ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What's In That Chicken Nugget? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277048)

AndChiefs 10-05-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10048865)
Since you don't know what restaurants' nuggets were used, you don't know what they are actually called.

Does any restaurant call their nuggets "white meat nuggets"?

Just Passin' By 10-05-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 10048869)
Does any restaurant call their nuggets "white meat nuggets"?

Some claim to be all white meat.

trndobrd 10-05-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10048851)
Is it weird that this doesn't bother me? I mean, it sounds gross, but there's nothing inherently wrong with eating parts of the bird other than the muscle. As long as there's not a health concern with it (beyond the fact that fast food isn't generally healthy), who cares?

I remember in grade school learning that the White Man would kill buffalo and only keep certain parts and let the rest go to waste. The more noble Native Americans would use the whole buffalo.

suzzer99 10-05-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Is it weird that this doesn't bother me? I mean, it sounds gross, but there's nothing inherently wrong with eating parts of the bird other than the muscle. As long as there's not a health concern with it (beyond the fact that fast food isn't generally healthy), who cares?

Poorer people across the world have been making tasty dishes with stuff other than muscle for thousands of years. The other bits often have more flavor, and add moisture and texture to the dish. BBQ is a prime example. The trend in upscale restaurants is to bring all that back and stop using just the finest cuts of meat.

Chicken nuggets were apparently just way ahead of their time

CrazyPhuD 10-05-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10048369)
Ironically, McDonalds now has pretty quality nuggets compared to many other places. They switched their nuggets quite a few years ago to 100% white meat.

Does it taste like chicken????

Seriously though it's all the same coming out as long as it tastes good going in what's the problem???? :D

listopencil 10-05-2013 05:31 PM

I don't like nerves in my chicken. Seems kind of gross.

xztop123 10-05-2013 06:27 PM

Thats even better. Offal and collagen is richer in vitamins, proteins and minerals than muscle tissue.

The problem is the type of oil they are cooked in. If it were a saturated fat it would not be as problematic

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-05-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Yep. When you buy chicken wings and knaw them off the bone you're eating cartilage and veins and they taste good. In fact I stopped at Buffalo wild wings today and got some Jalapeno wings for the game tomorrow. WooHoo!

OrtonsPiercedTaint 10-05-2013 08:45 PM

What do they do with all that unwanted dark meat from the chicken? I think it's pretty good stuff. Besides, if it's fried does it really matter if it's dark or white?

Fish 10-05-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Doesn't bother me either. People make way too big of a deal about food purity IMO. I guarantee that we unknowingly ingest freaky stuff all the time to a much greater degree that we realize. Very few prepare the majority of their own meals these days. It's a certainty that there's going to be break downs in the process sometimes.

bevischief 10-06-2013 05:17 AM

who want the s***s.

Baby Lee 10-06-2013 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 10050005)
What do they do with all that unwanted dark meat from the chicken? I think it's pretty good stuff. Besides, if it's fried does it really matter if it's dark or white?

Speaking only for myself, it matters a great deal.