ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Did I actually see some toughness out of Jordan Black? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150394)

PunkinDrublic 10-22-2006 04:17 PM

Did I actually see some toughness out of Jordan Black?

I think on that play where the SD linebacker got hurt Jordan Black gave him a little extra shove at the end. He might have risked a penalty but his toughness did not go unnoticed from me.

Rain Man 10-22-2006 05:07 PM

I had to chuckle at that. Shove down the gimp.

Hammock Parties 10-22-2006 05:07 PM

Black played really well. Sampson...not so much.

Rausch 10-22-2006 05:10 PM

It was an anomaly...

Marcellus 10-22-2006 05:11 PM

Yea Black outplayed Sampson but that's kinda like winning a medal at the special olympics.

:)

RealSNR 10-22-2006 05:30 PM

Jordan represents the Chiefs. Plays well at home... sucks donkey dick on the road

dj56dt58 10-22-2006 05:54 PM

This offensive line is starting to come together. I think when Turley gets healthy we leave him on the bench as black is starting to improve..however when Welbourne comes back we bench Sampson. I think he'll be good but he's not as good as Welbourne at this point

Easy 6 10-22-2006 06:04 PM

I have always believed that his biggest flaw was lacking a good mean streak, if somebody would just talk bout his momma before each game he might be ok, kinda like the jags dude that has a guy slap him before taking the field. I wanna wipe the cheesy grin off his face in the roster pic, gimme some friggin' TUDE Jordan!!!

BigRock 10-22-2006 06:08 PM

Shaun Phillips is out 4-6 weeks after tangling with "The Crippler" Jordan Black. It's nice to see him causing injuries to the other team for a change.

Hootie 10-22-2006 06:39 PM

you know what I laughed about...

After LJ got his first TD, he looked around for someone to help him with his 'signature' diamond throw...all he could find was Black...

So he's like **** it and jumps into Black's arms...Black looked so awkward trying to hold him, hahaha.

Then of course, LJ found his man Dunn and celebrated the real way, but the first jump was classic.

jawaba2005 10-22-2006 06:43 PM

"The Crippler" -- I like it. He has been solid at LT. I would never let him anywhere close to the right side though...

The Rick 10-22-2006 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie
you know what I laughed about...

After LJ got his first TD, he looked around for someone to help him with his 'signature' diamond throw...all he could find was Black...

So he's like **** it and jumps into Black's arms...Black looked so awkward trying to hold him, hahaha.

Then of course, LJ found his man Dunn and celebrated the real way, but the first jump was classic.

I saw that too. :) It was almost as if, for a split second, you saw LJ look around to see if there was ANYONE else.

Good for Black though. He did well today...

Iowanian 10-22-2006 06:56 PM

He looked better today than he has....but he's got a long ways to go to prove to this fan that he's a legitimate OT in the NFL. I still think he's a better RT than LT if the Chiefs can line that up.

He also had alot of help from a TE today.....but Sampson needed it worse. You know someone was blocking well enough when you didn't hear Mary-man's name but twice.

I almost think the Chiefs should just play 3 OTs when Turley is healthy....switch sides with a blocker instead of a TE when they're struggling. Vicious counters, traps and stretch plays.

Sampson is too top heavy....Hopefully, Welbourne shows up in great shape, knowing the playbook and ready for war.