ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

BigRedChief 05-26-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8640238)
Nobody said he should be called up now.

Not here but pother boards. Just ticks me off. Didn;t they learn a damn thing from last year. We have to think long game, not just this year. We are not the Brewers or Reds hoping for a one year lightening strike. Put all the cards on the table. We get our bullpen fixed and everyone healthy we will be fine.

rico 05-27-2012 08:41 PM

Yadi!

Dear Halladay,

Stay down, bitch.

BigRedChief 05-28-2012 09:41 AM

Damn Adams is looking good. He's tore it up at every professional level since Slippery rock graduation. His swing doesn't look like a home run or strike out swing. Both Methany and McGuire think he's the real deal.

Presents a nice problem to have when Craig comes off the DL. I see Craig giving Beltran's knee some well deserved rest at first but then we are right back where we were before Berkman went down, 2 positions and 3 players you need to keep on the field. Good problem to have.

My only concern is they are trade bait at the trading deadline for bullpen help.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...Campaign=email

Frazod 05-28-2012 10:11 AM

Pitching still scares the crap out of me. I feared that the loss of Duncan would be the biggest blow we suffered, and that really seems to be the case. He was like Dr. Frankenstein, assembling dead pieces into an effective pitching monster. Now we've just got rotting parts. :(

veist 05-28-2012 10:25 AM

I think the biggest problem with the pen is there just isn't any kind of defined role for anyone that isn't Motte. Salas and McClellan are both bills coming due for getting pitched hard last year.

BigRedChief 05-28-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8643187)
Pitching still scares the crap out of me. I feared that the loss of Duncan would be the biggest blow we suffered, and that really seems to be the case. He was like Dr. Frankenstein, assembling dead pieces into an effective pitching monster. Now we've just got rotting parts. :(

Yeah, Duncan was the master. No way you replace a guy like that. But, the dude has spent him life on the road and his wife is sick, dying sick. I can understand his desire to be at his bedside. I heard on the STL radio is in in contact with Linquist and does give advise when asked.

Yet, we have a farm system that is producing talent. That wasnt happening during most of the Duncan era. Hopefully, that will help offset the loss.

DJ's left nut 05-29-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8643187)

But Duncan always had something of a hands-off approach with the bullpen, if you'll recall. And the SP isn't really hurting us at all right now.

Ultimately Liliquist did fantastic work with Motte, Salas, and Lynn last year when he got the call in Duncan's absence and was tasked with restoring order in the 'pen. I don't believe he's been at all responsible for the struggles of the BP thus far.

Ultimately he's simply working with some guys that are broken down from last year (Salas and McClellan), lousy in general (Romero) or mostly mediocre stop-gaps like Marte.

Boggs and his 2.08 ERA has looked better than he's ever looked before and Motte's looking solid; just getting unlucky (seriously, how the hell did the Soriano and Pence bombs get out of the park?). And for as much as Scrabble seems to get hit - is everyone aware that his WHIP is below 1.00? He's actually pitching well on balance; once again there have just been some poorly timed key hits that stick in our memory.

To tell you the truth, after seeing how well Lynne and Lohse have pitched this year, as well as the relative bounceback from Westbrook, I'm not convinced we've missed Duncan at all. Liliquist has done a very nice job with the guys that have had some raw materials to work with. You can't really fault him for not turning Victor Marte into a stud anymore than you could blame Duncan for not getting anything out of Batista. You can't blame Liliquist for McClellan anymore than you can Duncan for Franklin. But on the flipside, he's gotten more out of Lynne, Boggs and Motte than Duncan ever managed. He's a much better developer of power arms than Duncan was, IMO.

OnTheWarpath15 05-29-2012 12:20 PM

Anyone planning on hitting the Royals series next month at the K?

Tickets are cheap, but hotels are ****ing insane. The Westin Crown Center wants over 3 bills a night - I usually stay there during football season for under $100.

Debating on whether to stay way out of town, or hit Chicago again for the July series at Wrigley.

SAUTO 05-29-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8645104)
Anyone planning on hitting the Royals series next month at the K?

Tickets are cheap, but hotels are ****ing insane. The Westin Crown Center wants over 3 bills a night - I usually stay there during football season for under $100.

Debating on whether to stay way out of town, or hit Chicago again for the July series at Wrigley.

try priceline, put in 4 star+ downtown crown center/plaza areas and bid around 100 a night... never fails for me.

Frazod 05-29-2012 06:44 PM

**** YOU DIE WESTBROOK 4321

BigRedChief 05-29-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8645821)
**** YOU DIE WESTBROOK 4321

When Carp gets back they better be sending Westbrook to the pen and not Lynn.

Frazod 05-29-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8645844)
When Carp gets back they better be sending Westbrook to the pen and not Lynn.

Christ I hope so.

L.A. Chieffan 06-02-2012 11:45 AM

Not one comment on the no hitter?

rico 06-02-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8654053)
Not one comment on the no hitter?

Speechless.

Jewish Rabbi 06-02-2012 12:24 PM

First no-hitter in 22 years? I'm fine with that, especially giving that it was Johan, not some scrub that normally throws these.