ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340166)

GloryDayz 11-13-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15951321)
For Gruden's emails to be the only ones leaked from an investigation of millions of emails, it is clearly a hatchet job on the guy who called Goodell a pu#sy.

While I was ready for Gruden to be gone as he had maxed out his ceiling as round 2 Raiders coach, I hope Gruden pulls out all the dirty laundry with his lawsuit.

100% this..

notorious 11-13-2021 11:15 AM

I hope he burns the whole mother****er down.

They will settle to keep things secret, though.

ReynardMuldrake 11-13-2021 11:43 AM

No way this gets to discovery. The league will settle before that happens.

chiefzilla1501 11-13-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15951468)
Quick look at Mario Soto... yup, pitching more innings prior to Pete Rose taking over. Started 33 games in Rose's first year, no more than your typical ace starter today. Pitched 237.1 innings, not even top 10 for a pitcher back then. Didn't even make top 10 in innings pitched the next season when he started 36 games, tied for 9th in games started. Your argument for Pete Rose killing Mario Soto is dumb as ****. He didn't start an abnormal amount of games and his innings weren't even an extreme high for that time.

And you act like there aren't rotations in a pitching staff. Like Rose just decided hes going to lose this game so he's putting his worst pitcher on the mound and its not just his spot in the rotation to start.

Look at this career and tell me all about how Pete Rose criminally detroyed Mario Soto's career. https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...lylebe01.shtml

So your only evidence is statistics? Again, he pitched on 3 days rest 19 times. That includes the second to last game of the season where NOTHING was on the line. The innings you posted do NOT include long stints where sotos arm was so worn out he needed 10 days rest.

And once again, it isnt just about pitching the bottom of your rotation sometimes. It was also using a 10+ ERA bullpen guy every time rose didn't bet on a game. Even when the game was close. That's highly unusual. No manager is going to consistently use your worst relievers in a close game in late innings. There is nothing about Sotos usage that is even remotely normal.

It'd be one thing to roll with what you've got and try. He rolled his team over to die when he wasn't betting on them. And if you don't think there isnt an enormous implication for what signal that sends to the gambling network... How much more blatant can you get that he managed around his gambling strategy.

jd1020 11-13-2021 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15951517)
There is nothing about Sotos usage that is even remotely normal.

There is nothing abnormal about his usage for the time. Do you think a pitcher is tied for 9th in starts and not even top 10 in innings pitched because hes being used more often than anyone else? Soto wasnt even the most used pitcher on the ****ing team, Tom Browning was. Rick Mahler started on 3 days rest 27 times in 1985 if I'm not mistaken.

Stop trying to compare todays game to the mid 80's.

Frazod 11-13-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15951321)
For Gruden's emails to be the only ones leaked from an investigation of millions of emails, it is clearly a hatchet job on the guy who called Goodell a pu#sy.

While I was ready for Gruden to be gone as he had maxed out his ceiling as round 2 Raiders coach, I hope Gruden pulls out all the dirty laundry with his lawsuit.

I'm trying to remember anything Goddell has ever done that I viewed in a positive light, and coming up with nothing. He's just a giant ****ing douche.

displacedinMN 11-13-2021 03:23 PM

this is going to get ugly-very ugly

jd1020 11-13-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15951579)
I'm trying to remember anything Goddell has ever done that I viewed in a positive light, and coming up with nothing. He's just a giant ****ing douche.

He handed Mahomes his first Chiefs gear. That's about all I've got.

Straight, No Chaser 11-13-2021 04:26 PM

My how opinions change... couldn’t imagine this when Chucky directed the bus driver to do laps around Arrowhead last year.

He’a an first class a-hole. I hope he gets what’s coming to him.

Pitt Gorilla 11-13-2021 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 15951451)
Good, I hope he wins.
<iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.a53eecb4584348a2ad32ec2ae21f6eae.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Why?

Red Dawg 11-13-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15951479)
I hope he burns the whole mother****er down.

They will settle to keep things secret, though.

What do you mean? Exposing that rich men in the NFL like girly pics and don't wanna be around gay men? Is this some secret?

stevegroganfan 11-13-2021 06:43 PM

I am glad to hear Gruden has sued since I suspect what Snyder has done is worse especially considering they were done when he owned the Redskins and he hasn't been pressured to sell his team. What Gruden said was private and a former black player backed him up when he said the rubber tire reference was something he said when he thought someone was lying. The comments in question was when he wasn't even working in the NFL. Many NFL/NCAA/high school coaches just like Gruden. If he said things complimentary of a black coach/executive or some halfway in the closet gay player from the past, I don't those comments linked since whoever leaked his emails had a clear agenda.

Red Dawg 11-13-2021 06:52 PM

Good luck to proving who leaked them and the NFL doing so on purpose just because Roger got called a pussy.

NFL is worth how much money? So they torpedo Gruden for what? The emails make them look bad. Why would want to look bad? They were leaked for cure buy not by the league.

chiefzilla1501 11-13-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15951523)
There is nothing abnormal about his usage for the time. Do you think a pitcher is tied for 9th in starts and not even top 10 in innings pitched because hes being used more often than anyone else? Soto wasnt even the most used pitcher on the ****ing team, Tom Browning was. Rick Mahler started on 3 days rest 27 times in 1985 if I'm not mistaken.

Stop trying to compare todays game to the mid 80's.

I'm not going to thread swerve so I'll leave it at this. He was blatantly putting no effort into winning games he didn't bet on. Especially with bullpen decisions. He abused Sotos arm even in meaningless games and if that isnt obvious, then consider that the next season he would watch Sotos form, if he didn't like it he wouldn't bet, oh... And then he'd start him anyway.

chiefzilla1501 11-13-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15951706)
Why?

Because Goodell and Snyder have been bulletproof despite being complete incompetent pieces of shit. I don't think it's a stretch to say that between baseball and football, we have two of the worst commissioners of all time.