been with "Supernatural" since Season 1 and has written many excellent episodes, in my opinion, the show's in good hands. By the way, it's worth reading Alice Jester's post on Winchester Family Business on this not-unexpected situation.).

So, my fellow "Supernatural" fans, the Winchester chronicles will get a Season 666. Wait, I meant Season 6 -- my fingers slipped on the keyboard. Or maybe the Devil made me do it?

Not on the CW's early-pickup list: "Melrose Place" or "Smallville." But there is a chance those shows, especially "Smallville," could get renewals later in the season (things aren't looking quite as good for "Melrose," but you never know). IGN's Eric Goldman recently talked to CW president Dawn Ostroff and it looks like a "Smallville" renewal is likely.

Also, the CW's "Life Unexpected" isn't on this list but I very much hope it gets a second season. It's a sweet show that you may really enjoy if you liked "Gilmore Girls."

By the way, I hope to post my thoughts on "Supernatural's" "My Bloody Valentine" soon -- sorry that review is abominably late. A weekend out of town got in the way of me posting those thoughts in a timely fashion.

The "Supernatural" and "Vampire Diaries" renewals aren't unexpected, but I want to hear your thoughts on all these shows. Are you excited to get more "Supernatural" or are you wondering how they'll top Season 5's Apocalypse? Are you digging "The Vampire Diaries" as a guilty, blood-soaked pleasure or do you think it bites?

Do tell in the comment area.

Here is the Tuesday release from the CW on the renewals:

THE CW ANNOUNCES EARLY PICKUPS FOR FIVE SERIES

Freshman Hit “The Vampire Diaries,” “Gossip Girl,” “90210,” “Supernatural” and “America’s Next Top Model” To Return Next Season

February 16, 2010 (Burbank, California) ─ The CW Network has given early pickups to five series for next season, including four signature dramas and the reality hit AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL. All five shows will return in Fall 2010.

The series receiving early renewals include this season’s breakout hit THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, The CW’s most-watched show (4.6 million viewers) and the network’s number one show among adults 18-34 (2.5/8). THE VAMPIRE DIARIES premiere generated the largest audience in network history for a series debut (5.7 million total viewers). THE VAMPIRE DIARIES has improved The CW’s performance Thursday at 8:00 p.m. by 114% among women 18-34 this season. The network also renewed fan favorite SUPERNATURAL, which will enter its sixth season next year. SUPERNATURAL has one of the most loyal audiences of any show on television and does heroic work in a perennially tough time period. It has improved over last season among women and adults 18-34 (29% and 8%, respectively) this season, a remarkable accomplishment for a fifth-year show. \

Also given early pickups for next season are The CW’s Monday night sensation GOSSIP GIRL, which is The CW’s number one show among its target demographic of women 18-34, and Tuesday’s trend-setting drama, 90210, which sees some of TV’s largest percent increases from DVR playback, nearly doubling its women 18-34 live-only ratings once live+7 data is included. Wednesday anchor AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL will also be back for cycles 15 and 16 with superstar Tyra Banks and new groups of aspiring models. TOP MODEL continues to rank second in the competitive Wednesday 8:00 p.m. hour among young women 18-34 (3.4/10).

vailpass 05-13-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6756206)
Happened a while back.

Thanks Keg, I had heard about this but wasn't sure. Looks like it's official. I'm glad for one more season but want it to be the last. Nothing worse than an excellent show that hangs on just a little too sienfeldy long.

Ebolapox 05-13-2010 04:06 PM

from wiki:

The sixth season of Supernatural has been officially confirmed by the CW network.[113] Creator Eric Kripke originally planned for the show to only last five seasons, but due to increased ratings from the fourth and fifth seasons, there has been talk of the show returning for more. Eric Kripke has confirmed that he will not be returning as showrunner for Season 6, however, he will still remain as a hands-on executive producer, leaving Executive Producer Sera Gamble to take over the reins.[114] Both Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki have six year contracts, so as the network has chosen to continue the show, they will return for at least one more season. Padalecki stated that if the show is no longer compelling after a possible sixth season, that he will not return for more. Sera Gamble, who will take over the showrunner position, had said that the sixth and possible final season of the show will focus on the brothers' relationship.[115][116][117]

Ebolapox 05-13-2010 08:01 PM

the light went out. he's still satan.

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?!?

****!

Chieficus 05-13-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 6756917)

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?!?

