ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs waived Stanford routt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266198)

Titty Meat 11-08-2012 02:10 AM

Free agent CB Stanford Routt is drawing interest from the Dolphins, Cardinals, and Lions.
Routt cleared waivers after being cut by the Chiefs on Monday. The 29-year-old allowed a dreadful 64.1 completion percentage, 491 yards, and three touchdowns in seven games as Kansas City's right corner this year, according to Pro Football Focus. Quarterbacks had an astronomical 111.9 rating throwing at Routt. Miami lost Richard Marshall (back) to injured reserve, Arizona has employed a rotation opposite Patrick Peterson, and Detroit's secondary has been ravaged by injuries. Routt should be able to find a job before season's end.
Related: Cardinals, Dolphins, Lions
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter Nov 7 - 9:38 PM

Marco Polo 11-08-2012 11:12 AM

Per the Miami Herald, the Dolphins are not interested in free agent CB Stanford Routt at this time.

Even after they gave up 433 passing yards to Andrew Luck and lost Richard Marshall (back) for the season, the Dolphins are passing on Routt. It's a reminder that 4.27 wheels can't cure everything. Routt was also reportedly drawing interest from the Cardinals and Lions.

BossChief 11-08-2012 12:31 PM

I wonder what he said and to who.

TEX 11-08-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9097735)
Free agent CB Stanford Routt is drawing interest from the Dolphins, Cardinals, and Lions.
Routt cleared waivers after being cut by the Chiefs on Monday. The 29-year-old allowed a dreadful 64.1 completion percentage, 491 yards, and three touchdowns in seven games as Kansas City's right corner this year, according to Pro Football Focus. Quarterbacks had an astronomical 111.9 rating throwing at Routt. Miami lost Richard Marshall (back) to injured reserve, Arizona has employed a rotation opposite Patrick Peterson, and Detroit's secondary has been ravaged by injuries. Routt should be able to find a job before season's end.
Related: Cardinals, Dolphins, Lions
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter Nov 7 - 9:38 PM

But...but...but...he's just as good as Carr. We won't miss Carr a bit...IDIOTS here that actually believed that. ROFL

Rausch 11-08-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9098500)
But...but...but...he's just as good as Carr. We won't miss Carr a bit...IDIOTS here that actually believed that. ROFL

Did not want.

Did not want to let Carr go.

Did not want Routt (at any price.)

Did not want Ca$$hole.

TEX 11-08-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9098509)
Did not want.

Did not want to let Carr go.

Did not want Routt (at any price.)

Did not want Ca$$hole.

I hear ya!

I work in the Mayor's Office of Special Events in Houston and we have a program with the Mayor's Office in Dallas where each gets to visit the other's city and football team. While in Dallas, I actually got a chance to speak to Carr and he point blank told me that he would have stayed in KC BUT he was given a low "non-negotiatiable" ceiling by the Chiefs, so he "Knew what he had to do." All the love fest with the Cowboys was circumstantial truth. YES, he did like the Cowboys and YES, he always wanted to play for them, BUT he really liked playing with Flowers and thought the Secondary could be really good in KC. He said once he received the offer from KC (It was not even an offer it was just talks) - he knew what he had to do. It was strictly a business decision.

That is almost exactly how he put it. I also spoke to Orton. Now THAT was an interesting conversation.

Titty Meat 11-08-2012 01:29 PM

What did Orton say?

Rausch 11-08-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9098563)
I actually got a chance to speak to Carr and he point blank told me that he would have stayed in KC BUT he was given a low "non-negotiatiable" ceiling by the Chiefs, so he "Knew what he had to do." All the love fest with the Cowboys was circumstantial truth. YES, he did like the Cowboys and YES, he always wanted to play for them, BUT he really liked playing with Flowers and thought the Secondary could be really good in KC. He said once he received the offer from KC (It was not even an offer it was just talks) - he knew what he had to do. It was strictly a business decision.

He and Flowers will always be close. The fact they didn't both retire here is a crime.

