ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

beach tribe 10-06-2012 11:52 AM

And if we were going to do that, we should just do it right now, and throw his ass in there to get him ready for next season.

NewChief 10-06-2012 12:21 PM

Wilson is repeatedly going to a receiver short of the marker on 3rd down, and its pissing me off.

AndChiefs 10-06-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8982144)
Wilson is repeatedly going to a receiver short of the marker on 3rd down, and its pissing me off.

When did Cassel start playing for Arkansas?

Mr_Tomahawk 10-06-2012 01:46 PM

Nothing special in stats today, 250+ yards passing 0 tds and 0 ints in their win today.

ILChief 10-06-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8982026)
I like Mallet, but it seems like Bad Juju to trade a 2nd for NE's back up QB don't you think?

Those who don't learn from history...

Hoover 10-06-2012 01:56 PM

Is it just me or is his throwing motion a bit odd. Does he side arm it a bit?

milkman 10-06-2012 01:57 PM

I've watched this guy 3 times now.

Still waiting to be impressed.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-06-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 8982429)
Is it just me or is his throwing motion a bit odd. Does he side arm it a bit?

His release reminds me a bit of Phylis'...it gets out quickly though with plenty of zip.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-06-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8982434)
I've watched this guy 3 times now.

Still waiting to be impressed.

Not gonna lie...

...he was much more impressive last year. I don't know if his lack of production thus far has been from the coaching change...talent around him...HIM...I duno. I am waiting for what I saw last year to surface.

If Geno is off the board and it is between Barkley, Laundry, and Wilson....I am full Wilson.

milkman 10-06-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8982443)
Not gonna lie...

...he was much more impressive last year. I don't know if his lack of production thus far has been from the coaching change...talent around him...HIM...I duno. I am waiting for what I saw last year to surface.

If Geno is off the board and it is between Barkley, Laundry, and Wilson....I am full Wilson.

Barkley.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-06-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8982444)
Barkley.

I'm done with SoCal QB's who pan out to nothing in the NFL.

milkman 10-06-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8982447)
I'm done with SoCal QB's who pan out to nothing in the NFL.

I'm done with Tedford QBs who panout to nothing in the NFL/PreRodgers post.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-06-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8982450)
I'm done with Tedford QBs who panout to nothing in the NFL/PreRodgers post.

Not fair.

milkman 10-06-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8982451)
Not fair.

Maybe not, but it is fact.

Each and every player is a different from previous players in the same system, the same team, or whatever the case might be.

You have to draw conclusions about a player based on the observations of that player, not based on the failure or success of players that played in that system or school previously.

I don't think Barkley is more physically talented, or even smarter, than his predecessors, but I do believe he has a mental toughness, dedication, and leadership qualities that they did not possess.

At the end of the day, those are the qualities that I believe separates failure and success.

milkman 10-06-2012 02:18 PM

And, for the record, those qualities have not been displayed by Wilson.

I like Smith, not because of the video game numbers he's posted, but because he plays smart, he plays tough, is clearly in charge on the field, and all indications are that he is solely dedicated to his craft.

Ebolapox 10-06-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8982460)
Maybe not, but it is fact.

Each and every player is a different from previous players in the same system, the same team, or whatever the case might be.

You have to draw conclusions about a player based on the observations of that player, not based on the failure or success of players that played in that system or school previously.

I don't think Barkley is more physically talented, or even smarter, than his predecessors, but I do believe he has a mental toughness, dedication, and leadership qualities that they did not possess.

At the end of the day, those are the qualities that I believe separates failure and success.

yep. barkley wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. only guy I don't really want any part of is landry jones.

Hoover 10-06-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h5n1 (Post 8982464)
yep. barkley wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. only guy I don't really want any part of is landry jones.

I fall into this camp.

Even if the Chiefs are .500 this year, I think we should be able to land either Geno, Wilson, or Barkley. I'll be thrilled with any of them

Titty Meat 10-06-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8982444)
Barkley.

Like you I haven't been impressed with Wilson.

I've said before you can win a title with Barkley. He's really got the shit beat out of him at times this year but he's still accurate with the ball and he's proven doubters wrong about his arm strength.

