ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ANyone else still want to TANK the season for a better draft pick? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264136)

qabbaan 09-23-2012 05:32 PM

What concerns me most is that no matter how bad Cassel plays, there seems to be no pressure on him at all. They know he sucks, they are managing the game around that. They just seem content with trying to survive poor play from the QB position instead of asking for better.

No mistake about it, if Charles doesn't break off a couple of big runs we are getting blown out by one of the leagues worst teams so far this year. And Cassel's job would still be as secure as it is right now.

Cassel didn't do anything in the fourth that a league average backup QB couldn't have done, and I dare say they could have pulled him for ineffectiveness and Quinn could have won the game too.

Would Quinn have missed Bowe wide open for potential TDs twice? Maybe, but maybe not.

Any competent QB would have won that game walking away. We seem happier to lose with our guy, than to see if we can give the team a spark.

It's almost unfortunate that we pulled this game out of our ass today, because they think they can win with Cassel... Just reinforced it today

Chiefnj2 09-23-2012 05:33 PM

When Romeo played for overtime I was hoping they would lose.

I will hope they lose out to get a complete razing and salting of the land of everything related to Pioli.

Baby Lee 09-23-2012 05:34 PM

I think I have broken it down into chunks small enough to fit into a Gerber Jar.

None of WANT an 0-16 [now 1-15] season. What we WANT is Cassel gone. ACCEPTANCE of a tanked season is a measure of HOW MUCH we want what we really want, Cassel gone.

We wished he'd never been traded here.

We hoped that the FO would see the light with anemic offense production.

We hoped that complete failure in the playoffs would do it.

We hoped that embarrassing plays would suffice

We hoped embarrassing games would suffice

We hoped embarrassing seasons would suffice.

We hoped being the laughingstock of the league would suffice.

We hoped the availability of two 2!!! TWO!!! once in a generation QB prospects in the draft would suffice.

We are at the end of our rope as two what calamity would prove sufficient magnitude to open the FOs eyes.

I didn't hope to tank last season, I don't hope to tank now. But I sure as **** NOW wish we had tanked LAST YEAR.

bricks 09-23-2012 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=Detoxing;8942999][/B]I understand that fans think tanking the season is the only way for Pioli to see that Cassel sucks. But you guys also need to understand that if the team tanks, that means there is far more wrong with the Chiefs than just Cassel.[/B]

:clap: money

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8942999)
I don't know about you guys, but i'd prefer it if guys like Berry, Flowers, DJ, Houston, Hali, Jackson, Charles, Bowe, Baldwin and our young offensive line do well, considering they are the future of this franchise.

Exactly since these guys are the core the team.

Ming the Merciless 09-23-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8943114)
When Romeo played for overtime I was hoping they would lose.

I will hope they lose out

Not at all surprsed you join the 'elite' company of Dave Lane, NightFyre etc.....

Only surprised it took you this long to crawl out from under your rock

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-23-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8943123)
I think I have broken it down into chunks small enough to fit into a Gerber Jar.

None of WANT an 0-16 [now 1-15] season. What we WANT is Cassel gone.

We wished he'd never been traded here.

We hoped that the FO would see the light with anemic offense production.

We hoped that complete failure in the playoffs would do it.

We hoped that embarrassing plays would suffice

We hoped embarrassing games would suffice

We hoped embarrassing seasons would suffice.

We hoped being the laughingstock of the league would suffice.

We hoped the availability of two 2!!! TWO!!! once in a generation QB prospects in the draft would suffice.

We are at the end of our rope as two what calamity would prove sufficient magnitude to open the FOs eyes.

Mmmm...

http://purefilmcreative.com/demo/wp-...2/05/Yoda1.jpg

-King- 09-23-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8942999)
I understand that fans think tanking the season is the only way for Pioli to see that Cassel sucks. But you guys also need to understand that if the team tanks, that means there is far more wrong with the Chiefs than just Cassel.

I don't know about you guys, but i'd prefer it if guys like Berry, Flowers, DJ, Houston, Hali, Jackson, Charles, Bowe, Baldwin and our young offensive line do well, considering they are the future of this franchise.

:clap::clap:

jspchief 09-23-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8942991)
WHo went 0-3 and ended up having a winning regular season? What year and team plz?

1992 Chargers went 0-4 and won a playoff game.

1998 Bills

I'm sure there are more.

I thought you put me on ignore, you ****ing douchebag.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-23-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8943161)
1992 Chargers went 0-4 and made the playoffs.

1998 Bills

I'm sure there are more.

I thought you put me on ignore, you ****ing douchebag.

Who went 0-3 and went to the Super Bowl?

Bump 09-23-2012 05:43 PM

too bad we couldn't have drafted Foles or Wilson, could have...

I think one of them could lead us to a playoff win in the future.

The sad thing is, Cassel can literally throw 10 interceptions per game. The job is his and his only. I just wish I could understand it.

jspchief 09-23-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthCarlSatan (Post 8943168)
Who went 0-3 and went to the Super Bowl?

No one. 1 playoff win is the best an 0-3 team has done.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-23-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8943190)
No one. 1 playoff win is the best an 0-3 team has done.

The prosecution rests.

Saccopoo 09-23-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 8942940)
I don't think any fan would want to tank the season. Whats the point in cheering for a team then if you hope they lose? There is no logic behind that concept.

Oh, there is the biggest of hopes, the hope of all hopes in hoping that they Chiefs tank the rest of the season.

The mythical franchise quarterback.

I know that most living Chiefs fans have never seen one. And even that one single QB, Len Dawson, was a free agent who wasn't drafted by the Chiefs.

Last year, there were two QB's who qualified - Luck and Griffin. They've given their franchises hope.

This next year, there is

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0918...ith_sy_300.jpg

and that, my friend, is what gives me hope. Hope that this team will actually be successful, playoff, Super Bowl successful in my lifetime.

So, yes, in hoping for a tanked season, I am hoping for long term future success of a once proud and successful franchise; a franchise that one was proud to root for, to go to the game, to wear the jersey.

jspchief 09-23-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthCarlSatan (Post 8943204)
The prosecution rests.

Not sure what point you think you're making with me. Polemower said no team has ever made the playoffs at 0-3, I told him he was wrong.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-23-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8943216)
Not sure what point you think you're making with me. Polemower said no team has ever made the playoffs at 0-3, I told him he was wrong.

No point with you. Trying to make one with him.