ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Nick Foles News (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270264)

dtrain 02-21-2013 09:12 PM

Nick Foles News

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/2...-eagles-chiefs

The Kansas City Chiefs still don't have a reliable starting quarterback for the 2013 season, a glaring issue that will assuredly be addressed in the coming months. One possibility for Andy Reid and his new team could be to bring in the quarterback he drafted last year out of Arizona, and as Chris Mortensen sees it, the Chiefs would have to give up at least a third-round pick to do so.

For more on the Chiefs offseason, head over to Arrowhead Pride.

Mortensen said on ESPN's "NFL 32" a third-rounder would probably be the going rate to acquire Foles. He seems to believe Kansas City is inclined to head to the bargaining table for the 24-year-old passer.

Clearly the connection between Reid and Foles would be a starting point to these negotiations. He drafted Foles in Round 3 of the 2012 NFL Draft, ultimately supplanting Michael Vick with the rookie quarterback later in the season.

If the Chiefs find a way to bring in Foles, retain Dwayne Bowe and use their No. 1 pick in April for another valuable commodity like Luke Joeckel, we might actually see the beginning of a decent offensive display. Kansas City has plenty of work ahead this offseason.

In58men 02-21-2013 09:13 PM

@NFLDraftMonster: Good to see KC is out of the "Foles gold" market. Reid says not trading for him, Kelly says he'll only consider a 2nd (lol) for him.

@MikeGarafolo: Reid asked about Foles. "He's not available. Nick is the property of the Philadelphia Eagles and they like him."

Mr_Tomahawk 02-21-2013 09:14 PM

I've started like 4 threads on this guy already....pick one.

Frankie 02-21-2013 09:15 PM

How about a 4th + Cassel?

BossChief 02-21-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9424312)
@NFLDraftMonster: Good to see KC is out of the "Foles gold" market. Reid says not trading for him, Kelly says he'll only consider a 2nd (lol) for him.

@MikeGarafolo: Reid asked about Foles. "He's not available. Nick is the property of the Philadelphia Eagles and they like him."

I bet this draft monster guy reads the planet. I used that Foles gold line earlier today.

Mr. Laz 02-21-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9424312)

completely bullshit 'out-of-context' report

They ask Reid to comment about Foles and he wouldn't because 'Nick is the property of the Philadelphia Eagles'

and

A follow question suggested that since Foles was drafted by Reid when he was in Philly that he would be interested in Foles. Reid replied that the personel guy was also there when Fole was drafted and he's still in Philly so 'They like him' too

complete hackjob

RealSNR 02-21-2013 09:21 PM

HA! Foles gold. I actually laughed at that one.

Ebolapox 02-21-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424322)
I bet this draft monster guy reads the planet. I used that Foles gold line earlier today.

jesus, christ, you ARE that guy! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

stonedstooge 02-21-2013 09:27 PM

I think I've read this book before

Frankie 02-21-2013 09:33 PM

IF this report is true, it means we probably let Albert Walk and draft Joekel (Not a favorite scenario of mine).

This brings me to this question:

Will we get draft choice compensation for losing Albert? If so, how much, and in what year?

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 09:35 PM

NFLDraftMonster is just some fat kid with a twitter account and a penchant for horrible web design.

Nothing anyone says right now will mean anything. They could either try for foles, or not. Nothing you gather from anyone's comments at the moment will tell you anything.

silver5liter 02-21-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9424358)
IF this report is true, it means we probably let Albert Walk and draft Joekel (Not a favorite scenario of mine).

This brings me to this question:

Will we get draft choice compensation for losing Albert? If so, how much, and in what year?

Max third, and next year

ChiefsCountry 02-21-2013 09:36 PM

SNR remember yesterday you asked. See below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424322)

RealSNR 02-21-2013 09:42 PM

I see now. LMAO

Eh, whatever. BossChief is my homeboy. If he wants to take credit for everything, that's fine by me.

BossChief 02-21-2013 09:48 PM

I'm a jerk for taking the credit for things I've done? If that makes me a bad guy, so be it.

Don't care.