The only thing that i'm not sure about with Barkley is his decision making. He's made some piss poor decisions this year with the ball including last week where he threw a ball that should have been a red zone INT.

The huge difference between Wilson and a guy like Barkley is leadership. Wilson isn't a leader.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-06-2012 08:00 PM

SEC Defenses would eat rubber-armed Barkley.

gohogs14 10-06-2012 11:14 PM

Wilson doesn't really have much to work with this season. After losing Adams and Wright his only real receiving option is hamilton and his TE Gragg who has been out the past 2 weeks. He also has one of the worst OLs in CFB. So i can see how he wouldn't be as good as last year...but he still makes throws that not many other QBs can make. Today against auburn he played well but we had 2 rushing TDs and scored on a trick play so he didn't have any TDs. Also doesn't help that we havent had much of a rushing game to take pressure off of him.

I really don't know why people question his leadership based on his comments from the alabama game. Was he supposed to sugarcoat it? The team did give up...they lost 52-0 lol. During the summer and the petrino mess he was the main guy the team rallied around and was a great leader.

The A&M game was the worst game i've seen him play though...hopefully it was just a fluke

O.city 10-06-2012 11:16 PM

He holds on to the ball to long and is in an offense based around him chuckng it deep to wide open Wr's or short letting athletes make plays.

Nightfyre 10-07-2012 12:37 AM

Bottom line is that he is franchise QB material and if we absolutely cannot get Smith then we should take a chance on Wilson.

ChiefGator 10-07-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8980669)

FWIW...Geno went #1 to the Browns in this week's mock.

God, talk about epic fail as a franchise, although I guess that would indicate they are at least willing to draft QB's high in the draft.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-13-2012 07:01 PM

End of the 1st vs Kentucky

11/12 263yrds 3-tds 0-ints

NewChief 10-13-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9008887)
End of the 1st vs Kentucky

11/12 263yrds 3-tds 0-ints

4 TDs now.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-13-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9008940)
4 TDs now.

Yup. He may hit 350 yards and 5 TDs by half...

NewChief 10-13-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9008942)
Yup. He may hit 350 yards and 5 TDs by half...

KY secondary is just sad. That being said, I can't help but wonder what our season is like if we actually hit and go full contact in offseason some. Our defense and running game seem to finally be coming alive. We still lose to A&m and Bama, but I think our other losses are wins.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-13-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9008952)
KY secondary is just sad. That being said, I can't help but wonder what our season is like if we actually hit and go full contact in offseason some. Our defense and running game seem to finally be coming alive. We still lose to A&m and Bama, but I think our other losses are wins.

Yeah...

...I just like "your" quarterback. :)

Mr_Tomahawk 10-13-2012 07:44 PM

Halftime

19/25 331-yards 4-TDs 0-Ints

Titty Meat 10-13-2012 07:46 PM

Against Kentucky his first good game of the season. Congrats.

NewChief 10-13-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9009029)
Against Kentucky his first good game of the season. Congrats.

Fail.

Titty Meat 10-13-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9009059)
Fail.

Sorry who could forget that great game vs Jacksonville State?

NewChief 10-13-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9009066)
Sorry who could forget that great game vs Jacksonville State?

He's played well in every game. The rest of the team sucked ass. His YPG average is best in SEC

Mr_Tomahawk 10-13-2012 08:04 PM

ARK Passing CMP ATT YDS YPA TD INT
Tyler Wilson 23 31 372 12.0 5 0

Mr_Tomahawk 10-13-2012 08:17 PM

Did they pull TW out of the game already...?

NewChief 10-13-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9009118)
Did they pull TW out of the game already...?

Yes. After the first touchdown in 3rd. And the game is back in rain delay. Horrible.

BossChief 10-13-2012 08:34 PM

Reminds me a lot of Phillip Rivers.

he wouldnt be my first choice, but Id draft him if he is on the board and Barkley and Smith arent.

Setsuna 10-13-2012 08:41 PM

LOL it's KENTUCKY. GTFO.

the Talking Can 10-13-2012 08:42 PM

the more good QBs the better

Mr_Tomahawk 10-13-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9009179)
LOL it's KENTUCKY. GTFO.

Hows your boy Bray doing tonight?

