ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Shark Week - Another Fake Documentary? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285618)

Lzen 08-11-2014 11:44 AM

Shark Week - Another Fake Documentary?

I kept seeing the promos for the start of Shark Week on Discovery Channel. It was about a supposed 35 foot great white called Submarine. The documentary was made to look like it was real. After watching a while it started to become obvious that it was fake. After doing some searching on the internet, it appears that I'm not the only one to think this.

Did anyone else see this? I thought they would have learned their lesson after the flack they took from last year's faux documentary. :shake: Screw that, I'm done with DC.

007 08-11-2014 11:53 AM

I really don't get what they are trying to accomplish with these fake documentary episodes.

Kman34 08-11-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10810389)
I really don't get what they are trying to accomplish with these fake documentary episodes.

Time filler...They can only do so many shows with Great Whites jumping out of the water.

htismaqe 08-11-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Seriously? It's pretty freaking obvious.

Lzen 08-11-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10810539)
Seriously? It's pretty freaking obvious.

Well they're obviously doing it for ratings. But doesn't legitimacy mean anything to them? Do they consider how many viewers they may lose when people are told the truth?

Mennonite 08-11-2014 01:59 PM

It's pretty clear that Hollyweird and the tv industry is controlled by a group of wealthy industrialist dolphins with very deep pockets, whose only goal is to make sharks look bad. Jaws, Deep Blue Sea,....umm that movie about the little chick who got her arm bitten off - all lies and misinformation propagated by our blow-holed overloads. I guess using doctored and fiendishly edited "documentary" footage to smear the good name of our shark friends wasn't enough for them, so now they are just making things up out of whole cloth. Don't fall for their propaganda - not one human has EVER been killed by a sharknado!

Truth:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/COuJJBibGWM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A dolphin will rape you the first chance it gets.

ThaVirus 08-11-2014 02:04 PM

Didn't Discovery Channel air that Mermaid special a couple years ago?

Shit is about ratings, broseph.

htismaqe 08-11-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10810559)
Well they're obviously doing it for ratings. But doesn't legitimacy mean anything to them? Do they consider how many viewers they may lose when people are told the truth?

Have you ever seen the movie "Idiocracy"?

The people that want to watch this schlock FAR exceed the number of discerning viewers that don't appreciate it.

Mennonite 08-11-2014 02:12 PM

On my local news station the other night they featured a man finding civil war bodies using a divining rod. I kid you not. This was a straight news story by one of the reporters on the evening news. At the end of the segment the reporter actually picked up the rod and as it began to move, said "I'm not making it move" as if to provide concrete proof that this isn't the obvious hoax that it was.

I couldn't believe what i had just watched. I half expected them to cut over to a witchdoctor to do the weather report.

morphius 08-11-2014 02:25 PM

I kind of expected it to be about the actual rumors of the shark and some stories about its sightings. I wouldn't have minded it if it had been reenactments of actual events, but when I flipped in the middle it just seemed obvious that they were making crap up. Just had to turn channels.

Mennonite 08-11-2014 02:36 PM

I wonder what percentage of their audience will not even realize it's fake? I would like to think nobody would buy into it, but after countless Ancient Aliens/Ghost Hunters/Hunting Bigfoot programs, I can't help but think their is a sizable chunk of the populace that will believe anything that the idiot box tells them.

rocknrolla 08-11-2014 03:46 PM

Shit. "Sharknado" is just as believable, if they need filler.

Mojo Jojo 08-11-2014 03:53 PM

Wait are you saying that Ancient Aliens on History may not be true too?

Deberg_1990 08-11-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

They keep getting big ratings, so they will continue to make.

InChiefsHeaven 08-12-2014 11:27 AM

I figured it's at least "based on a true story" (Kinda like the Butler...heh) but I didn't realize the shit was out and out fake...

too bad. I kinda like Shark Week, it's good background stuff.

Though, I do HATE the "tweets" that flash up. People tweeting stupid shit like "OMG! #SharkWeek makes my entire year!" and crap like that.