ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Perception of the Chiefs outside of KC among football fans. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320549)

DaFace 09-29-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14485103)
We are going to be the most hated fanbase in the NFL after the Chiefs win a few Superbowls.

We have developed some sick tendencies coping with failure for decades. It's going to be horrifying seeing that combined with dominating success.

Can you expand on that? Just curious what types of things you're referring to.

Rasputin 09-29-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 14485072)
I counter that question with my own; "How many draft picks have the Pats lost because of cheating?"

Tends to end the convo quickly.

I got an annoying as **** co-worker Patriots fan that thinks it's okay with cheating he is intolerable. He said he was going get me a Patriots jersey i told him i would wipe my ass with it and burn it.

Rasputin 09-29-2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14485105)

'Because Chiefs'

wheeler08 09-29-2019 08:58 AM

Standing outside ford field and every Lions fan is talking about how awesome Mahomes is

Tribal Warfare 09-29-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14485097)
I don’t see it. Defenses still getting away with some cheap hits on Mahomes that would never be allowed with Brady/Peyton/Brees, etc.

Exactly,

DaFace 09-29-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14485109)
'Because Chiefs'

It's the "horrifying seeing that combined with dominating success" I'm struggling to understand.

jimidollar 09-29-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14485103)
We are going to be the most hated fanbase in the NFL after the Chiefs win a few Superbowls.

We have developed some sick tendencies coping with failure for decades. It's going to be horrifying seeing that combined with dominating success.

We will never be more hated than the Patriots. Why? First off, there is no way we win as many Super Bowls(because Chiefs) and secondly, Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes are easy to root for. Belicheat and Brady are total douchebags.

Tribal Warfare 09-29-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimidollar (Post 14485189)
We will never be more hated than the Patriots. Why? First off, there is no way we win as many Super Bowls(because Chiefs) and secondly, Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes are easy to root for. Belicheat and Brady are total douchebags.

PMII Effect, never say never

DRM08 09-29-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14485101)
I think that pretty much every fanbase thinks their team gets shafted on calls. We certainly benefited from at least one questionable holding call last week, and the optics of a flag getting thrown on the horse caller tackle on Patrick only after he is sitting there and griping at the ref looked very Peyton-esque (even though the call was clearly correct).

I personally don't think there's much bias one way or the other, but I understand why people see it that way.

I get your point on the optics, but Ravens and Jaguars are both dirty teams. Both of them got away with their fair share of cheap hits on Mahomes. I don’t blame them for the strategy. Play dirty on every play and challenge the refs to throw a flag every time.

KC_Lee 09-29-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14485106)
I got an annoying as **** co-worker Patriots fan that thinks it's okay with cheating he is intolerable. He said he was going get me a Patriots jersey i told him i would wipe my ass with it and burn it.

Find a Pollard jersey and chase him through your workplace all day. :evil::evil:

MahiMike 09-29-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 14048350)
Friend A - Die Hard Packers Fan. HATES the Patriots, is pulling for the Chiefs.

Friend B - Patriots Fan. She has almost conceded the game. Not confident at all. :)

Brother in Law - Steelers Fan. HATES the Patriots. Rooting for the Chiefs.

My little world.

But I have been seeing more Chiefs support out here in California as well. :clap:

I like your friends.

notorious 09-29-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14485105)

Simply message board stuff. We are pretty hard on each other, use colorful languge and insults.

Even the death of a child is open game for jokes and puns. We mean no harm, but imagine how that looks to outsiders. LMAO

When I go to other forums, it’s nothing near this level. Don’t get me wrong, all of this is what makes CP the best.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-29-2019 04:59 PM

Is everyone gunning for this team( entirely possible ), or are we just not doing our job in keeping the opposition out of the end zone?

mr. tegu 09-29-2019 05:07 PM

Perception of the Chiefs outside of KC among football fans.

I see a lot of commentary online still that Mahomes isn’t as good as the stats and that he will be figured out and come back to reality. If he doesn’t go 300 yards and 3 TDs people seem to think he’s figured out. I know it’s just jealousy and denial but the sooner you accept the reality of how good he is the sooner you can just enjoy watching him play.