Feel free to throw his stat line up...

Mr_Tomahawk 10-13-2012 08:47 PM

Bray at Half:

TENN Passing CMP ATT YDS YPA TD INT
Tyler Bray 6 12 58 4.8 0 1

Mr_Tomahawk 10-16-2012 06:59 PM

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
Aware of current concerns but I'd be surprised if Tyler Wilson's "stock" didn't "rise" back into high 1st by April. Too good.

Woodchuck 10-16-2012 07:11 PM

Put me on the Wilson list. If we are going to take a QB, I hope it's him.

BigMeatballDave 10-16-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9021804)
Put me on the Wilson list. If we are going to take a QB, I hope it's him.

I bet if he were black, you wouldn't want him...

Mr_Tomahawk 10-20-2012 07:05 PM

Bam!

O.city 10-24-2012 07:26 PM

I've went back and watched some stuff on all the QB's and I'm actually starting to come around on Wilson.

LSU 2011, he stood in the pocket against one of the better defenses in history and took some shots but delivered good throws.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-24-2012 07:31 PM

BossChief 10-24-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9046748)
I've went back and watched some stuff on all the QB's and I'm actually starting to come around on Wilson.

LSU 2011, he stood in the pocket against one of the better defenses in history and took some shots but delivered good throws.

I really like what the kid is on the field...it's just the leadership concerns that make me hesitant.

No doubt he has the balls and confidence you look for...I think he and Barkley are 2a and 2b at this point. IMO anyway.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-24-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9046748)

I don't care which one we draft but my top three are Wilson, Smith and Murray. Barkley scares the shit out of me. Thanks USC.

Bump 10-24-2012 07:36 PM

I'll be super duper happy with Wilson, Barkley or Geno. Any one of them will work. We just need to be in the top 3 for the draft to ensure we get one of them.

O.city 10-24-2012 07:38 PM

He's a competitive dude. Alot of shit has gone on with that team this year and he's the unquestioned leader.

I actually like that he's been thru that adversity this year.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-24-2012 07:39 PM

FWIW...I love the throw at the 30 second mark in the clip in the OP.

Not a lot of air under the ball and he puts the ball on the money.

O.city 10-24-2012 07:42 PM

Being a pseudo Arkansas fan, I wouldn't mind having Wilson.

RealSNR 10-24-2012 08:32 PM

I liked Bray this summer. Thought he'd really show his stuff this year.

Yeah... not really

Sorter 10-24-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9046786)
he and Barkley are 2a and 2b at this point. IMO anyway.

^^This.

Jayhawker 10-24-2012 08:51 PM

There is a guy on YouTube that has videos of all the throws from Wilson, Smith, and Barkley from many games. I would recommend watching them, currently I'm preferring Wilson and Barkley than Smith cause Smith mostly throws 15-25 Yard Passes even though he does it really well. The guy's name on YouTube is JMPasq

Mr_Tomahawk 10-24-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhawker (Post 9047042)
There is a guy on YouTube that has videos of all the throws from Wilson, Smith, and Barkley from many games. I would recommend watching them, currently I'm preferring Wilson and Barkley than Smith cause Smith mostly throws 15-25 Yard Passes even though he does it really well. The guy's name on YouTube is JMPasq

Can't find said youtube clip.

Can you link?

gohogs14 10-24-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9047158)
Can't find said youtube clip.

Can you link?

You have to have i think 50 posts to link, i cant either

ht tp://w ww.youtube .com/user/JPDraftJedi/videos?query=tyler

but that has all his videos without the spaces

mdchiefsfan 10-25-2012 05:10 AM

http://www.youtube.com/user/JPDraftJ...os?query=tyler

Not too bad, I watched the Rutgers replay. His offensive line seems to do him no favors and I laugh at the fact that 82 on their team was dropping balls left and right. He shows good pocket awareness and good mobility to escape it and extend it. He makes his reads quickly and can anticipate the throwing window well. He is fearless. He won't be able to take hits that often in the NFL, but Good Lord he just doesn't care about oncoming pressure in his face. Only real complaint I have is he seems to make bad decisions when rushed. I mean he threw several toss up balls into double, even quadruple coverage and got lucky, that won't fly in the NFL. I need to watch more but that is what I took from watching the Rutgers game.

htismaqe 10-25-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

I really like what the kid is on the field...it's just the leadership concerns that make me hesitant.

