ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV 'Star Wars' saga set for 3D release starting 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234369)

Frazod 09-30-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 7051369)
This is friggin' ridiculous. He's looking more and more pitiful every damn day. He's just sitting around, trying to think of ways that his old 1970's idea can still be relevant and lucrative today. It's embarrassing.

...and yeah, I might give Episodes 4-6 a try in 3-D...I suck...

The annoying part is.... we... still.... FALL FOR IT :cuss:

Fire Me Boy! 09-30-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7050927)
Thats mainly because Hayden Christianson cant act.

No, George Lucas can't direct his way out of a paper bag. Christianson is not that bad. Consider that Portman is a damn fine actress, Liam Neeson is a incredible, and BOTH turned in sub-par performances.

googlegoogle 09-30-2010 05:51 PM

George Luca$$ needs to shutup for a DECADE and leave movies alone.

Sick of him, midgets in ewok suits , star sores and 3d.

Frazod 09-30-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7052251)
No, George Lucas can't direct his way out of a paper bag. Christianson is not that bad. Consider that Portman is a damn fine actress, Liam Neeson is a incredible, and BOTH turned in sub-par performances.

You basically need to be an actor on the level of Alec Guinness to survive Darth Lucas' directing.

007 09-30-2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7052251)

Completely this. There is a reason ESB and RotJ were the best of all the movies.

blaise 09-30-2010 10:03 PM

I don't even think it's just the directing. I think a great deal of the dialogue is corny and clunky and lame, mostly Episodes 1-3. The way Obi Wan has to keep referring to Anakin as, "my young apprentice". It's just dumb. People who supposedly have spent that much time together would speak more naturally to one another. The script itself is just crummy, in my opinion.

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7052842)
Completely this. There is a reason ESB and RotJ were the best of all the movies.

:Lin:

ROTJ was awful in 1983 and awful to this day.

I was at Glenwood Theaters in 1983 on opening day and couldn't believe the shit I just witnessed onscreen.

TESB was by far the best Star Wars film, mainly due to the script. Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher were still clunky actors and Mark Hamill might as well have been Hayden Christensen's uncle.

Vader and the story owned the film.

007 10-01-2010 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7053073)

I was at Glenwood Theaters in 1983 on opening day and couldn't believe the shit I just witnessed onscreen.

TESB was by far the best Star Wars film, mainly due to the script. Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher were still clunky actors and Mark Hamill might as well have been Hayden Christensen's uncle.

I really enjoyed RotJ but it was second by a mile to TESB. I do agree with everyone that they NEVER should have brought in those damn ewoks.

Deberg_1990 10-01-2010 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7053073)

I disagree....i saw it at Bannister Mall opening day and everyone loved it. I was only 12 or 13 though....i agree it hasnt aged very well, but the Vader/Emperor/Luke stuff is still great and still being copied to this day. Toy Story 3 ripped it off at the end.

Frazod 10-01-2010 07:42 AM

Return of the Jedi had the best parts. The interplay between Luke, Vader and the Emperor was as good as it ever got. I hate the ****ing teddy bear things :# as much as anybody, but the rest of the film made up for it.

I saw this movie opening night at the Kennedy Theater in Kirksville when I was 17. I'll never forget the roar of the audience when Vader chucked the Emperor down the shaft. I've never experienced a crowd reaction that strong since (except, perhaps, the booing at the end of Batman and Robin).

Swanman 10-01-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7053265)
Return of the Jedi had the best parts. The interplay between Luke, Vader and the Emperor was as good as it ever got. I hate the ****ing teddy bear things :# as much as anybody, but the rest of the film made up for it.

The Jabba stuff at the beginning was extremely solid too, both the stuff in the palace and the sailbarge fight.

Bowser 10-01-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 7050920)
I hate to say it, but from an artistic point of view, I agree with Lucas. Anything after ROTJ would ruin the artistic theme of the saga. This said, I would love to see a prequel to the prequels highlighting the rise of Palpatine. I don't believe that this would compromise the artistic theme the same way, say, a Thrawn trilogy would.

Dane (I think) has said that there have been murmurs of possible movies involving Yoda as a Padawan. Your idea or that one would be fine - IT'S NEW MATERIAL. That's all I'm asking for here. I have ZERO interest in seeing 30+ year old movies being remade into 3D. NONE. Can't wait for Holographic technology to make its way into theaters when Lucas is 101, and just before he kicks, he finds the fountain of youth and decides that he can't die without making Star Wars Holographic. And just my opinion here, but I think Star Wars is an entity that could surpass the "artistic theme" argument, based on popularity alone. Hollywood execs would get wood thinking about the money that could be made, and millions of fans would be juiced to see what's next. Again, jmo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7053265)

I saw this movie opening night at the Kennedy Theater in Kirksville when I was 17. I'll never forget the roar of the audience when Vader chucked the Emperor down the shaft. I've never experienced a crowd reaction that strong since (except, perhaps, the booing at the end of Batman and Robin).

The first time I saw RotJ was at the Metro North AMC 6 Theaters, and the first cheer came when Luke was about to get tossed into the Sandy Vagina, flipped back on the barge, and lit up his new, green lightsaber. The place went crazy.

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2010 11:46 AM

Well if we're sharing memories, the Glenwood crowd went absolutely insane the moment Darth Vader walked down the ramp from his shuttle in the second Death Star.

I had never seen or heard anything like that in a movie theater before and I went to tons of movies as a kid.

Deberg_1990 10-01-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7053710)

I had never seen or heard anything like that in a movie theater before and I went to tons of movies as a kid.

My fondest memories as a kid were when Vader threw the Emperor down the shaft and when Ripley said "Get Away from her you B*tch!"

Ive never heard a theater get so loud since.

Frazod 10-01-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7053814)
My fondest memories as a kid were when Vader threw the Emperor down the shaft and when Ripley said "Get Away from her you B*tch!"

Ive never heard a theater get so loud since.

Good call on the Ripley line - that was real crowd pleaser.