ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Joe Po on Andrew Luck and Priest Holmes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324650)

jerryaldini 08-25-2019 11:01 AM

Joe Po on Andrew Luck and Priest Holmes

Don't be one of those guys on Monday mornings.

https://joeposnanski.substack.com/p/ignore-the-pain

RealSNR 08-25-2019 11:10 AM

Has Posnanski written any blogs about talking to men who were sexually molested by Jerry Sandusky as children, and when they asked Joe Paterno for help he said nothing to the authorities?

kysirsoze 08-25-2019 11:14 AM

Great read. Thanks for posting.

rabblerouser 08-25-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryaldini (Post 14408783)
Don't be one of those guys on Monday mornings.

https://joeposnanski.substack.com/p/ignore-the-pain

I was at that game.

dlphg9 08-25-2019 12:35 PM

But they make millions herp derp, they can't possibly be in any pain with all that money herp derp.

Naptown Chief 08-25-2019 12:54 PM

Thank you for posting

CasselGotPeedOn 08-25-2019 01:20 PM

PAChiefsDouche probably wrote one of those emails.

Hammock Parties 08-25-2019 02:00 PM

That is the Posnanski column I remember more than any of them, also.

I also have no idea what it has to do with Luck. QBs don't take a pounding like running backs, Priest never earned $100 million, and never quit on his teammates - in fact, he loved the game so much he came back after multiple devastating injuries.

Priest is the ****ing man, and a warrior, and knew what he signed up for, and willingly took the abuse. He knew the deal.

Andrew Luck, in comparison to guys like Priest, is soft.

I mean, the dude injured himself snowboarding. LMAO

YontsRBake 08-25-2019 02:39 PM

While this blog has a good overall message, is it really fair to compare the beating QBs take to a RB getting 300+ carries a season?

BossChief 08-25-2019 03:18 PM

Priest Holmes should be put in a room with Shawn Merriman and be allowed to kick him in the nuts as many times as he wants.

DaFace 08-25-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14408928)
That is the Posnanski column I remember more than any of them, also.

I also have no idea what it has to do with Luck. QBs don't take a pounding like running backs, Priest never earned $100 million, and never quit on his teammates - in fact, he loved the game so much he came back after multiple devastating injuries.

Priest is the ****ing man, and a warrior, and knew what he signed up for, and willingly took the abuse. He knew the deal.

Andrew Luck, in comparison to guys like Priest, is soft.

I mean, the dude injured himself snowboarding. LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by YontsRBake (Post 14408963)
While this blog has a good overall message, is it really fair to compare the beating QBs take to a RB getting 300+ carries a season?

I didn't read it as trying to compare the two so much as it was just pointing out that people tend to ignore the toll that pain has on one's body and mind. Priest took a regular beating, while Luck has had some bad luck (no pun intended). But both spent a lot of their football careers in pain, and I can understand why a dude who is already set for life would be willing to walk away if he's living life in a constant state of pain.

BossChief 08-25-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14408998)
I didn't read it as trying to compare the two so much as it was just pointing out that people tend to ignore the toll that pain has on one's body and mind. Priest took a regular beating, while Luck has had some bad luck (no pun intended). But both spent a lot of their football careers in pain, and I can understand why a dude who is already set for life would be willing to walk away if he's living life in a constant state of pain.

He’s smart enough to know it’s a business and that his decision impacts thousands of people. Especially the timing of that decision.

I wonder if Luck talked to the team about him mulling retirement after the Chiefs playoff game.

If he didn’t talk to the team about this until the papers got submitted after FA, the draft and other avenues the team could prepare for his retirement, then excuse me, but **** him and **** his decision to retire right before the season starts.

If he did talk to them, them him retiring at this time isn’t a bad move...what the team did with the info was irresponsible.

Easy 6 08-25-2019 03:27 PM

That made me sad for Priest, Vermeil was trying to kill him

DaFace 08-25-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14409009)
He’s smart enough to know it’s a business and that his decision impacts thousands of people. Especially the timing of that decision.

I wonder if Luck talked to the team about him mulling retirement after the Chiefs playoff game.

If he didn’t talk to the team about this until the papers got submitted after FA, the draft and other avenues the team could prepare for his retirement, then excuse me, but **** him and **** his decision to retire right before the season starts.

If he did talk to them, them him retiring at this time isn’t a bad move...what the team did with the info was irresponsible.

Yeah, I'm certainly not defending the timing of it.

O.city 08-25-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14409009)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14409024)
Yeah, I'm certainly not defending the timing of it.

Thing is, I'm guessing they knew he wasn't going to play anytime soon even if he didn't retire. He hadn't practiced at all and I'm guessing was gonna end up being put on IR anyway. So they were probably prepared to play Brissett for the year.

Timing isn't ideal, but when you know you know. If he didn't want to go thru all the injury will he play won't he play stuff thru the year, better to just pull the bandaid now and be done with it.