Yep, that's where I'm at too.

Quote:

No doubt he has the balls and confidence you look for...I think he and Barkley are 2a and 2b at this point. IMO anyway.

I have Wilson as my #2. Barkley would be #3 for me, at least.

NewChief 10-25-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9047557)
http://www.youtube.com/user/JPDraftJ...os?query=tyler

Not too bad, I watched the Rutgers replay. His offensive line seems to do him no favors and I laugh at the fact that 82 on their team was dropping balls left and right. He shows good pocket awareness and good mobility to escape it and extend it. He makes his reads quickly and can anticipate the throwing window well. He is fearless. He won't be able to take hits that often in the NFL, but Good Lord he just doesn't care about oncoming pressure in his face. Only real complaint I have is he seems to make bad decisions when rushed. I mean he threw several toss up balls into double, even quadruple coverage and got lucky, that won't fly in the NFL. I need to watch more but that is what I took from watching the Rutgers game.

As far as forcing the ball: that's not really been a habit of his in the past. To provide a little context for that game: he'd been on the bench, watching the team fall apart for 1.5 games at that point. He felt a lot of pressure to come in, be Superman, and rescue this team. I think that's one reason for the forced balls. In the past, most Hog fans were grateful that he didn't have Mallet-itis in trying to force the ball and make the wrong play at the wrong time, and that was always a point of contrast between the two QBs.

I'm sort of puzzled by the leadership questions. Is it because of his comments about the team after the Alabama game? Once again, I'll just say that was him trying to come in and be the captain of a rudderless ship. Of course, it didn't work out. If, after his comments, the team would have responded, come in and destroyed Rutgers the next week, then I think everyone would be saying what a great leader he is. That the team responded to him calling them out. Unfortunately, this team had bigger issues that a QB getting vocal (or staying silent) weren't able to fix.

Anyway, he's a good QB.

mdchiefsfan 10-25-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9047631)
As far as forcing the ball: that's not really been a habit of his in the past. To provide a little context for that game: he'd been on the bench, watching the team fall apart for 1.5 games at that point. He felt a lot of pressure to come in, be Superman, and rescue this team. I think that's one reason for the forced balls. In the past, most Hog fans were grateful that he didn't have Mallet-itis in trying to force the ball and make the wrong play at the wrong time, and that was always a point of contrast between the two QBs.

I'm sort of puzzled by the leadership questions. Is it because of his comments about the team after the Alabama game? Once again, I'll just say that was him trying to come in and be the captain of a rudderless ship. Of course, it didn't work out. If, after his comments, the team would have responded, come in and destroyed Rutgers the next week, then I think everyone would be saying what a great leader he is. That the team responded to him calling them out. Unfortunately, this team had bigger issues that a QB getting vocal (or staying silent) weren't able to fix.

Anyway, he's a good QB.

Thanks for the context. I watched Mississippi State 2011 and LSU 2011 as well. I have a feeling a lot of the issues I have with him are being created by his offensive line. He was constantly under duress, especially in the LSU game, that was brutal. He is forced to make quick decisions and his accuracy suffers because of it. When given time he is quite accurate, but on occasion puts too much air under the ball. One thing that really impressed me was his ability to run to the left and throw across his body to the left side of the field. I would like to see it more, but what I did see was good. That's a tough throw for most to make, he did it with apparent ease.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 09:26 AM

My balls hurt...

gohogs14 10-25-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9047662)
Thanks for the context. I watched Mississippi State 2011 and LSU 2011 as well. I have a feeling a lot of the issues I have with him are being created by his offensive line. He was constantly under duress, especially in the LSU game, that was brutal. He is forced to make quick decisions and his accuracy suffers because of it. When given time he is quite accurate, but on occasion puts too much air under the ball. One thing that really impressed me was his ability to run to the left and throw across his body to the left side of the field. I would like to see it more, but what I did see was good. That's a tough throw for most to make, he did it with apparent ease.

