ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Congrats to you guys! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268485)

Mile High Mania 01-04-2013 02:04 PM

Congrats to you guys!

I know it hasn't been a lot of fun for you in recent years and this past season was incredibly painful, but I think that is a light at the end of your tunnel.

Removing Pioli and the coaching staff is huge - replacing them with Reid and whomever the new GM will be should be a sign of great things to come. KC has the #1 pick, a pretty solid foundation of players and a great fanbase.

I think if they play it right in FA - booting some players and replacing them wisely, then you can see great things happening fairly quickly. I don't know if that involves Geno Smith or not... how similar is he to McNabb (if at all really)? I know that Reid had a lot of success with a young and mobile pass happy McNabb, so maybe they can replicate some things they did early in PHI.

It will take some time though... but, I'm sure most of you will be pretty realistic with expectations.

Seriously - congrats and good luck. I really can't wait until the AFCW is truly competitively balanced again.

gblowfish 01-04-2013 02:05 PM

Yes, and we hope you lose in the playoffs.

Hoover 01-04-2013 02:06 PM

but, I'm sure most of you will be pretty realistic with expectations.

Yeah, Super Bowl 2014 or bust baby

Iowanian 01-04-2013 02:06 PM

Thanks.

I hope the Broncos are blown out so badly in their first playoff game that Manning retires.

Raiderhater 01-04-2013 02:06 PM

Still one of the classiest rival fans on the board.

DMAC 01-04-2013 02:06 PM

I hope they win in the playoffs.

Congrats and good luck brocnos.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-04-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9280987)

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Thanks though dude! gblowfish delivers again, but I appreciate the sentiment.

Mile High Mania 01-04-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9280987)

I know you do.. :p wouldn't expect anything less.

I'm just tired of the division being puke, quite honestly.

Red Brooklyn 01-04-2013 02:08 PM

I'm all outta rep from the Pioli thread. But I'd rep you if I could, MHM. Thanks.

LOCOChief 01-04-2013 02:11 PM

I agree and like this hire as well. To be honest as a Chiefs Fan since 77 I am for the first time in my life pulling for the Broncos to win the AFC only to get trounced by the Seahags in the SB. there I said it, out of the closet.

Kaylore 01-04-2013 02:16 PM

I would like to add my congratulations as well. Reid will make things better right away and is good at developing QB's. I think the rivalry between our teams is good for the NFL. I also think there is something right about a fat guy who likes cheesesteaks coming to KC for the BBQ. Fat guys belong in KC.

DaWolf 01-04-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9280979)
I know it hasn't been a lot of fun for you in recent years and this past season was incredibly painful, but I think that is a light at the end of your tunnel.

Removing Pioli and the coaching staff is huge - replacing them with Reid and whomever the new GM will be should be a sign of great things to come. KC has the #1 pick, a pretty solid foundation of players and a great fanbase.

I think if they play it right in FA - booting some players and replacing them wisely, then you can see great things happening fairly quickly. I don't know if that involves Geno Smith or not... how similar is he to McNabb (if at all really)? I know that Reid had a lot of success with a young and mobile pass happy McNabb, so maybe they can replicate some things they did early in PHI.

It will take some time though... but, I'm sure most of you will be pretty realistic with expectations.

Seriously - congrats and good luck. I really can't wait until the AFCW is truly competitively balanced again.

Thanks. I figure you guys felt pretty much the same way once McDouchebag got canned and Elway took over...

Mile High Mania 01-04-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9281064)
Thanks. I figure you guys felt pretty much the same way once McDouchebag got canned and Elway took over...

There is no freaking doubt... granted, the hiring of John Fox left me kinda "huh, wut?" But, it's worked out well so far.

ptlyon 01-04-2013 02:19 PM

Thanks MHM! Like others have said, one of the classiest posters on this board!

Now please go catch syphilis with Peyton Manning & die. ;)

DMAC 01-04-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9281076)
There is no freaking doubt... granted, the hiring of John Fox left me kinda "huh, wut?" But, it's worked out well so far.

That's because Peyton Manning is your QB.