ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I know y’all hating Sorenson right now but….. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340261)

bricks 10-12-2021 10:20 PM

I know y’all hating Sorenson right now but…..

as a reminder he made a lot of clutch plays for the Chiefs AND I will never forget that ever because he was a contributor for the Chiefs most memorable season.

If it wasn’t for Sorenson Chiefs may not have made or won the SuperBowl?

Remember the Texans game? When he made that clutch stop on the fake punt? Also, when he forced a fumble on a kick return that led to a TD? If it wasn’t for him Chiefs may not win that game and no SuperBowl either. He contributed big time turning that game around and that game was a turning point for the Chiefs in the playoffs.

I understand the hate playing him as a starting safety. He ain’t that but as a role player that makes clutch here and there, I’ll gladly take that on my team any day of the week.

The what have you done for me lately sometimes clouds our perspectives of the overall picture. Daniel Sorenson isn’t a starting safety but is a great role player . Nothing more. He still deserves a spot on this team IMO if used Properly. Role player that’s it.

I’m not here to stick up for Sorenson but I do think he deserves less hate. The source of frustration should be directed more to Spags than anything for playing him as a starting safety.

Titty Meat 10-12-2021 10:22 PM

It's a what have you done for me now league

tredadda 10-12-2021 10:26 PM

That's his problem. He makes clutch plays in big moments, but that doesn't make up for his awful play 99% of the rest of the time. Currently he is a liability on this defense.

dlphg9 10-12-2021 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 15891543)
as a reminder he made a lot of clutch plays for the Chiefs AND I will never forget that ever because he was a contributor for the Chiefs most memorable season.

If it wasn’t for Sorenson Chiefs may not have made or won the SuperBowl?

Remember the Texans game? When he made that clutch stop on the fake punt? Also, when he forced a fumble on a kick return that led to a TD? If it wasn’t for him Chiefs may not win that game and no SuperBowl either. He contributed big time turning that game around and that game was a turning point for the Chiefs in the playoffs.

I understand the hate playing him as a starting safety. He ain’t that but as a role player that makes clutch here and there, I’ll gladly take that on my team any day of the week.

The what have you done for me lately sometimes clouds our perspectives of the overall picture. Daniel Sorenson isn’t a starting safety but is a great role player . Nothing more. He still deserves a spot on this team IMO if used Properly. Role player that’s it.

I’m not here to stick up for Sorenson but I do think he deserves less hate. The source of frustration should be directed more to Spags than anything for playing him as a starting safety.

Right now I don't really care about what someone did for us last year, the year before and so on. Right now all I care about is are you helping or hurting this team and he's the worst player on the worst D. Spags needs to hit the door and take Dan with him. Good riddance to both in the near future I hope.

And you are 100% sticking up for him and he is not even a good role player anymore. There is nothing he's doing right and you can't count on him even in a limited role. The amount of great plays has diminished to like 1 in 5 games so far. It's not worth the 99.9% of shit play he gives us.

RealSNR 10-12-2021 10:36 PM

THANKS GOOD POINT NOBODY HAS EVER BROUGHT THAT UP BEFORE VERY ORIGINAL POST

Easy 6 10-12-2021 10:41 PM

Dan can go cry into a pillow case stuffed with ****ing money, I don't care

We're waaay beyond sentimentality here, thanks for the good times now get the **** OUT

T-post Tom 10-12-2021 10:41 PM

I don't hate Sorensen. I don't know Sorensen. Here's what I do know about Sorensen:

1. He's 31 years old.
2. He'll make $2,462,000 this year.
3. He misses too many tackles and gets beat in coverage too often to be a starting safety in the NFL.

If that's "hating" on Mr. Sorensen, then so be it.

RealSNR 10-12-2021 10:53 PM

Again...

That 2015 Royals World Series team was magical.

Do we want Alcides Escobar back? Christian Colon? Butera? Hell, we brought back Wade this year. That sure was memorable, wasn't it?

MAYBE players like Mahomes are deserving of that kind of sentimentality from fans later in their careers. Sorensen? He can go **** off.

FloridaMan88 10-12-2021 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 15891543)
Daniel Sorenson isn’t a starting safety but is a great role player

What role is Sorensen “great” at currently?

Mistackling?

Getting torched on big passing plays?

Mecca 10-12-2021 11:16 PM

He's 32 he's basically always been a marginal player that happened to make some big splash plays at times.

Now at 32 he's declined into being a horrendous player that is making no splash plays.

bricks 10-12-2021 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15891579)
What role is Sorensen “great” at currently?

Mistackling?

Getting torched on big passing plays?

I don’t think they’re using him right.

They should stack him in the box more as the 8th guy if you need to blitz or have that extra defender at the line to help chime in to get you that stop on a running play on like a 3rd and short running play or goalline stance or something like that?

Or perhaps line him up on a corner blitz? He could get there and is not afraid to hit to say the least.

Perhaps use him on special teams more for your return coverage units both in the kicking and punting game. I don’t think he’d be that bad there?

But no way should he play full time and be used in deep coverage plays most of the time like how this current staff is using him. Missed tackles, getting torched on big plays I guess blown coverages yeah I’m with you on that. He sucks in those aspects.

suzzer99 10-12-2021 11:19 PM

Eric Berry made a lot of great plays for us too. Maybe we should bring him back. And DJ and Jamaal Charles.

Mecca 10-12-2021 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 15891597)
I don’t think they’re using him right.

They should stack him in the box more as the 8th guy if you need to blitz or have that extra defender at the line to help chime in to get you that stop on a running play on like a 3rd and short running play or goalline stance or something like that?

Or perhaps line him up on a corner blitz? He could get there and is not afraid to hit to say the least.

Perhaps use him on special teams more for your return coverage units both in the kicking and punting game. I don’t think he’d be that bad there?

But no way should he play full time and be used in deep coverage plays most of the time like how this current staff is using him. Missed tackles, getting torched on big plays I guess blown coverages yeah I’m with you on that. He sucks in those aspects.

Josh Allen out ran him to the edge when Dan had the angle.

bricks 10-12-2021 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15891603)
Josh Allen out ran him to the edge when Dan had the angle.

I know but that’s Josh Allen and he is amazing and probably one of the better mobile QBs in the league.

Easy 6 10-12-2021 11:28 PM

Doyle has a message for the Chiefs defense

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x8wFIwOsZWw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>