ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock (11/4) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326454)

Direckshun 11-04-2019 08:02 AM

Mock (11/4)

1. The Chiefs lose the AFCCG to the New England Patriots. GM Brett Veach and HC Andy Reid are retained.

2. After the season, the Chiefs extend/re-sign QB Patrick Mahomes 7 years, $245m, DE Emmanuel Ogbah 2 years, $7m.

3. The Chiefs cut: OLB Dorian O'Daniel, S Daniel Sorensen, P Dustin Colquitt

4. The Chiefs trade: WR Sammie Watkins for a 3rd round pick, OG Laurent Duvarney-Tardif for a 3rd round pick, DT Chris Jones for a 1st and a 2nd round pick, DE Breeland Speaks for a 6th round pick.

5. The Chiefs trade a 4th to the Ravens for RB Gus Edwards.

6. The Chiefs re-sign to minimal deals: QB Chad Henne, TE Blake Bell, OG/C Stefan Wisniewski, DT Mike Pennel, S Jordan Lucas

7. The Chiefs tender: WR Marcus Kemp, OG Andrew Wylie, DT Joey Ivie

8. The Chiefs let walk: QB Matt Moore, RB LeSean McCoy, FB Anthony Sherman, WR Demarcus Robinson, WR Marcus Kemp, WR Gehrig Dieter, TE David Wells, DT Xavier Williams, LB Reggie Ragland, LB Darron Lee, CB Bashaud Breeland, CB Kendall Fuller, CB Morris Claiborne,

9. The Chiefs sign: WR Phillip Dorsett (Patriots) 2 years, $12m; WR Seth Roberts (Ravens) 1 year, $3m; OLB Wesley Woodyard (Titans) 1 year, $4m; CB Chris Harris (Broncos) for 2 years, $21m.

10. The Chiefs are selecting 28th. They receive no compensatory picks.

The Selections:

1 (Jones). CB Kristian Fulton, LSU
1. OLB Isaiah Simmons, Clemson
2 (Jones). C Lloyd Cushenberry, LSU
2 (Ford). OG Tommy Kraemer, Notre Dame
3 (Duvarney-Tardif). DT Raequan Williams, Michigan State
3 (Watkins). CB Lavert Hill, Michigan
3. OLB Evan Weaver, California
5. OT Scott Frantz, Kansas State
6 (Speaks). TE Hunter Bryant, Washington

Roster:

QB: Mahomes, Henne, Shurmur
RB: Edwards, Williams, Thompson, Williams
FB: Lovett

WR: Hill, Hardman, Dorsett, Roberts, Pringle
TE: Kelce, Bell, Bryant

LT: Fisher, Erving
LG: Rankin, Wisniewski
C: Cushenberry, Reiter, Allegretti
RG: Kraemer, Wylie
RT: Schwartz, Erving, Frantz

DE: Clark, Kpassagnon
DT: Saunders, Williams, Ivie
DT: Nnadi, Pennel
DE: Okafor, Ogbah

OLB: Simmons, Woodyard
ILB: Hitchens, Niemann
OLB: Wilson, Weaver

CB: Harris, Fulton, Ward, Fenton, Hill, Reaser
S: Matthieu, Thornhill, Watts, Lucas

K: Butker
P: Fox
LS: Winchester

Direckshun 11-04-2019 08:06 AM

Basically, the development of the interior DL with Nnadi and Saunders the past couple weeks allows me to fortify the OL and that pathetic LB corps.

Spent some resources at CB; I continue to believe Chris Harris would not only be a perfect fit, but if you're going to spend multiple high picks at CB, which I've done over and over agian in these mocks, you need a veteran who can mentor. I am taking the same attitude with Wesley Woodyard, who I'm happy will not start in this arrangement, so that Isaiah Simmons, who is basically a better Woodyard, can play and get coached up.

You'll notice I tried to buttress my offense in free agency bargain bins. I don't think this team can retain Demarcus Robinson, though I'd like it if we did. Dorsett can probably be had for a good deal, however, and I've always really appreciated Seth Roberts, who can play special teams.

