ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Great day for the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283589)

Mr. Laz 05-10-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10620009)
Yeah, I mentioned the Tayvon Austin similarity to a friend on facebook a bit ago. Austin was more polished as a receiver, but the playmaking ability is similar. People are too hung up on McCluster. This dude is not McCluster 2.0. More like Sproles 2.0.

I wasn't a Murray fan, but I'm a fan of the philosophy, so I'm good with it.

no way

sproles is physical and tough

this guy goes down finger tackles, much like DmC

keg in kc 05-10-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10620730)
no way

sproles is physical and tough

this guy goes down finger tackles, much like DmC

I was comparing them in terms of explosiveness. McCluster doesn't have the speed to pull away from a secondary. He's a lateral sort of shifty guy, more akin to Dante Hall. Thomas (like Sproles) does have that extra gear. He can hit hard north/south and turn plays that netted Dex 5 or 10 yards (before he was folded in half like a cheap lawn chair...) into a longer gain.

Yes, Sproles is more of a pure running back than Thomas. He's about 15 pounds heavier. I'm not saying they're the same guy. What I'm saying is that the end result is likely to be an improvement over McCluster.

I think we're all conditioned to expect less because of Dex. This guy may/should end up being more.

htismaqe 05-10-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10620095)
They won't. Yes you can count on that. Ford will spell Hali in passing situations and Gaines might see the field as a nickel. Maybe starters next year but this year, no way in hell unless a few people up the depth chart get moved.

They're both going to play significant minutes.

dtrain 05-10-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10620087)
You're right. Dorsey really should have drafted Jadeveon Clowney, Sammy Watkins, Khalil Mack, Jake Mathews, and Justin Gilbert.

Some of you guys are really just annoying because you speak with such authority when you really have no idea what you're talking about.

If you think Dee Ford and Phillip Gaines aren't going to be immediate starters, then you should really stick to watching soccer. And then when they draft a guy in the 5th round who some people have said has the potential to be the best quarterback in this class, you still find an excuse to bitch and complain.

Just shut up. Seriously.

WORD! :thumb:

TLO 05-10-2014 05:03 PM

Love this draft. Love the AM pick.

Chiefshrink 05-10-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 10620015)
IDK. Mallet has done jack shit and he seems to be on teams radars.

Studying under Bellichek/McDaniel/Brady development brings street cred. Even without ever seeing the field, is the only possible explanation that I can come up with.

mlyonsd 05-10-2014 07:33 PM

I see this draft as Dorsey building the core.

I can't explain what he's thinking for WR's or S though.

kysirsoze 05-10-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10620281)
You happy with the O-Line? Far too many questions for them all to work out.

There was no way they were going to draft a day 1 OL starter.

Saccopoo 05-10-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 10620039)
Pretty obvious they think this is a rebuilding team not a win now team, probably should accept that.
Posted via Mobile Device

I disagree.

If they felt it was a rebuild, they would have actually taken players who were good and offered some degree of upside instead of a bunch of ****ing stiffs who are worse than the guys they lost in free agency.

Tribal Warfare 05-10-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10620087)
You're right. Dorsey really should have drafted Jadeveon Clowney, Sammy Watkins, Khalil Mack, Jake Mathews, and Justin Gilbert.

Some of you guys are really just annoying because you speak with such authority when you really have no idea what you're talking about.

If you think Dee Ford and Phillip Gaines aren't going to be immediate starters, then you should really stick to watching soccer. And then when they draft a guy in the 5th round who some people have said has the potential to be the best quarterback in this class, you still find an excuse to bitch and complain.

Just shut up. Seriously.

Alex Only Fans dude

SDChiefs 05-10-2014 08:24 PM

i agree. they should let smith walk, they only gave up 2 picks for him. Hes easily replacable by a late rd qb. and charles is overrated anyways. cut him and save money. davis too. rbbc new running back every play. defenses will never know what them. now all we need is 10 or 12 more olbs that missed games in every season and were set. to the ship!!!!!

Strongside 05-10-2014 08:25 PM

Please stop comparing Thomas to McCluster. Please.

BigRedChief 05-10-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10620014)
I'm disappointed. After doing jack shit in free agency they go five rounds with only depth/developmental players..

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/...59130188_n.jpg

Aspengc8 05-11-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10620095)
They won't. Yes you can count on that. Ford will spell Hali in passing situations and Gaines might see the field as a nickel. Maybe starters next year but this year, no way in hell unless a few people up the depth chart get moved.

:spock:

Chieftain58 05-11-2014 09:07 AM

Well if we can get some production out of Kelce and Commings then we might actually be onto to something