ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the Chargers... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319437)

CoMoChief 12-09-2018 04:44 PM

Let's talk about the Chargers...

Chiefs can wrap up their 3rd straight AFCW title on Thursday w/ a win over the Chargers.

Phyllis typically shits his pants in Arrowhead, but their passing game presents a problem as we saw wk1. Lots of dropped passes on wide open looks. Wk1 looks a lot different if their WR's come down w/ some of those misses.

Chiefs OL gets to go up against Bosa this go around, OL will have their hands full again going up against him and Ingram. OL will need to play a lot better Thurs, than they did today.

Even though it's TNF, Arrowhead will be rockin' for another primetime game and I think Patrick Mahomes shines, and puts the team on his back. Gonna be tough though, Chiefs are banged up, and it's a short week. But it's a short week for them too, and they have to travel.

The real NFL season has just begun fellas. Go Chiefs!

BlackOp 12-09-2018 04:48 PM

I'm sure that KC's coaching staff took full advantage of that 12 bye week...it's like they has an actual week to prepare.

The officiating in this one will be..umm..."interesting". That's my only concern...1500 miles travel into a winter night game doesn't bode well for LA.

petegz28 12-09-2018 04:50 PM

**** them. Took the Refs for them to beat Cleveland, Pit and now Cinci.....

ThaVirus 12-09-2018 04:51 PM

Rivers will exploit our shit safeties, but Ford and Houston historically have good games against the Chargers. It'd be amazing if they both show out together on such a short week.. especially with Berry returning.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 12-09-2018 04:55 PM

Made AFC West CBs over rated

Hammock Parties 12-09-2018 04:57 PM

Andy Reid don't lose these games.

We got this.

As long as we have Mahomie...we got this.

We got anything.

RunKC 12-09-2018 04:58 PM

Benjamin and Berry playing will be awesome

CupidStunt 12-09-2018 05:03 PM

If we are healthy, I'm calling a comfortable win. They're real good, but at our best we're on a different level.

However, if Watkins is out, if Hill is at all gimpy, it's gonna be another close one -- like today, but more offense on both sides.

I still think people underrate Watkins' impact. They point to putting up big points on a shitty team like the Raiders as if we're the same without him. We're not - at all. He completely changes the dynamic of the team. I even think Benjamin is going to make a bigger impact than some think. Conley is a total wasteland of a receiver. Can't separate at all. Maybe KB can't either but at least he'll catch balls over guys.

Iconic 12-09-2018 05:05 PM

If this really is the 'return of Berry' game we will not lose. Simply because our guys will be mother ****ing HYPED. Even if Berry doesn't play much, when the crowd sees him put on a helmet for even a couple plays it's going to go nuts.

The energy is going to be insane at Arrowhead Thursday night and it's going to make for a great Rivers meltdown game.

2bikemike 12-09-2018 05:09 PM

I always want us to beat the Chargers. I freaking hate that team. I am worried how beat up we are with a short week. I think we eek out the win but it won't be easy by no means. I have to admit I am a little worried. But then again I was worried about today.

JakeF 12-09-2018 05:10 PM

We need to get healthy.

Sutton needs to put Houston and Ford at DE and just leave them there. We need to generate the pressure we did late against the Ravens, but all game long.

Our OT's need to have an outstanding game against Bosa and Ingram.

RINGLEADER 12-09-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13947414)
Andy Reid don't lose these games.

We got this.

As long as we have Mahomie...we got this.

We got anything.

Believer.

RINGLEADER 12-09-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 13947455)
I always want us to beat the Chargers. I freaking hate that team. I am worried how beat up we are with a short week. I think we eek out the win but it won't be easy by no means. I have to admit I am a little worried. But then again I was worried about today.

A lot harder for them than the Chiefs.

As always, if KC executes they win. No ifs, ands, or buts.

ChiefEd 12-09-2018 05:18 PM

Chargers look like ass today. Bengals are hanging around...

CupidStunt 12-09-2018 05:23 PM

Oh, and ALSO: more importantly, and since I haven't seen this anywhere, with a win we actually CLINCH the AFC West. Even if then lost both games and LAC won, we'd both be 12-4 with the division record tiebreaker.

The boys seem to know that, though. Mahomes broke 'em down saying "short week, let's go win the AFC West."