Also, this team needs an RB1 bad, and Gus Johnson can be that guy for at least a season.

The Franchise 11-04-2019 09:43 AM

Edwards and those FAs that you signed are hot ****ing garbage.

Direckshun 11-04-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14574304)
Edwards and those FAs that you signed are hot ****ing garbage.

I have no money, bro.

O.city 11-04-2019 11:27 AM

I'd try and bring back Ragland and Breeland.

Other than that, you can get some vet fill ins in free agency every year. Maybe make some trades like the Ogbah one.

O.city 11-04-2019 11:28 AM

I also really doubt you're getting a 3rd for LDT and only a 4 for Watkins. I'd ideally like to extend and keep Sammy. He's hurt a lot sure, but when he's healthy, he's a big piece here.

Direckshun 11-04-2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14574461)
I also really doubt you're getting a 3rd for LDT and only a 4 for Watkins. I'd ideally like to extend and keep Sammy. He's hurt a lot sure, but when he's healthy, he's a big piece here.

I think you're underestimating how starved the NFL is for interior blocking.

And I think a 3rd is fair value for Sammy.

O.city 11-04-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14574517)
I think you're underestimating how starved the NFL is for interior blocking.

And I think a 3rd is fair value for Sammy.

For Sammy maybe.

And yes they're starved for interior blocking, but at this point, LDT makes a lot of money, is very injury prone and when he's on the field, isn't very good.

No one giving up that much for him.

Direckshun 11-04-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14574542)
For Sammy maybe.

And yes they're starved for interior blocking, but at this point, LDT makes a lot of money, is very injury prone and when he's on the field, isn't very good.

No one giving up that much for him.

I think he's got considerable strengths, and folks out there may think they can coach him up.

It's not unthinkable.

O.city 11-04-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14574569)
I think he's got considerable strengths, and folks out there may think they can coach him up.

It's not unthinkable.

What are his strengths? He can't play consistently cause he's hurt and he makes a lot of money, in which the Chiefs need a lot of back next year because of other contracts.

So teams know they're gonna have to cut some guys and LDT would be one of them. Why trade for a guy that makes a lot of money and may get cut?

pugsnotdrugs19 11-04-2019 02:25 PM

Not reading a single one of these until you finally nut up and pick the Chiefs to win it all

RunKC 11-04-2019 03:07 PM

Ogbah is going to demand more than $3.5 million a year on the open market.

DJ's left nut 11-04-2019 03:39 PM

And Mahomes won't be signing a 7 year deal.

I'd shoot for 5 and be pleased at 4 so long as he started the extension AFTER next season; so he's effectively locked in for 5.

The higher end QB contracts right now are in the 4 year range. Look at the deals signed by Wentz, Goff, Rodgers and Wilson - all 4 year deals. Newton, Carr, Stafford and Ryan (and Grapes) signed 5 year deals but most a few years ago before the move to the 4 year standard.

He's not signing for 7 - period. If you can get him for 5 consider it a small miracle. In all reality, he'll be signing for 4.

Direckshun 11-04-2019 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14574900)
Ogbah is going to demand more than $3.5 million a year on the open market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14574963)
And Mahomes won't be signing a 7 year deal.

I'd shoot for 5 and be pleased at 4 so long as he started the extension AFTER next season; so he's effectively locked in for 5.

The higher end QB contracts right now are in the 4 year range. Look at the deals signed by Wentz, Goff, Rodgers and Wilson - all 4 year deals. Newton, Carr, Stafford and Ryan (and Grapes) signed 5 year deals but most a few years ago before the move to the 4 year standard.

He's not signing for 7 - period. If you can get him for 5 consider it a small miracle. In all reality, he'll be signing for 4.

All fair points.

Direckshun 11-04-2019 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14574785)
Not reading a single one of these until you finally nut up and pick the Chiefs to win it all

Shrug.