ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   We better win on MNF, or it will be completely hopeless. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100171)

Red Dawg 10-01-2004 08:44 AM

We better win on MNF, or it will be completely hopeless.

Most of think it's hopeless now but those that don't will join the "Hope is Lost." squad if we lose. Balt and Jax will tough to beat.

jcroft 10-01-2004 08:47 AM

http://www.captain-obvious.com/

B2chiefsfan 10-01-2004 08:49 AM

Mock drafts in October. OUCH!!!

Gaz 10-01-2004 08:49 AM

Nope...

I will not be joining the “Hope is Lost” clique.

Copy and save this, if you like, but you will never be able to use it.

xoxo~
Gaz
Has seen worse times as a Chief fan.

jcroft 10-01-2004 08:50 AM

I'll never "give up" on winning games. I'll keep watching the games and supporting my team. But, I do believe if we lose this game, hope is extrodinarly slim for any playoff berth.

ChiTown 10-01-2004 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaz

I will not be joining the “Hope is Lost” clique.

Copy and save this, if you like, but you will never be able to use it.

xoxo~
Gaz
Has seen worse times as a Chief fan.

Yep.

1982 or 1983 Chargers vs Chiefs. It was a Thursday night game at Arrowhead and we had something like 58K fans. I was still a season ticket holder back then. I remember looking at my brother and stating "this is a pretty good crowd tonight....."

MichaelH 10-01-2004 09:01 AM

If we have a losing season, we won't have to worry about winning or losing on Monday night next year. :(

When I saw the TV schedule for this season, I was very happy since I live in Pantherland. I don't ever remember being able to see the Chiefs on national TV or in primetime so much.

Gaz 10-01-2004 09:06 AM

Like the tides, expectations rise and fall...

During the Martyball days, I cringed if the game depended on the Offense.

In the Vermeil era, I cringe if the game depends on the Defense.

Plus ça change…

xoxo~
Gaz
Done more than his fair share of cringing over the years.

Rain Man 10-01-2004 09:06 AM

If we lose this week, the best we can hope for is 12-4.

Mark M 10-01-2004 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown
Yep.

1982 or 1983 Chargers vs Chiefs. It was a Thursday night game at Arrowhead and we had something like 58K fans. I was still a season ticket holder back then. I remember looking at my brother and stating "this is a pretty good crowd tonight....."

I remember seeing 30,000 a number of times during the 80's and thinking it was a good crowd ...

Ahhh ... those were'nt the days.

MM
~~:arrow:

PastorMikH 10-01-2004 09:16 AM

I've been starting to wonder if losing the first 3 may not be the best thing for us. True, we need a W this week. But looking back to last year, after the 9 wins, it seemed like the Chiefs just sorta expected the games to go their way regardless of what happened - sorta got a little to arrogant out there if you will. I'm hoping that the 0-3 start will open their eyes and show them that they have to work their tails off all week long if they want to win. I think if we had started off strong again this year, there could have been the let down again. Now, they will have to push for every game like it's the end of the season and hopefully that can give them the edge then need to get some momentum built up and keep it built up into the playoffs.

jcroft 10-01-2004 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
If we lose this week, the best we can hope for is 12-4.

Thanks for doing the math on that for us. I was trying to figure it out myself, but it was just too complicated. I really didn't have the time. Much appericated.

KCTitus 10-01-2004 09:20 AM

Didnt you get the memo in March?

[someone is slow in checking their email]

Rain Man 10-01-2004 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcroft
Thanks for doing the math on that for us. I was trying to figure it out myself, but it was just too complicated. I really didn't have the time. Much appericated.

The trick is to take the current number of losses, subtract them from 16, and add the remainder to the win column. Once you figure out that pattern, it's really pretty easy.

KCTitus 10-01-2004 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
The trick is to take the current number of losses, subtract them from 16, and add the remainder to the win column. Once you figure out that pattern, it's really pretty easy.

That's some fantsy pants cipherin' there...