****!

Unless he was just dropped off by an angel, God, etc...? (gotta keep the mystery w/ a hook--Kripke's "swan song" before it gives way to a new season w/ a new helms(wo)man; that way 1-5 is finished but ties w/ 6)... that's my bet anyway.

Ebolapox 05-13-2010 08:53 PM

true enough, hadn't thought of that angle. they really pulled what I thought was (at times) a lackluster season six. they could've done SO much more with it, but honestly, they did it in the way I guess sam and dean would've done it... the brother as michael pissed me off at first, but it really worked in this episode... and michael/lucifer in the pit? a LOT of potential for future shenanigans written into the script.

I really liked the writing of the finale... it just worked, which is all you can really ask of a script.

Valiant 05-13-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 6757165)
true enough, hadn't thought of that angle. they really pulled what I thought was (at times) a lackluster season six. they could've done SO much more with it, but honestly, they did it in the way I guess sam and dean would've done it... the brother as michael pissed me off at first, but it really worked in this episode... and michael/lucifer in the pit? a LOT of potential for future shenanigans written into the script.

I really liked the writing of the finale... it just worked, which is all you can really ask of a script.

Isn't season 6 the next one??

KurtCobain 05-14-2010 12:58 AM

I was pissed at first about this episode. At the beginning I was enraged Dean didn't just throw Sam in the ****ing hole or atleast make a leap at him while it was still open. Then, I was really offended when they brought Castiel back and then Bobby, but that's part of the show I guess, killing folks off and bringing them right back. And I was really pissed when Sam was standing there at the end. I would've prefferred him to be stuck in the ****ing hole he's SUPPOSED to be stuck in, and the next season(if there HAS to be one) starting out with Dean breaking his promise and ****ing things up trying to bring Sam back. I was really upset about this one. Then I stopped being a bitch, rewatched it three times, and now I'm okay with it. Now let's see if Gamble can wow us next year.

And I loved the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Totally appropriate timing. Awesome. I've always enjoyed the music on the show.

Valiant 05-14-2010 07:21 AM

ehh, if it were the last season , they would probably stay dead but since it is getting another session they need some characters.. The show is soooo good, hopefully it is not ruined by its own success ala heroes..

My dvr cut off so I did not see the preview only Sam under the streetlight.. I assume he and Satan somehow escaped.. And he is going to kill Dean's girl and steal the boy next season..

Chieficus 05-14-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6757918)
ehh, if it were the last season , they would probably stay dead but since it is getting another session they need some characters.. The show is soooo good, hopefully it is not ruined by its own success ala heroes..

My dvr cut off so I did not see the preview only Sam under the streetlight.. I assume he and Satan somehow escaped.. And he is going to kill Dean's girl and steal the boy next season..

Well, since Kripke said he only wanted a 5-season story arc, and since he wrapped it up, next season will be taken over by another, and her focus is going to be more on "the brothers' relationship," then I highly doubt satan made it out.

See my post above: I'm guessing (like w/ Cast), this was an act of God basically resurrecting Sam, especially since he's the one who put Lucifer back in the pit w/o the global armageddon...

KurtCobain 05-15-2010 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieficus (Post 6758514)
See my post above: I'm guessing (like w/ Cast), this was an act of God basically resurrecting Sam, especially since he's the one who put Lucifer back in the pit w/o the global armageddon...

That would be so lame, but I'd bet anything you're right. ****.

keg in kc 05-15-2010 05:13 AM

That could make for some great tension, though. Dean goes to hell and gets tortured for years (from his perspective) while God gives Sam a get out of jail free card.

But the whole bit with the street light exploding over him makes me wonder if there isn't more to it then that. Maybe it's not Sam. Or maybe Sam's different somehow. Castiel is Michael now, maybe Sam is Castiel. Wouldn't that be wacked - i go to hell, god turns you into an angel.

(Not that I think that's what it is...)

Ebolapox 05-15-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6760153)
That could make for some great tension, though. Dean goes to hell and gets tortured for years (from his perspective) while God gives Sam a get out of jail free card.

But the whole bit with the street light exploding over him makes me wonder if there isn't more to it then that. Maybe it's not Sam. Or maybe Sam's different somehow. Castiel is Michael now, maybe Sam is Castiel. Wouldn't that be wacked - i go to hell, god turns you into an angel.

