ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   100 albums you should remove from your collection immediately (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105671)

alpha_omega 12-03-2004 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
I have to admit chuckling at this one.

And this one...

Quote:

Celine Dion - Colour of My Love
This freakish French Canadian warbler is... oh **** it. You already know this sucks

Nzoner 12-03-2004 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Screw the list... the real entertainment is in the comments.

Some of these folks have issues.

and yet another.....

Quote:

you had sex with a midget and even she laughed at the size of your manhood. you probably wear brown shoes too, you c*nt.

Frazod 12-03-2004 10:54 PM

I just read through this list carefully.

I currently own ONE of the listed albums. At one point I think I had two others on tape. I've never heard of a quarter of the artists, and couldn't connect songs to half the ones I have heard of.

Either I'm not even remotely with it, or I just have really good taste. :D

Nzoner 12-03-2004 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod

I currently own ONE of the listed albums. At one point I think I had two others on tape. I've never heard of a quarter of the artists, and couldn't connect songs to half the ones I have heard of.

The only thing I noticed is that you didn't list the ONE :D

Miles 12-03-2004 10:58 PM

Quote:

The one you own is the INXS album isnt it? ;)

Nzoner 12-03-2004 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Down Elvis
or Trampled Underfoot, or Ten Years Gone or Boogie with Stu

I never replaced this album after I lost it in a fire,have now added it to my list to give to Santa when I visit him at the mall tomorrow.

Frazod 12-03-2004 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner 338
The only thing I noticed is that you didn't list the ONE :D

Synchronicity. I had Dark Side of the Moon on tape years ago, but never replaced it. All my cassettes have gotten into the wind in one way or another. I think I had that Doors album on tape, too. That's pretty much it.

Nzoner 12-03-2004 11:18 PM

Quote:

Synchronicity. I had Dark Side of the Moon on tape years ago, but never replaced it. All my cassettes have gotten into the wind in one way or another. I think I had that Doors album on tape, too. That's pretty much it.

I actually had a dozen on the list at one time,however,as mentioned above,a fire wiped out a collection of 786 albums. :banghead: I priced one on the net last night called Cal Jam 2 and shit you not it was showing a price tag of $400.If that was right it makes me sick to wonder what my collection would've been worth today.

Frazod 12-03-2004 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner 338
I actually had a dozen on the list at one time,however,as mentioned above,a fire wiped out a collection of 786 albums. :banghead: I priced one on the net last night called Cal Jam 2 and shit you not it was showing a price tag of $400.If that was right it makes me sick to wonder what my collection would've been worth today.

My big thing is movies - I have about 300 DVDs and dozens of VHS tapes (used to be hundreds of them, but as I upgrade to DVD I generally give the tapes away).

Conversely, I probably own about 70 music CDs.

ChiefFripp 12-04-2004 03:51 AM

Albums I have out of that list.
Beastie Boys: Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head, Ill Communication
Pink Floyd:Dark Side of the Moon
R.H.C.P.: Blood Sugar Sex Magic
Love&Rockets:Earth,Sun and Moon
Mogwai:Come on Die Young
The Beatles:Sgt.Pepper's
NIN:Pretty Hate Machine(atleast I think I own it)
Jane's Addiction:Nothing Shocking

Guess what, I'm keeping them all so he can go fuck himself. Any rock album can look childish , pretentious and especially out of fashion from a certain cynical point of view. But if you buy music because you care about what other people think, you're just a lemming who needs to be put out of your misery anyways.

Man, I'm suprised The Cure's Disintegration didn't make the list....he must secretly have a soft spot for that album.

Rausch 12-04-2004 03:55 AM

"The Police - Synchronicity, Nirvana - Nevermind, Pearl Jam - Vs."

Oh, **** off...I'm done with this article....

mikey23545 12-04-2004 04:52 AM

U2 - War
"We do make, and we will continue to make, soul music. Soul music is when you
bring what's on the inside to the outside." (Bono, 1983) --Actually, defecating is when you bring what's on the inside to the outside, Mr. MacPhisto. Well done with 1983's War.

ROFL

Hammock Parties 12-04-2004 04:57 AM

I am proud to say I own nothing from that list.

Hammock Parties 12-04-2004 04:58 AM

Quote:

My big thing is movies - I have about 300 DVDs

Jesus Tits! You should try to be more selective in your DVD purchases. There's no need to buy the 2-disc collector's edition of every Police Academy.

ROFL

Demonpenz 12-04-2004 05:01 AM

Frazod has all 100 disks of sex in the city.