This is the perfect example of the whole being better than the individual parts.

They were yin and yang both on and off the field. Perfect match.

Pioli lowballed Carr because he felt he'd take less than market value.

BEYOND reerunED...

TEX 11-08-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9098572)
What did Orton say?

He said that he never even spoke numbers with the Chiefs. Thought it was kinda funny because they said that they "wanted him back" but never acted like it. He said he felt that Romeo wanted him back at one point, but wasn't sure about that once free agency started. He tried to get something out of them but was told to SEE WHAT HE COULD GET and let them know. So he did and when he told them what Dallas offered, they basically said "WOW - That's a GREAT DEAL - see ya!" He said that he was told that it was Matt's team and if he wanted to start, that KC was not the place to be looking to do that. There was not going to be an "open competition? (His exact words) for the starting QB position in KC. They did not want a QB controversy and neither did he. He said that he really respected Matt Cassel and did not want to create an awkward situation. You had to hear the way he was talking to really appreciate what he said. He never said it - but his looks and his hand and face gestures said that KC was a dysfunctional place. We know now that it was / is.

BoneKrusher 11-08-2012 01:50 PM

the Raiders knew who to pick on when they played KC. *cough cough*
glad he's out.

TEX 11-08-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9098596)
He and Flowers will always be close. The fact they didn't both retire here is a crime.

This is the perfect example of the whole being better than the individual parts.

They were yin and yang both on and off the field. Perfect match.

Pioli lowballed Carr because he felt he'd take less than market value.

BEYOND reerunED...

You're exactly right. There was definate cohesiveness the secondary. Hasn't been the same this year... :hmmm:

Rausch 11-08-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9098611)
He said that he was told that it was Matt's team and if he wanted to start, that KC was not the place to be looking to do that. There was not going to be an "open competition? (His exact words) for the starting QB position in KC. They did not want a QB controversy and neither did he.

Uh, yeah we did...

Red Beans 11-08-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

I hear ya!

I work in the Mayor's Office of Special Events in Houston and we have a program with the Mayor's Office in Dallas where each gets to visit the other's city and football team. While in Dallas, I actually got a chance to speak to Carr and he point blank told me that he would have stayed in KC BUT he was given a low "non-negotiatiable" ceiling by the Chiefs, so he "Knew what he had to do." All the love fest with the Cowboys was circumstantial truth. YES, he did like the Cowboys and YES, he always wanted to play for them, BUT he really liked playing with Flowers and thought the Secondary could be really good in KC. He said once he received the offer from KC (It was not even an offer it was just talks) - he knew what he had to do. It was strictly a business decision.

That is almost exactly how he put it. I also spoke to Orton. Now THAT was an interesting conversation.

This makes me want to burn the the whole Truman Sports Complex to the ground. The K has to burn too, not because of what Glass has done, but for the simple fact that Pioli has touched the ground within 100 yards of the place. God ****ing damnit...

Deberg_1990 11-08-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

I hear ya!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9098611)
He said that he never even spoke numbers with the Chiefs. Thought it was kinda funny because they said that they "wanted him back" but never acted like it. He said he felt that Romeo wanted him back at one point, but wasn't sure about that once free agency started. He tried to get something out of them but was told to SEE WHAT HE COULD GET and let them know. So he did and when he told them what Dallas offered, they basically said "WOW - That's a GREAT DEAL - see ya!" He said that he was told that it was Matt's team and if he wanted to start, that KC was not the place to be looking to do that. There was not going to be an "open competition? (His exact words) for the starting QB position in KC. They did not want a QB controversy and neither did he. He said that he really respected Matt Cassel and did not want to create an awkward situation. You had to hear the way he was talking to really appreciate what he said. He never said it - but his looks and his hand and face gestures said that KC was a dysfunctional place. We know now that it was / is.

There are no words......but :facepalm:

BoneKrusher 11-08-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9098639)
You're exactly right. There was definate cohesiveness the secondary. Hasn't been the same this year... :hmmm:

and we can Thank Scott Pioli for that.