(Not that I think that's what it is...)

there's gotta be some sort of messed up twist there--otherwise, this season just feels a bit too much like the 'dynasty' dream episode... "oh yeah, we led you on about the apocalypse--it was there, but nothing really of consequence happens to the boys"

vailpass 05-17-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 6756917)

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?!?

****!

He did drink a shit ton of demon's blood.
Could it have been the demon in him that blew the light out?

Ebolapox 05-17-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6763369)
He did drink a shit ton of demon's blood.
Could it have been the demon in him that blew the light out?

at this point, it all depends on how assholeish they want to be in moving the plot along. they can string the apocalypse along a bit and say that sam is still satan... after thinking about it, though, I don't think that's the case. I'm leaning toward either angelic/god's intervention or your supposition.

vailpass 05-18-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 6764072)
at this point, it all depends on how assholeish they want to be in moving the plot along. they can string the apocalypse along a bit and say that sam is still satan... after thinking about it, though, I don't think that's the case. I'm leaning toward either angelic/god's intervention or your supposition.

I agree, I also think the apocalypse thing has run it's course. I think next season will be all about bringing the characters home with Bobby hunting but Dean refusing to hunt. At least until something pulls him back in. Wouldn't be surprised to see their dad and maybe even their mom show up again.
I hope the Trixter comes back, I like that guy. And for god's sake no matter what the plot line may we please start having a some hot demon chicks show up again?

Ebolapox 05-18-2010 04:12 PM

as glad as I am to have a sixth season, I just hope they aren't holding on too long as a money grab... the PERFECT ending for the show is the sam/dean satan/michael showdown in which they both go into the pit (the brother as michael pissed me off--it didn't seem true to the character of the show), then roll credits.

vailpass 05-18-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 6765700)
as glad as I am to have a sixth season, I just hope they aren't holding on too long as a money grab... the PERFECT ending for the show is the sam/dean satan/michael showdown in which they both go into the pit (the brother as michael pissed me off--it didn't seem true to the character of the show), then roll credits.

I always thought that was how it would end.

Ebolapox 05-18-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6766419)
I always thought that was how it would end.

me too. I know it would've been cliche, but ****: sometimes cliche is OOOKKKK (/herm)

keg in kc 05-20-2010 07:25 AM

They've moving it to Friday, reteaming it with Smallville for what will likely be both shows' final season (definitely Smallville's last).

Quote:

9:00-10:00 P.M. "SUPERNATURAL"

Returning for its sixth season, this haunting series follows Sam and Dean Winchester, two brothers bound by tragedy and blood to their dangerous, other-worldly mission. This past season, Dean and Sam faced their toughest foe yet: the Devil himself. As the Apocalypse raged on around them, the brothers, aided only by a dwindling band of fellow hunters and rebel angel Castiel, sought a way to stop Lucifer and save the planet. Ultimately, they discovered a way to force Lucifer back into Hell and end the Apocalypse - but at tremendous cost: Sam's life. Season six will be a season of mystery and shadow. Heaven and Hell have been left in complete disarray since the apocalyptic events of season five. And now, monsters, angels and demons roam across a lawless and chaotic landscape. And so Dean Winchester, who has retired from hunting and sworn never to return, finds himself being pulled back into his old life - pulled back by none other than Sam Winchester, who has escaped from Hell. The two reunite to beat back the rising tide of creatures and demon-spawn, but they quickly realize that neither are who they used to be, their relationship isn't what it used to be, and that nothing is what it seems. The series stars Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester, Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester and Misha Collins as Castiel. SUPERNATURAL is from Warner Bros. Television in association with Wonderland Sound and Vision, with executive producers McG ("Nikita," "Charlie's Angels," "The O.C."), Eric Kripke ("Boogeyman"), Robert Singer ("Midnight Caller"), Sera Gamble, Ben Edlund and Phil Sgriccia.

vailpass 05-20-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6768975)
They've moving it to Friday, reteaming it with Smallville for what will likely be both shows' final season (definitely Smallville's last).

Thanks for the heads-up. I always liked the Thursday thing but I can see why they want to make a power finale line up.

I wonder if there will be any light, funny episodes about hunting or if those are all gone forever?

keg in kc 05-20-2010 12:54 PM

I really like the role-reversal idea. Dean now being where Sam was when the series began.

KurtCobain 05-20-2010 03:20 PM

Ready for the new season.