The auburn 2010 game when mallett was injured was the last time he really had a decent OL. He played great on short notice. If you thought that LSU game was bad the 2011 alabama game was even worse...don't know how he survived it.

Our OL has played better the last few weeks but we havent played anyone. He gets his 2nd best target in TE Chris Gragg back this week who has missed the past 3 games so that will be a boost.

His deep ball needs some work but other than that if you give him a good OL he will be a solid QB

gohogs14 10-27-2012 10:56 AM

Looking good against ole miss so far. Had a beautiful pass to the TE for a TD.

Edit: And as i say that he almost gets intercepted twice lol

NewChief 10-27-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gohogs14 (Post 9053570)
Looking good against ole miss so far. Had a beautiful pass to the TE for a TD.

Yup. Stood in the pocket and took a huge hit. He's throwing some shitty passes as well, though. Almost been picked several times. Not sure if the wind is bothering him or what.

NewChief 10-27-2012 11:16 AM

Tyler is forcing the ball today against Ole Miss. Really lucky he hasn't been picked.

NewChief 10-27-2012 11:19 AM

And there's the pick. It was inevitable. Coach needs to talk to him.

If Bobby were here, he would chew his ass and settle him down. No one on staff to do that, sadly.

gohogs14 10-27-2012 11:19 AM

yeah...this is as bad as i've seen him...not sure whats wrong with him today. It is pretty cold there but still

gohogs14 10-27-2012 11:52 AM

Looking a little better now. Seems like he went into a funk after that hard hit when he threw the TD...hope his head is ok

Titty Meat 10-27-2012 12:24 PM

A lot of people seem to be warming up to Wilson he could be the first QB drafted wouldn't surprise me.

NewChief 10-27-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9053773)
A lot of people seem to be warming up to Wilson he could be the first QB drafted wouldn't surprise me.

He's doing himself no favors this week. A truly pedestrian, sometimes downright poor, performance this week.

gohogs14 10-27-2012 01:03 PM

Looked like he was spitting out blood after that last hit. Good job of getting out of the sack though

htismaqe 10-27-2012 01:31 PM

Bray looked pretty good against a good S Carolina defense today.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-27-2012 01:38 PM

I'm anxious to see how Murray does today.

gohogs14 10-27-2012 01:55 PM

On another note Dennis Johnson will be ray rice lite for whoever gets him

gohogs14 10-29-2012 02:10 PM

Wilson was diagnosed with a hip pointer today but will still play saturday against tulsa. Might explain why he didnt look like himself

rico 10-29-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9053982)
Bray looked pretty good against a good S Carolina defense today.

That's what I like about Bray. He may be douchey and potentially immature, but seems to step it up, even against the good D's. Coming into the season, the top 3 guys I wanted to draft in order were; 1.) Bray, 2.) Smith, 3.) Barkley/Wilson.....a few games in this season, it switched to 1.) Smith, 2.) Barkley, 3.) Bray (mostly because his doucheyness, 4.) Wilson. Now I'm teeter-tottering with 1.) Bray/Wilson, 3.) Barkley, 4.) Wilson. I think this Bray kid has got some awesome potential....it's just the character questions that concern me.

htismaqe 10-29-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9063431)
That's what I like about Bray. He may be douchey and potentially immature, but seems to step it up, even against the good D's. Coming into the season, the top 3 guys I wanted to draft in order were; 1.) Bray, 2.) Smith, 3.) Barkley/Wilson.....a few games in this season, it switched to 1.) Smith, 2.) Barkley, 3.) Bray (mostly because his doucheyness, 4.) Wilson. Now I'm teeter-tottering with 1.) Bray/Wilson, 3.) Barkley, 4.) Wilson. I think this Bray kid has got some awesome potential....it's just the character questions that concern me.

You can't downplay the character questions, though.

THE most important attribute in becoming a Super Bowl-winning QB is having the mentality for it. The "it" factor.

All the talent in the world isn't going to help you if you don't have "it". Just ask Phillip Rivers.

rico 10-29-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9063448)
You can't downplay the character questions, though.

THE most important attribute in becoming a Super Bowl-winning QB is having the mentality for it. The "it" factor.

All the talent in the world isn't going to help you if you don't have "it". Just ask Phillip Rivers.

I couldn't agree more.