ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mahomes: Spreading the ball around. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318729)

Rain Man 11-08-2018 04:55 PM

Mahomes: Spreading the ball around.

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, first, we may need a thread prefix specifically for Patrick Mahomes II. I have a feeling that he's going to be a bigger category than most of our other prefixes.

On another note, I was curious how he's been spreading the ball around, which I think makes the offense even more lethal.

Here are the cumulative yards from scrimmage after each week. (1st picture).

A few things to note here.

1. Obviously we have the big four of Hunt, Hill, Kelce, and Watkins, and then everyone else in a mass below.

2. Spencer Ware is emerging from the pack as the 5th guy.

3. Watkins is a little low because he lost a week to injury.

4. Kareem's slope is steeper, which says that we've been increasing our use of him as the season has gone on.

5. If you look by week, Kareem has been one of the top two in yard from scrimmage in 7 of the 9 games so far, compared to 6 for Kelce, 3 for Watkins, and 2 for Hill. However, Hill is 2nd in overall yardage, so he's getting steady yards each week, and then every once in a while he goes off for a huge day.

6. A really interesting thing to me, though, is that they're all rising steadily. In a given week, it's rare for one of the "Big Four" to get shut out. This is important.

And now look at the 2nd picture. I think this is really interesting. It's the same graph as the first one, but I combined "all other" from all of the players outside the "Big Four". So when you examine them as a group, the "All Other" gang is actually the third biggest producer in yards per scrimmage, just barely behind Tyreek.

That's huge. What it says is that the ball is being spread around so perfectly that everyone is a threat at any given time. The collective impact of long passes to Sherman, runs with Ware, passes to Demetrius and Conley, and so on, are not just breathers, but they're a viable threat on the order of Tyreek and Kelce.

Is that cool or what? (The proper answer here is 'cool'.)

Halfcan 11-08-2018 04:57 PM

Excellent work!

Bump 11-08-2018 05:11 PM

9 Chiefs have caught a TD this season, That's cool.

wheeler08 11-08-2018 05:29 PM

A far cry from our 0 touchdowns by a WR year

Easy 6 11-08-2018 05:45 PM

Excellent work, Mr Rain Man... most excellent

Couldnt agree more about how well Patrick spreads it around, he never hesitates to hit literally anyone he see's open

Really not sure I've ever seen a QB be that way so consistently, the young man never seems to play favorites... his favorite receiver is always the open receiver

Yet I just cant help but conjure the mental image of DaFace slaving away behind a desk piled so high with paperwork that he isnt visible sitting in his chair... while you put your heart and soul into polls and other Chiefs related scientific research projects :D

eDave 11-08-2018 05:49 PM

Hammock would LOVE for Mahomes to spread his balls all over his stupid face.

Molitoth 11-08-2018 05:52 PM

More Demarcus Robinson and less Chris Conley.

lewdog 11-08-2018 05:55 PM

Not better than Billay’s mom spreading the Clap in 1998.

Coochie liquor 11-08-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13878972)
More Demarcus Robinson and less Chris Conley.

More Chris Conleys GF, less Chris Conley!

Kyle DeLexus 11-08-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13878978)
Not better than Billay’s mom spreading the Clap in 1998.

We lost a lot of good men that year.

CoMoChief 11-08-2018 09:03 PM

I said this in another thread.

But this offense could have a QB that throws for 5K yds, 50TD.

A RB that accumulates roughly 2000yds from scrimmage, 20TD's

3 receivers that pass 1K yds, 2 of the 3 receivers (Hill, Kelce) 12TD's+

If this should happen, not sure that these numbers will ever be replicated again.

These are insane numbers, would make DV/AS blush.

alpha_omega 11-08-2018 09:15 PM

IICool

Kyle DeLexus 11-08-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 13879519)
IICool

4skool