RedNFeisty 06-30-2010 10:04 AM

I never got to watch Supernatural when it was CW, but now that it is on TNT, I am hooked! They show back to back episodes every morning, I have to miss Tuesdays due to Abigail's physical therapy, but other then that it is my soap opera I don't want to miss.

Great show!!:thumb:

KurtCobain 06-30-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNFeisty (Post 6851275)
I never got to watch Supernatural when it was CW, but now that it is on TNT, I am hooked! They show back to back episodes every morning, I have to miss Tuesdays due to Abigail's physical therapy, but other then that it is my soap opera I don't want to miss.

Great show!!:thumb:

That's how I got hooked. It's ****ing addicting, especially when you can watch ten episodes a week.

Bowser 06-30-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 6851900)
That's how I got hooked. It's ****ing addicting, especially when you can watch ten episodes a week.

Yep. I stopped watching the TNT shows because I wanted to watch them in order. I'm about halfway through season 2 thanks to Netflix. Great show.

KurtCobain 07-06-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 6852747)
Yep. I stopped watching the TNT shows because I wanted to watch them in order. I'm about halfway through season 2 thanks to Netflix. Great show.

TNT goes in order.

Buck 07-07-2010 01:42 AM

Does this show have season long story arcs or only monster of the week? If its the former it will be my next show.

pikesome 07-07-2010 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6863612)
Does this show have season long story arcs or only monster of the week? If its the former it will be my next show.

Both. Depends on which part of which season you're talking about. Regardless, you should watch it.

vailpass 07-07-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6863612)

Story arcs that go through the season then carry to the next season interspersed with monster-of-the week episodes to keep it light.
Funny, quick-moving show with hot demon chicks.
Try it.

Bowser 08-08-2010 03:36 PM

Crawling through the series. I'm at the beginning of Season Three. I like Dean's who-care-I'm-dying-anyway view of life so far. This is a very enjoyable show; the writers do a great job week to week keeping the story gory, humorous, and entertaining consistantly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 6862857)
TNT goes in order.

Correct, but with my crazy schedule, it's nice to watch it on my terms. Plus, my DVIR is full of other crap I'v eyet to watch. Netflix ftw.

Bowser 08-08-2010 03:39 PM

And Vail is right - the chicks are all top shelf on this show, especially the new blonde chick Ruby that is "helping" the brothers. Dammit, boy.

http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T4...w=1563&bih=628

KurtCobain 08-24-2010 04:27 PM

New episodes, Septemeber 24th. I'm stoked, but also worried they're dragging it on too far.

keg in kc 08-24-2010 05:22 PM

It's going to be interesting to see how it turns out, new showrunner and the show going past its planned 5 years. Hopefully it's good.

Frankie 08-24-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5417521)
If you're not watching Supernatural...
...you should be.

Funny you should post this thread. I have been very curious about this show and have bought the first couple of seasons solely based on the recommendation of my late Sci-Fi fan friend. One of the my retirement activities will be watching the many DVDs I have collected. Since then though, I have passed up on good deals on subsequent seasons fearing that (1) it might disappoint me, and (2) that I would be stuck with another story-arc show that will be canceled before it's final resolution.

Is there any chance of either happening IYO? I know what keg's answer would be to (1), but I would like a lot of feedback.

Thanks.

keg in kc 08-25-2010 08:15 AM

My answer to (1) would be that different people have different tastes, so it's always possible you might be disappointed, but as far as (2) goes, it's a show that had a 5-year plan that managed to stay on the air for 5 (and now 6) years. As far as I can recall, every story-arc has been resolved, most of them during the seasons where they were introduced. No worry there...

vailpass 08-25-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 6953412)
Funny you should post this thread. I have been very curious about this show and have bought the first couple of seasons solely based on the recommendation of my late Sci-Fi fan friend. One of the my retirement activities will be watching the many DVDs I have collected. Since then though, I have passed up on good deals on subsequent seasons fearing that (1) it might disappoint me, and (2) that I would be stuck with another story-arc show that will be canceled before it's final resolution.

Is there any chance of either happening IYO? I know what keg's answer would be to (1), but I would like a lot of feedback.

Thanks.

Netflix?Don't know what you paid for the first two seasons but at $9.00/month you could probably buy a lot of Netflix and watch not only all of Supernatural but MANY other TV shows and movies.

