ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Domino's pizza revisited and review (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221219)

Mr. Laz 01-06-2010 01:49 PM

Domino's pizza revisited and review

because i'm bored :D

lemme first say that i haven't had Domino's pizza in a long time because it pretty much sucked imo. Ketchup on cardboard etc. Then i saw a commercial for Domino's pizza that actually talks about listening to their customers and even mentioned the Ketchup reference so i was surprised and decided to try it again.

i ordered online ... the site wasn't great but it was decent. It was alot like the Pizza Hut site where they have coupons and allow you to customize your pizza etc. Not bad.

one thing i noticed if you completely customize your pizza is makes the price pretty expensive but if you modify an existing pizza you can get about the same pizza for a few bucks less ... kinda a glitch i think.

so i decided to go with the '2 medium pizzas w/2 toppings for $5.99 each' deal.

--------------------
my first pizza i decide to go away from my norm because they said their hand-tossed pizza had a new butter/garlic crust.

1. hand-tossed crust. 2-toppings were cheese and chicken.

i changed the american cheese to provolone and also change the tradition red meat sauce to white sauce ... for no extra charge btw.

my 2nd pizza was much more my norm

2. deep dished pizza(switching to deep dish added $1) with Italian sausage

i added extra sauce(no extra charge) and added hamburger(added $1) and sliced spicy sausage(added $1)

2nd pizza went from 5.99 to 8.99 with the changes.
-------------------------------------------------

order was easy and they even had a little order status update going. i don't know if it was real time or just a timing bullshit graphic program :)
but it keeps you occupied.

delivery was on time (20 minutes) and the order was filled correctly.

1st pizza - was decent, it was a weird taste because the white sauce was pretty much a traditional Italian Alfredo sauce. Along with the butter garlic crust basically made the pizza end up being Chicken Alfredo on garlic toast. LMAO But it wasn't bad.

2nd pizza - was pretty dam good. the extra sauce made it spicy and the italian sausage was quite good. i was surprised

overall result - it's not restaurant level pizza but it's just a good as Pizza Hut or Godfather's. Competition is good so it's nice to have Domino's back in the running to keep the other fast food pizza places in line.

New Domino's pizza doesn't look anything like old Domino's pizza :thumb:

DMAC 01-06-2010 01:54 PM

I'm not sure why, but I liked their cardboard and ketchup pizza.

Simply Red 01-06-2010 01:54 PM

Franchisee's usually make six figures fairly easy, and it's cake work.

Bane 01-06-2010 01:55 PM

We got 2 last night,and I was quite impressed.They just put a pizza hut in like 4 blocks down from us,so we have been getting stuff from there lately.I really do like the stuffed crust by the way,but we decided to try Dominos after seeing that also.We were pretty happy on how good it was.Good job IMO.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-06-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6415153)
Franchisee's usually make six figures fairly easy, and it's cake work.

Interesting you bring that up. I know a guy that owns 2 Domino's out here. He was in the insurance industry and was offered an internship with Dominos. WTF? Right?

Basically how it worked was he managed a store for 2 years. He was paid alright, something like 60k a year, but he worked open to close pretty much every day. After his 2 years was up Dominos financed him and franchised him.

Now he works 10 hours a week and makes 100k a year per store. Not a bad gig if you can land it.

DMAC 01-06-2010 01:57 PM

Nothing can or ever will beat Little Caesars and the 5 buck large.

The Franchise 01-06-2010 01:59 PM

Papa Murphys FTW

RJ 01-06-2010 01:59 PM

American cheese? They put that on a pizza?

I'm also surprised to hear their white sauce is an alfredo. A white pizza is oil and garlic. I guess I never had an alfredo on pizza.

I haven't had a Dominos in probably 5 years, not sure when I'll try another.

Deberg_1990 01-06-2010 02:00 PM

Chuck E Cheese 4 life!

Mr. Flopnuts 01-06-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 6415166)
Nothing can or ever will beat Little Caesars and the 5 buck large.

I consider that frozen pizza because of the price. You're just not going to get a better pizza than LC for the money. But it costs me 7 because they don't put enough cheese on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6415170)
Papa Murphys FTW

That's some good ass shit. The only problem I have with it is, why should I pay full price for a pizza I have to bake myself? You don't have ovens, lower the ****ing prices.

The Franchise 01-06-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6415176)
That's some good ass shit. The only problem I have with it is, why should I pay full price for a pizza I have to bake myself? You don't have ovens, lower the ****ing prices.

This is my one gripe....but I chock it up to having better ingredients. For some reason....their pizza just tastes better. Plus they put a shit load of cheese on their pizzas.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-06-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6415180)
This is my one gripe....but I chock it up to having better ingredients. For some reason....their pizza just tastes better. Plus they put a shit load of cheese on their pizzas.

That's why I cave and buy it. It is better ingredients, and there are more of them. I'd challenge anyone to eat more than 2 slices of their Chicago stuffed pizza. And if you can, you're a fat ****. :D

Mr. Flopnuts 01-06-2010 02:03 PM

:( I miss pizza.

The Franchise 01-06-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6415183)
That's why I cave and buy it. It is better ingredients, and there are more of them. I'd challenge anyone to eat more than 2 slices of their Chicago stuffed pizza. And if you can, you're a fat ****. :D

LMAO

I normally don't really like just a regular cheese pizza.....but theirs is awesome. I'm eating some right now as we speak.

The Franchise 01-06-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6415185)
:( I miss pizza.

Moderation my good fellow.....moderation. Eat a salad before hand and only have 1-2 slices and you're good.