ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jamaal Charles appreciation thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267294)

Mama Hip Rockets 12-10-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9197659)
It has been a lost season for the Kansas City Chiefs, but star running back Jamaal Charles is on the cusp of making NFL history.

Charles
Charles has 739 career NFL rush attempts. He is 11 carries from qualifying for career carry records. Charles is averaging 5.7 yards a carry. That, by far, is the best average in NFL history for running backs.

The legendary Jim Brown (5.22 yards per carry) is the current all-time per-carry average leader in NFL history. He had 2,359 career carries. According to the NFL Record Book, former quarterback Randall Cunningham has the highest yards per carry mark overall by averaging 6.3 yards per carry in 775 career rushing attempts.

For Charles to be on the brink of this record is special. For a lead tailback to rip off nearly six yards per carry for his career is stunning.

It is particularly impressive since Charles is coming off a torn ACL he suffered in Week 2 last year. Charles has come back strong. He has 1,220 yards this season and he is averaging 5.1 yards a carry. In 2010, Charles, a third-round draft pick in 2008, averaged 6.4 yards per carry.

Man, he's good.

burt 12-10-2012 06:44 PM

A spark of brilliance in a bowl of turds!!

Rain Man 12-10-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9197659)
It has been a lost season for the Kansas City Chiefs, but star running back Jamaal Charles is on the cusp of making NFL history.

Charles
Charles has 739 career NFL rush attempts. He is 11 carries from qualifying for career carry records. Charles is averaging 5.7 yards a carry. That, by far, is the best average in NFL history for running backs.

The legendary Jim Brown (5.22 yards per carry) is the current all-time per-carry average leader in NFL history. He had 2,359 career carries. According to the NFL Record Book, former quarterback Randall Cunningham has the highest yards per carry mark overall by averaging 6.3 yards per carry in 775 career rushing attempts.

For Charles to be on the brink of this record is special. For a lead tailback to rip off nearly six yards per carry for his career is stunning.

It is particularly impressive since Charles is coming off a torn ACL he suffered in Week 2 last year. Charles has come back strong. He has 1,220 yards this season and he is averaging 5.1 yards a carry. In 2010, Charles, a third-round draft pick in 2008, averaged 6.4 yards per carry.

I was just about to post something like this.

As a sign of how good Jamaal Charles is, this is his worst season as a pro in terms of yards per carry, and he's averaging 5.1 yards.

Think about that. That's astounding. His WORST season, is about where the best all-time career averages are. The guy is amazing.

Stad 12-10-2012 06:53 PM

Love em as well. Favorite back in the league.

BigMeatballDave 12-10-2012 07:08 PM

AFC's leading rusher.

PRO BOWL BITCHES!

:)

Guitarkore 12-10-2012 07:20 PM

The only player who shouldn't be let go

DRU 12-10-2012 07:23 PM

He gives me a broner.

Bump 12-10-2012 07:32 PM

ya, he's gonna be our GOAT if he keeps playing 2 more years, lol.

He is damn good, I can't imagine how good he could be used with Geno at QB and a spread offense? Where JC can run in space? WHOA

Sorter 12-10-2012 07:34 PM

I wonder how many years this season took off of Charles' career.

We ran him into the ground for ****ing nothing. Absolutely nothing. :(

Nightfyre 12-10-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9197937)

He is damn good, I can't imagine how good he could be used with Geno at QB and a spread offense? Where JC can run in space? WHOA

Jamaal could be like, a bigger, more physical Tavon Austin.

-King- 12-10-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9197937)

That's why Peyton being in Denver pisses me off. The running lanes JC could get with Peyton would be the size of the grand canyon. He'd be averaging 9ypc right now.

ThaVirus 12-10-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9197947)
I wonder how many years this season took off of Charles' career.

We ran him into the ground for ****ing nothing. Absolutely nothing. :(

I don't think this season will have such a damning effect on his career. Jamaal's tougher than his frame would suggest and he doesn't take the type of hits a traditional RB would. He does a good job of wiggling his body around to avoid full-on contact, so he really only takes glancing blows.

Sorter 12-10-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9198256)
I don't think this season will have such a damning effect on his career. Jamaal's tougher than his frame would suggest and he doesn't take the type of hits a traditional RB would. He does a good job of wiggling his body around to avoid full-on contact, so he really only takes glancing blows.

I really hope you're right.

DBOSHO 12-10-2012 09:20 PM

I still haven't seen his opening carry last game.

Hook me up, gochiefs.

Hammock Parties 12-10-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 9198426)
I still haven't seen his opening carry last game.

Hook me up, gochiefs.

awww yisssssssssss

http://i.imgur.com/Ahunr.gif