Frankie 08-25-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6954294)
Netflix?Don't know what you paid for the first two seasons but at $9.00/month you could probably buy a lot of Netflix and watch not only all of Supernatural but MANY other TV shows and movies.

yeah, but I'm a collector. I like to have a library of Books and DVDs that I like.

vailpass 08-25-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 6954410)
yeah, but I'm a collector. I like to have a library of Books and DVDs that I like.

Got ya. You could get the 2 free weeks of Netflix then watch before you buy?

Frankie 08-25-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6954739)
Got ya. You could get the 2 free weeks of Netflix then watch before you buy?

Guess I'm just looking for multiple confirmation of its quality and subconsciously want to justify purchasing the rest of the series.

vailpass 08-26-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 6955063)
Guess I'm just looking for multiple confirmation of its quality and subconsciously want to justify purchasing the rest of the series.

Wife and I dont' watch many TV shows but we have the dvr set for SuperN. Started watching during 3rd season, bought seasons 1 & 2 to catch up, have all episodes since recorded.
Here is one vote for 'get it'.

Bowser 08-27-2010 10:31 AM

My wife, who is a complete wuss when it comes to "violence" on TV and movies, loves this show. It's gory in parts to be sure, but it still blends good storytelling with decent humor. You won't be disappointed.

keg in kc 08-27-2010 10:35 AM

I'm not a big fan of gore, either. I think the only thing that's really bothered me in 5 years was pulling one of the boys' fingernails out

What makes the show good is the chemistry between the leads (they really play well off each other), the paranormal bent (not much of that on TV...) and the big story arcs interwoven with monster of the week episodes. Everything pays off in the end.

Bowser 08-27-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6957938)
I'm not a big fan of gore, either. I think the only thing that's really bothered me in 5 years was pulling one of the boys' fingernails out

What makes the show good is the chemistry between the leads (they really play well off each other), the paranormal bent (not much of that on TV...) and the big story arcs interwoven with monster of the week episodes. Everything pays off in the end.

Heh, yeah, that was nasty, BUT that episode was great. She actually likes the stories where they find problem then solve problem all in one hour, but that's just a personal taste thing. The writers have done a great job in keeping the continutity of the small and big pictures rolling along together.

Basically, Frankie, you'd be missing out if you didn't watch this show from the beginning.

Frankie 08-27-2010 12:44 PM

Thanks guys. I'm heading to deepdiscount.com to order other available seasons.

keg in kc 08-29-2010 04:33 PM

Been watching the old episodes on TNT and it's amazing to me just how good this show was early on, and how much of the mythos of season 5 was laid out during the first season and a half.

I think that's why I always liked this show more than Lost: it was clear they had a plan and they stuck to it. And it's had consistent quality throughout.

And I have no problem at all restating my belief that this show is about 1000x better than True Blood (which I also watch every week, not slamming it when I say that). It's easily one of the best paranormal-related shows ever on TV, if not THE best. Shame it's on CW, although it probably wouldn't have made it 6 years on a major network.

Frankie 08-29-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6962896)
It's easily one of the best paranormal-related shows ever on TV, if not THE best. Shame it's on CW, although it probably wouldn't have made it 6 years on a major network.

This. I'm of the opinion that no quality show should be on major networks. For their own good.

Frankie 08-29-2010 05:12 PM

BTW, I ordered seasons 3 & 4. Damn, I can't wait for my remodeling (including a projection system) to finish so I can finally relax and watch stuff I have put off.

KurtCobain 08-31-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 6962981)
BTW, I ordered seasons 3 & 4. Damn, I can't wait for my remodeling (including a projection system) to finish so I can finally relax and watch stuff I have put off.

Season three was ****ing awesome.

Fish 08-31-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6962896)
Been watching the old episodes on TNT and it's amazing to me just how good this show was early on, and how much of the mythos of season 5 was laid out during the first season and a half.

I think that's why I always liked this show more than Lost: it was clear they had a plan and they stuck to it. And it's had consistent quality throughout.

And I have no problem at all restating my belief that this show is about 1000x better than True Blood (which I also watch every week, not slamming it when I say that). It's easily one of the best paranormal-related shows ever on TV, if not THE best. Shame it's on CW, although it probably wouldn't have made it 6 years on a major network.

That will forever and always be granted to The X-Files. No question, none. And I'll have fighting words with any who argue...

Valiant 08-31-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6967078)
That will forever and always be granted to The X-Files. No question, none. And I'll have fighting words with any who argue...

If it would have quit season 5 or 6 then yes.. Utter garbage past that..