ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Nick Bolton Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338119)

staylor26 05-04-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15661973)
I was thinking the same thing. You can see that on his tape as well

You can also see his instincts on tape too, but apparently you guys missed that.

He wasn’t drafted to cover TE’s and RB’s down the field. We have Willie Gay to be our athletic coverage LB.

However, he’s more athletic and has more upside than Hitchens ever had in coverage. He also has some ball skills and can make plays. I don’t see how anybody can know he was drafted to replace Hitchens and question whether he has the athletic ability to do so.

Tribal Warfare 05-04-2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15661964)
Good thing instincts are one of his best qualities.

I love how some of you talk as if he’s as athletic as Reggie Ragland. His speed is fine, and I’d bet his 10 yard split is above average. He plays fast. Stop just looking at the #s and watch the tape.

https://www.si.com/.image/c_fit%2Ccs...DMy/bolton.jpg

His 10 yard and 3 cone are worse than Tamba's who was 40 pounds heavier when he ran it

staylor26 05-04-2021 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15661981)
https://www.si.com/.image/c_fit%2Ccs...DMy/bolton.jpg

His 10 yard and 3 cone are worse than Tamba's who was 40 pounds heavier when he ran it

Don’t really care. I’ve watched the tape. He absolutely flies around the football field. If you don’t think he plays faster than the guy he is going to replace, I really don’t know what to tell you. Maybe get a new set of eyes?

Also, his composite speed grade is “good”. You are talking like it’s terrible.

Tribal Warfare 05-04-2021 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15661992)
Don’t really care. I’ve watched the tape. He absolutely flies around the football field. If you don’t think he plays faster than the guy he is going to replace, I really don’t know what to tell you. Maybe get a new set of eyes?

Also, his composite speed grade is “good”. You are talking like it’s terrible.

His short area speed is terrible, Bolton will be a roleplayer and solid expecting anything more is unfair to him.

RunKC 05-04-2021 04:11 PM

A slightly faster Hitchens. Yeah not exactly a ringing endorsement for a 2nd rd pick

ThyKingdomCome15 05-04-2021 04:12 PM

Chiefs made several stellar picks. Nick is gonna be a tone setter in time. He doesn't just tackle, he sends a message. I think he'll be fine in coverage with Spags coaching him up. Not stellar, but fine.

We're simply going to have to bracket guys like Waller. Only a hand full of players in the NFL can cover top tier TE's and not get ran over on running plays.

staylor26 05-04-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15661997)
His short area speed is terrible, Bolton will be a roleplayer and solid expecting anything more is unfair to him.

You are basing this off the underwear olympics. I’m basing it off the tape. It’s quite obvious what you put more stock into based on your draft takes. Do you even watch these guys or do you just immediately go to the combine/pro day #s to judge?

The way seem of you talk about him it’s a wonder how an undersized slow 2 down LB was a consensus early 2nd round pick.

staylor26 05-04-2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15661999)
A slightly faster Hitchens. Yeah not exactly a ringing endorsement for a 2nd rd pick

He’s not slightly faster. He plays significantly faster than Hitchens. Get a ****ing clue maybe?

I guess you would prefer going to FA route spending top dollar to replace Hitchens again?

Would you say Denzel Perryman was a bad 2nd round pick for the Chargers? That probably the best comparison for Bolton.

ThyKingdomCome15 05-04-2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15661999)

So often the intangibles separate the good from the great. Not only is he faster physically, his instincts are tremendous. He has a next level feel for the game. Hitchens can only dream to diagnose a play like this kid.

Plus this kid is an absolute nail driver. I've seen Hitchens lay some big hits. This kid will flat out end your day.

Tribal Warfare 05-04-2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15662004)
You are basing this off the underwear olympics. I’m basing it off the tape. It’s quite obvious what you put more stock into based on your draft takes. Do you even watch these guys or do you just immediately go to the combine/pro day #s to judge?

The way seem of you talk about him it’s a wonder how an undersized slow 2 down LB was a consensus early 2nd round pick.

"but but he's going to be the exception because he's a Chief!"

If Bolton does succeed awesome, but I'm not expecting an all-pro or pro-bowl caliber player.

staylor26 05-04-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15662017)
"but but he's going to be the exception because he's a Chief!"

If Bolton does succeed awesome, but I'm not expecting an all-pro or pro-bowl caliber player.

Who the **** said anything about All-Pro?

If he’s just a good MLB and cheaper upgrade from Hitchens, it’s a good ****ing pick. Maybe your expectations are too high if you expect every late 2nd round pick to be an All-Pro?

If he’s Denzel Perryman, his most common pro comparison, it’s a great pick.

Tribal Warfare 05-04-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15662022)
Who the **** said anything about All-Pro?

If he’s just a good MLB and cheaper upgrade from Hitchens it’s a great ****ing pick. Maybe your expectations are too high if you expect every late 2nd round pick to be an All-Pro.

If he’s Denzel Perryman, his most common pro comparison, it’s a great pick.

As I said if you expect anything more than a roleplayer then you are fooling yourself

staylor26 05-04-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15662028)
As I said if you expect anything more than a roleplayer then you are fooling yourself

This isn’t basketball.

I assume by “role player” you mean that he’s a 2 down LB, and if so, you’re wrong.

That’s also diminishes what he will be doing as a leader on D and the guy making all of the calls.

The Franchise 05-04-2021 04:38 PM

You’re arguing with the guy who wanted a 2nd round RB. Might as well just stop wasting your time.

Tribal Warfare 05-04-2021 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15662031)
This isn’t basketball.

I assume by “role player” you mean that he’s a 2 down LB, and if so, you’re wrong.

That’s also diminishes what he will be doing as a leader on D and the guy making all of the calls.

He's Sorenson he'll be steady but nothing great.